Sign in to follow this  
JadinED

Anti-Squadron Overkill?

1 minute ago, Muelmuel said:

Imo LTT already seems worth it over DTT if you can frequently get off 2 ship shots, since DTT can only use once per turn. It even overlaps Spinals' territory abit for ships with natural high red dice counts and GT-capable

You’re paying 2 points for the removal of both Modification and Exhaust, and get the single squad bonus as a bonus.

Youre going to have to be pretty hard up for points to grab DTT over it now.

23 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

You’re paying 2 points for the removal of both Modification and Exhaust, and get the single squad bonus as a bonus.

Power creep is real

On 7/18/2019 at 11:43 AM, zingerwhip said:

Yes but very similar final tables at big events. We don't need a huge shake up just a couple gentle nudges.....careful.....

Define "big events". Because NOVA and GENCON had almost no squadrons on the final tables. @JJs Juggernaut's winning GENCON list had no squadrons, though I can't remember what his opponent had. Myself and @duck_bird had no squadrons on the table at all at NOVA. Worlds this year saw both finalists with max squad balls, but looked very different to years prior. 

If we're talking Regionals, then yeah, everyone took bloody Thrawn two ship

On 7/19/2019 at 3:30 PM, Drasnighta said:

So I thought about this. On a stardestroyer where you are doing multiple attacks and throw big dice pools the LTT is a straight upgrade, but on other ships DTT is still a better option. 

Consider the DTT posterchild the Arti light cruiser. You are normally firing three red dice once per turn from long range. If you roll all single hits you probably arn't going to risk a reroll to get a better result, so for that attack LTT has no value. But if you have DTT you can try for a better roll of a crit, double hit or maybe accuracy, without risking your existing roll. And the rest of the time DTT is at least as good because you are barely ever making two (serious) attacks.

3 hours ago, CMDR Kastor said:

So I thought about this. On a stardestroyer where you are doing multiple attacks and throw big dice pools the LTT is a straight upgrade, but on other ships DTT is still a better option. 

Consider the DTT posterchild the Arti light cruiser. You are normally firing three red dice once per turn from long range. If you roll all single hits you probably arn't going to risk a reroll to get a better result, so for that attack LTT has no value. But if you have DTT you can try for a better roll of a crit, double hit or maybe accuracy, without risking your existing roll. And the rest of the time DTT is at least as good because you are barely ever making two (serious) attacks.

Yea my opinion is this. DTTs is still nice on stuff like Arquitens, Hammerhead Scouts (Though Slaved turrets would probably be better), or Nebulons if you want to get a little dice fixing. Slaved Turrets is nice and all, but being able to attack and flak or use a second arc is nice on many of the smaller ships.

Though I do think DTTs should lose Modification.

20 hours ago, Truthiness said:

Define "big events". Because NOVA and GENCON had almost no squadrons on the final tables. @JJs Juggernaut's winning GENCON list had no squadrons, though I can't remember what his opponent had. Myself and @duck_bird had no squadrons on the table at all at NOVA. Worlds this year saw both finalists with max squad balls, but looked very different to years prior. 

If we're talking Regionals, then yeah, everyone took bloody Thrawn two ship

I will quickly submit to your expertise in this Truthiness, I am pretty removed from most of the tournaments live happenings. I try to watch the streamed games, and Worlds was the last big one I saw so that's what I was referring to. I love playing this game and am trying to get a group going where I am but I don't read and dissect the posted lists. I suppose I was just talking to be part of the conversation, so thanks for not going full Internet rage, and just giving me solid facts in calm manner. I like this forum, thanks everyone.

3 hours ago, zingerwhip said:

I will quickly submit to your expertise in this Truthiness, I am pretty removed from most of the tournaments live happenings. I try to watch the streamed games, and Worlds was the last big one I saw so that's what I was referring to. I love playing this game and am trying to get a group going where I am but I don't read and dissect the posted lists. I suppose I was just talking to be part of the conversation, so thanks for not going full Internet rage, and just giving me solid facts in calm manner. I like this forum, thanks everyone.

You're hardly off base, man. I was just curious what your definition was. If anything, GENCON and NOVA last year are the outliers. The game has largely been dominated by squad heavy builds for a long time.