JediPartisan

Yet another Clone Wars Upcoming Units Theory

15 minutes ago, Kardek said:

The first one I would exclude, as FFG wouldn't have access to any info about him prior to Solo: A Star Wars Story being released.  The development time makes it not feasible.   

The other two, are options, though we don't really see them doing any commanding per se, especially in a General capacity.   So, there we go, we DO have options, but of those listed and Veers, the only future contender - on sculpt alone, would be Bolandin.   He would provide a decent sculpt and possibly be a very different and front line commander, whereas Veers is not.  

I think everyone is missing an obvious release: Dual Anakin. One package and a dual role Anakin (several poses). Cards for repbulic Anakin and separatist Anakin. (A "Kill the Younglings" one-pip? A "I hate the sand" two-pip?). 

Maybe he's a republic commander and separatist operative. 

If you're going to run him as sith anakin, you can paint his eyes red. 

8 minutes ago, Djaskim609 said:

I think everyone is missing an obvious release: Dual Anakin. One package and a dual role Anakin (several poses). Cards for repbulic Anakin and separatist Anakin. (A "Kill the Younglings" one-pip? A "I hate the sand" two-pip?). 

Maybe he's a republic commander and separatist operative. 

If you're going to run him as sith anakin, you can paint his eyes red. 

Except anakin was never apart of the CIS even as a Sith he was Repulic General, hence him bringing clones to purge the jedi temple

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

The Clone Wars has a HUGE fan base.   Probably more people like it over the actual movies.

The Clone Wars is huge among Star Wars fans, who have all also seen the movies.  A whole lot of people have seen the movies and not The Clone Wars.  You and I would probably get more excited about TCW characters, but we'd still buy movie characters.  Meanwhile those who have seen the movies and not the series are more likely to buy ONLY the characters from the movies.  It just makes business sense for FFG to concentrate on models which will sell more, rather than models which will excite a smaller fanbase.  That means (as sad as it makes me), I expect Jango over Cad Bane and Commander Cody over Rex.

As for Veers vs Thrawn, I maintain that Thrawn would fit more as a front-line commander.  Veers commanded the Battle of Hoth from the cockpit of an AT-AT.  Thrawn at least could show up with his sparring robots and Rukh.  So I maintain the primary reason we haven't gotten Thrawn is not that he wouldn't fit in with the game, but that not enough people would recognize him.  It seems unfathomable to us who are hardcore Star Wars fan that somebody might NOT know who Thrawn is, but that's the reality for most of the world.

Most clone variations (and clanker variations) will still be recognizable as clone to the average person, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more TCW details show up among the non-unique units.  The BARC Speeder, for instance, comes from the cartoon, but casual fans can easily understand they're just clone troopers riding a fancy vehicle.

Now, as for what I want, I'd like to see Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex and a handful of clones taking on Lok Durd with a Defoliator command card and a legion of battle droids.

Edited by GooeyChewie

11 minutes ago, lunitic501 said:

Except anakin was never apart of the CIS even as a Sith he was Repulic General, hence him bringing clones to purge the jedi temple

You're right. So what? Light/dark Anakin is the unit that we need. 

34 minutes ago, GooeyChewie said:

Most clone variations (and clanker variations) will still be recognizable as clone to the average person, so I wouldn't be surprised to see more TCW details show up among the non-unique units.  The BARC Speeder, for instance, comes from the cartoon, but casual fans can easily understand they're just clone troopers riding a fancy vehicle.

did we not first see them in episode three on Kashyyyk, I am not 100% sure but think they were in the movie.

54 minutes ago, GooeyChewie said:

The Clone Wars is huge among Star Wars fans, who have all also seen the movies.  A whole lot of people have seen the movies and not The Clone Wars.  You and I would probably get more excited about TCW characters, but we'd still buy movie characters.  Meanwhile those who have seen the movies and not the series are more likely to buy ONLY the characters from the movies.  It just makes business sense for FFG to concentrate on models which will sell more, rather than models which will excite a smaller fanbase.  That means (as sad as it makes me), I expect Jango over Cad Bane and Commander Cody over Rex.

