Da_Brown_Bomber

What faction(s) are you playing now?

On 7/18/2019 at 8:47 AM, ficklegreendice said:

B&N had me join the resistance for transport fun! (Also had 3 T-70s from first Ed so...)

Same. My 6 T-70s demanded I convert, even if I don't pay then much. Looking forward to figuring out how best to use "It's the Resistance."

But mostly I play Galactic Empire (read as: TIE strikers). They have a lot of cool stuff, so I've been branching out.

But if I'm not playing TIE strikers, I'm playing First Order. I love the Upsilon and the TIE/sf, and the points drop has made the TIE/fo more fun. Generic First Order is solid. Kylo Ren is my favorite Star Wars character, but I haven't really gotten his X-wing persona to mesh with my play style yet.

All Scum all the time for me :)

(and any podcasters that make fun of mono-faction players can suck my Khiraxz)

Am looking forward to the Nantex though, probably try some bug fighters and droids when those come out though. Seems fun and scummy 😛

On 7/18/2019 at 8:54 AM, clanofwolves said:

I was dragged by mates to be all in on 2.0 First Order, and I consequently have the entire build-out (if one counts TIE/FOs pained with the SF red bands as TIE/SFs, haha) but the FO just don't live up to their awesome looking chassis. Kylo isn't quite the Ace we are looking for... so I am at a loss while gazing into the 2.0 world; cannot find a real hook.

...but I'll always keep trying, and looking for my tea.

With FO, the answer is always more SFs; especially with them dropping in price. The faction is basically "Evil Rebels", so you just build the SFs up like they're X-Wings and just... kind of shoot stuff. There isn't really a lot of bells and whistles with these, so much as they are just good ships at good costs with good dials and action bars. FOs are fun as well; Null with Squad Leader is pretty effective in a four ship list and lot's of the other pilots are worth playing around with.

It's very unfortunate that Kylo isn't as pick up and play as he was in 1.0, but the 2.0 version still has merit; albeit only in very specific two ship lists with Tavson. My friend is basically able to school anyone with Kylo; even aces that move after him (thanks to sense), but in my opinion he feels kind of... obsolete with Jedi running around. I just don't see hardly any reasons to run him instead of an Ani+Obi list instead. 

On 7/19/2019 at 7:22 AM, Jeff Wilder said:

Currently in my play box I have Resistance (Vennie/Zari/Nien, Jess + 3 Reds), Scum (Oberos (Kimogila)/Fenn/Guri, Fenn/Teroch/Guri), Rebel (Rogue x2/Norra (ARC)), and Empire (Inferno).  I'll add a Republic list and a First Order list as soon as I figure out something I know I'll enjoy, even if it loses.

I've added Anakin/Mace/Ric and a Hux Fanatics list to my play box.  Looking forward to trying both ... especially the latter.

I played Resistance and scum in 1.0, when 2.0 was announced, I got rid of Scum and Villainy and embraced Resistance as my only faction. Now I am really tempted by Separatists but because my budget won’t allow me to buy 5+ ships to start at least, I am maintaining just one faction.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:29 AM, ThinkingB said:

With FO, the answer is always more SFs; especially with them dropping in price. The faction is basically "Evil Rebels", so you just build the SFs up like they're X-Wings and just... kind of shoot stuff. There isn't really a lot of bells and whistles with these, so much as they are just good ships at good costs with good dials and action bars. FOs are fun as well; Null with Squad Leader is pretty effective in a four ship list and lot's of the other pilots are worth playing around with.

It's very unfortunate that Kylo isn't as pick up and play as he was in 1.0, but the 2.0 version still has merit; albeit only in very specific two ship lists with Tavson. My friend is basically able to school anyone with Kylo; even aces that move after him (thanks to sense), but in my opinion he feels kind of... obsolete with Jedi running around. I just don't see hardly any reasons to run him instead of an Ani+Obi list instead. 

do you even play the game?

2 hours ago, Jiron said:

Now I am really tempted by Separatists but because my budget won’t allow me to buy 5+ ships to start at least, I am maintaining just one faction.

My immediate reaction was that Separatists are a great faction to start into, now! They’re newer, so they have fewer ships, and the squadron packs are a great value!

...but then I remembered spending twice as much on them as Republic, to fully embrace the swarm aesthetic 😅

When the Nantex comes out, one of those and an Infiltrator along with one SoS would probably be a great start to the faction. I guess any buy-in is gonna be upwards of $100 if you want any options at all, though, so just start slow? But with Resistance likely getting loads (relatively)  of Ep IX options, that might not work for you, and I totally get that. I’m trying to keep up just halfway with 4 factions, and I haven’t even been able to consider the N1, yet. 😔

59 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

But with Resistance likely getting loads (relatively)  of Ep IX options, that might not work for you...

Exactly. I like the aesthetic and background of Separatist ships but don’t really play often enough to justify buying into another faction. Especially when I also buy Rebels for my wife.

39 minutes ago, Jiron said:

Exactly. I like the aesthetic and background of Separatist ships but don’t really play often enough to justify buying into another faction. Especially when I also buy Rebels for my wife.

Oh, that hardly counts as only one faction! 😂

6 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Oh, that hardly counts as only one faction! 😂

Dude, you get it wrong. I don’t play her Rebels, she does that herself. I just buy her ships, Conversion kits and so on so she never finds out how much it costs!!!

On 7/22/2019 at 12:18 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

Too good apparently. I would have loved to run Swarm Tactics on her with Midnight and a bunch of Omegas for an I7 Alpha Strike. But...

RIP Null's talent slot 😢

Kinda had to be done, given Initiative-based pricing.  Null paying Init 0 prices for Squad Leader would be absurd.

10 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Well, till he takes 2 hits anyway.

Still, yeah.

The thing with Squad Leader Null (back when it was legal) is that his ability being turned off barely mattered at all. Coordinate either wants to go dead last, or first up, so Null taking damage was generally just fine as now you had a combination blocker and Coordinate caddie (who was also still drawing fire away from your real ships).

5 hours ago, DR4CO said:

The thing with Squad Leader Null (back when it was legal) is that his ability being turned off barely mattered at all. Coordinate either wants to go dead last, or first up, so Null taking damage was generally just fine as now you had a combination blocker and Coordinate caddie (who was also still drawing fire away from your real ships).

Love to get that combo back. Up Null 10pts and give him back the talent slot!