Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Grumbleduke

SSD Release date: 2 August. Also available at Gencon

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just confirmed on the stream. SSD will be available in stores 2 August, and for early purchase at Gencon.

RitR not expected until late August (based on when the preview articles are scheduled).

Two new ships will be revealed at GenCon during the In Flight Report.

Good luck to those going to the German Grand Championship on 15 August, let us know how many SSDs turn up.

Edited by Grumbleduke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

Just confirmed on the stream.

RitR not expected until late August (based on when the preview articles are scheduled).

Two new ships will be revealed at GenCon during the In Flight Report.

To clarify, the title states the SSD on August 2nd, is that confirmed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several big tournaments in the weeks after it came out.

IF it really hit the store on 2nd August, it means it would be legal for the German grand Championship and the European Continental Championship. Along with the first US Grand Championship. These three are all on the last 3 weekends of August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tokra said:

There are several big tournaments in the weeks after it came out.

IF it really hit the store on 2nd August, it means it would be legal for the German grand Championship and the European Continental Championship. Along with the first US Grand Championship. These three are all on the last 3 weekends of August.

And you know at least one will be at each of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tokra said:

There are several big tournaments in the weeks after it came out.

IF it really hit the store on 2nd August, it means it would be legal for the German grand Championship and the European Continental Championship. Along with the first US Grand Championship. These three are all on the last 3 weekends of August.

The German Grand Championship and European Continental Championship isn't an immediate given.  You'd have to check with the Organiser for actual Legality, as the 11-day cooling off period only applies to North American Premier level Events.

If there was going to be a 3+ Week delay for European releases, then I doubt it'd be ranked Legal...  

 

But its a Question Worth Asking.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

The German Grand Championship and European Continental Championship isn't an immediate given.  You'd have to check with the Organiser for actual Legality, as the 11-day cooling off period only applies to North American Premier level Events.

If there was going to be a 3+ Week delay for European releases, then I doubt it'd be ranked Legal...  

 

But its a Question Worth Asking.

This question was not even important untill they set the SSD to "on the boat". Combined with the, now given, release date, it is a really interesting timing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't imagine the SSD being legal is that much of a problem, even if it has only just been released. The cards and rules have been public for a while and the obsessive people have been trying it out on Vassal.

RitR seems a bit more important as there's still quite a bit of secret content, which we would want some time to get used to. Maybe that's partly why they're waiting until September to release it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

The German Grand Championship and European Continental Championship isn't an immediate given.  You'd have to check with the Organiser for actual Legality, as the 11-day cooling off period only applies to North American Premier level Events.

If there was going to be a 3+ Week delay for European releases, then I doubt it'd be ranked Legal...  

 

But its a Question Worth Asking.

 

 

For Germany the situation is even more complicated since Tournament Legality in the past was based on the release of the german product (with a 14-day cooling off period as I recall) but for the SSD there not even exits a non-english version. Is there a official SSD release in germany at all? Heidelberger Spieleverlag/now Asmodee Germany did not distribute english products in the past but maybe that or the Legality Clause changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Decarior said:

For Germany the situation is even more complicated since Tournament Legality in the past was based on the release of the german product (with a 14-day cooling off period as I recall) but for the SSD there not even exits a non-english version. Is there a official SSD release in germany at all? Heidelberger Spieleverlag/now Asmodee Germany did not distribute english products in the past but maybe that or the Legality Clause changed?

Ask and find out 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...