As for Veers vs Thrawn, I maintain that Thrawn would fit more as a front-line commander.  Veers commanded the Battle of Hoth from the cockpit of an AT-AT.  Thrawn at least could show up with his sparring robots and Rukh.  So I maintain the primary reason we haven't gotten Thrawn is not that he wouldn't fit in with the game, but that not enough people would recognize him.  It seems unfathomable to us who are hardcore Star Wars fan that somebody might NOT know who Thrawn is, but that's the reality for most of the world.

Now, as for what I want, I'd like to see Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex and a handful of clones taking on Lok Durd with a Defoliator command card and a legion of battle droids.

Despite all your arguing against the inclusion of material from the animated shows in favour of what we see in the films, can you then explain to me WHY we have a Sabine Wren figure?   My everything you've stated, the people who buy this game would rather see a Crix Madine figure..  or at the very least why was she chosen over, say, Lando?   It seems that the developers ARE a fan of the animations, and will draw on the characters where they fit (Obi’s outfit, Sabine with the darksaber no less!)

Posted (edited)

Sabine shouldn't have happened yet (seeing that Lando was still missing)... That being said she was the sixth (?) character release for Rebels something like a year later (or has the game been out longer?)... Anakin, Dooku, and Maul (Mace and Cody are also not unlikely) will be showing up before any of the obscure non-movie characters.

Asajj will probably be the first one given that the CIS doesn't have a lot of good character choices from the movies and she's probably the most well known considering she's the oldest EU/CW character...

Edit: Scratch that, I expect Jango to show up before Asajj; people love dat Mando armor.

Edited by GreatMazinkaiser

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Sabine shouldn't have happened yet (seeing that Lando was still missing)... That being said she was the sixth (?) character release for Rebels something like a year later (or has the game been out longer?)... Anakin, Dooku, and Maul (Mace and Cody are also not unlikely) will be showing up before any of the obscure non-movie characters.

Asajj will probably be the first one given that the CIS doesn't have a lot of good character choices from the movies and she's probably the most well known considering she's the oldest EU/CW character...

Edit: Scratch that, I expect Jango to show up before Asajj; people love dat Mando armor.

I fully, and respectively disagree.   

Articles like this:

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-starwars-com-10-best-bounty-hunters

https://screenrant.com/best-bounty-hunters-in-star-wars/

Seem to imply that the Clone Wars bounty Hunters are pretty popular.  In Fact, Cad Bane is number 1 on both lists.

Edited by That Blasted Samophlange

11 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Yeah, but I don't see Jango as being significantly different from Boba, so I could see him being delayed for other characters, even the non-movie ones. The Clone Wars cartoons are 11+ years old at this point, so many of the kids who watched those shows are young adults/teenagers who now may have money to purchase miniatures. 

I'm hoping we get Hailfires as the first CIS heavy (because I'm playing Banking Clan), but I'm sure I'll be disappointed. The AAT is probably going to be first up...

Sabre is probably close to guaranteed just because the GAR doesn't have a lot of vehicles in that size category.

Posted (edited)

So going to throw the Homing Spider Tank out as a potential for the next heavy for CIS.  The reason I believe this is the vehicle is Iconic enough and while the model is tall, it should fit inside a reasonable box. There is also alot of open space to the vehicles volume, also looking at the core boxes are for both sides puts the AT-STs right behind Darth Vader and the Homing Spider right behind General Grievous if that is not an indication of what to expect from models for a game I would say poor advertising.homing-spider-droid-main-image_0cf45312.

Edited by F0RGED

Eww, just no... no bloody aircraft, especially not ones that big, or at least not until we have a substantial number of the many ground vehicles the CIS uses.

Also I haven't heard of over half of the bounty hunters on that second list and I doubt I'm unusual in that.

