Hello all, a member of my local group asked me to post these scenario ideas he had created so he could get some feedback from the community at large. We are hoping to give them a shot at our next meetup, perhaps this coming weekend. He likes thematic content so these missions are meant to be played as Rebel v. Imperial, though I would imagine a mirror match could work as well. These are rough first drafts/concepts, so don't expect number values to be perfect or in line with competitive balance, these are definitely theme based and play around with similar base concepts. Thanks for reading!

Prison Break

• 3'x3' playing area
  • Only the Station obstacle, placed by the Imperial player anywhere outside their deployment zone

Imperial Player

• 200 point fleet + 40 points of squadrons + 40 points of squadrons in Hangar
  • 3 Defense Satellites (3 hull, no shields, 1 360 degree hull zone, 1 red 2 blue anti-ship, 1 blue flak, Counter 1, no movement)
  • 1 Hangar (token on mat, no effect after deployment, 40 point squadrons deploy touching token)
  • Satellites and Hangar (+ squadrons) are placed/deployed after the Rebels complete their full deployment.

Rebel Player

• 250 point fleet + 60 points of squadrons + 1 VCX freighter
  • If VCX spends 2 turns within range 1 of station it receives a victory token on it. Once the VCX reaches the edge of the playing area with a token, the Rebels score an additional 75 points.

Retrieve the Artifact

• 3'x3' playing area
  • Only the Station obstacle, placed directly in center
  • Each fleet gets 1 additional Lambda shuttle with an identifying token (has the retrieval team on board) that is deployed as if by Rapid Launch Bays from any ship in the fleet, chosen during deployment
  • Shuttle needs 3 turns of staying within range 1 to retrieve the artifact, then can escape off the board. If it does so successfully, that side scores a victory token worth 50 points.
  • A shuttle carrying the artifact token can be destroyed, leaving the token on the spot where the Lambda died. This token can be retrieved by the enemy Lambda and scored for points.

12 hours ago, TheBigLev said:

3 Defense Satellites (3 hull, no shields, 1 360 degree hull zone, 1 red 2 blue anti-ship, 1 blue flak, Counter 1, no movement)

I like the idea. Remindes me of "mines" in TIE Fighter CD Rom. For that I would make them 1 hull and 1 scatter. You need just 1 precise hit to get rid of them and you don't need any tokens to count their hull. I think they count as "squadrons"?

Question is when do the Defense Satellites attack? At the begin of squadron phase, at the end or does the imperial player activate them like normal squadrons?

14 hours ago, Triangular said:

I like the idea. Remindes me of "mines" in TIE Fighter CD Rom. For that I would make them 1 hull and 1 scatter. You need just 1 precise hit to get rid of them and you don't need any tokens to count their hull. I think they count as "squadrons"?

Question is when do the Defense Satellites attack? At the begin of squadron phase, at the end or does the imperial player activate them like normal squadrons?

This is a good question. You could run them either as squadrons or as ships. I think the intention is as a ship. They offer initial action economy to the Empire but are so easily destroyed you can remove this advantage in a single turn potentially. The armaments further confirm this, as they would be quite anemic as squadrons unless you happened to drop your ship into very close range of the satellite and equally poor at combat with other squadrons.