8 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Eww, just no... no bloody aircraft, especially not ones that big, or at least not until we have a substantial number of the many ground vehicles the CIS uses.

Also I haven't heard of over half of the bounty hunters on that second list and I doubt I'm unusual in that.

I like that Jas Emari, a bounty hunter they credit with...exactly zero bounties is being ranked above Bossk and Dengar....just what the what?

Pretty much all of them are Clone Wars fodder; and none of them were particularly good at their jobs in that. Cad Bane might as well have had: CIS operative stamped on his forehead considering how often he worked for Darth Sidious (hint: almost exclusively). 

For the record, FFG LOVES Sabine. If you look at her in X-Wing 1.0, she is on of the most broke things in the game - and they had 3-4 different ways to put her in a list. Disney likes her as well, she is bad-A female character, a Mando, she is not a princess/queen and she is in the timeline of the current FFG toys. And no one has ever want Crix Madine, except to complete their action figure collection.  

I love the Clone Wars, overall probably more the PT (which I also love) but in my experience in X-Wing and Armada local scenes, Clone Wars and Rebels are a niche (a large niche) inside of the FFG SW fandom.

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 3:23 PM, Alpha17 said:

The other commanders mentioned, Nute Gunray, Padme, etc, will likely happen eventually, but they most certainly don't need to happen soon.  Can't say I've heard anybody look at Legion and say "man, if this game had Nute Gunray in it, I'd buy in immediately!"

I just logged in to say that if this game had Nute Gunray in it, I'd TOTALLY buy in immediately :D

With Entourage: Droidekas, please FFG.

Edited by XVINC

21 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Despite all your arguing against the inclusion of material from the animated shows in favour of what we see in the films, can you then explain to me WHY we have a Sabine Wren figure?   My everything you've stated, the people who buy this game would rather see a Crix Madine figure..  or at the very least why was she chosen over, say, Lando?   It seems that the developers ARE a fan of the animations, and will draw on the characters where they fit (Obi’s outfit, Sabine with the darksaber no less!)

Honest answer?  She’s a visually striking kick-butt young female protagonist.  Those factors combine to make her THE most recognizable face from Rebels, especially amongst people who have never seen the show.  All those factors apply to Ahsoka as well, which is why I said Sabine’s inclusion bodes well for her but not any other TCW character.  Sabine is the exception who proves the rule.

My point has nothing to do with what the developers like.  It has everything to do with what FFG thinks will make money.  I would love to be wrong.

35 minutes ago, GooeyChewie said:

Honest answer?  She’s a visually striking kick-butt young female protagonist.  Those factors combine to make her THE most recognizable face from Rebels, especially amongst people who have never seen the show.  All those factors apply to Ahsoka as well, which is why I said Sabine’s inclusion bodes well for her but not any other TCW character.  Sabine is the exception who proves the rule.

My point has nothing to do with what the developers like.  It has everything to do with what FFG thinks will make money.  I would love to be wrong.

I mean, I think long term if the game keeps doing well we can expect all major characters from both clone wars and rebels to make it in. Sure it may take awhile as some characters and units will be higher priority, but I believe we will get them all one day :).

3 hours ago, XVINC said:

I just logged in to say that if this game had Nute Gunray in it, I'd TOTALLY buy in immediately :D

With Entourage: Droidekas, please FFG.

OK, so there's one vote for ole Nute...

11 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

OK, so there's one vote for ole Nute...

I was under the impression that Gunray will be the second Separatist commander but it seems not many think that.

My first thought was that Padme and Nute would make an excellent choice for second commanders, mirroring the Leia/Veers releases.

But then I realized they don't need to mirror that?

The Clone Wars factions may fall on opposite ends of the corps-cost spectrum, but in a time with thousands of active Jedi, I think it's fair to make part of both factions' identities expensive commanders. Obviously the CIS is more likely to have more options on the cheap end eventually, but with the cost of B1's I think they can afford to just stick with Grievous/Dooku/etc for a bit.