Da_Brown_Bomber

What faction(s) are you playing now?

I keep playing rebels some, but most of what I enjoy there is Extended only. Might try them in Hyperspace next Wave with the VCX.

Separatists Separatists Separatists ❤️

Looking forwards to trying Resistance again with the new toys, as well as Republic to a slightly lesser degree.

Posted (edited)

Differences between extended and hyperspace availablilty of ships impacts on players faction choices. Certain factions havent been a popular choice in hyperspace. Some players also prefer to play their hyperspace list in extended too so those same under represented factions may be suffering in popularity in both formats?

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

I pretty much just fly Republic, with a smattering of Imperial.

I have, in the last four games, however, flown Resistance, Separatist, Scum, and Rebels, so I'm still getting my six factions in, just, not as often as Republic.

A lot of First Order lately.  The buffs to their fun ships are just too much to pass up, IMHO.

TIE/sf is a good ship, practically any way you want to build it.  Optics? Sure.  Fanatical?  Go for it.  Passive Sensors + Missiles?  Seems good (and potentially scary as ****... 5x Passive Sensors Homing Missiles?  Aces will quake in their boots!).  Heck, why not just use the Gunner?  It'll be one of the most versatile standard medium-fighter Jousters.

I’m trying to make sure all my ships see table time in 2.0, else why have them? So for now, I’m trying to finish up getting all my Scum ships on the table at least once. I got back into X-Wing in April, and Scum was my #1 choice because I loved em in 1.0; I’ve played a bit of some other factions too, but I really want to finish off my Scum. I forget if I’m 2 or 3 lists away from checking them off entirely.

After that, I think I need to fly 1 more Republic list before I can check them off, too; oh the joys of a smaller faction that I haven’t overbought into! Then I’ll either swing through the rest of my FO, or put my Resistance on the board for the first time. Then it’ll be a long, slow, but enjoyable trip through Empire.

But as you can see, I have a collection that is much more in line with how much I wish I was playing, rather than how much I’m actually playing. At least I was smart enough to dump one faction I had ships for in 1.0 (Rebel) and just not get into another (Seps). But I’ve got the rest.

Posted (edited)

Republic, Resistance and Separatists.

Scum and Rebels were the original choices for Second edition but Resistance and Republic scratch that good guy itch and Separatists are far more interesting to me than Scum at this point. 

Sold the Empire and FO.

Edited by Polda

Posted (edited)

Empire mostly

Republic Second

Rebels Third

Some factions are funnier in different modes.  

I prefer Extended over Hyperspace for Empire

I’ve only flown Hyperspace Rebels & Republic

Edited by pakirby

I'm originally an Empire player, but bought into all three factions back when picking up an entire wave was reasonably affordable. Nowadays there's just too many ships for that, and besides, they'll never see table time if I'm to learn to fly any of them reasonably well. I figured I'd put a couple of the factions back on the shelf for now, and focus on a couple:

Empire - My main faction, although I play them less in hyperspace. I'm not a huge fan of swarms, the x1 is just okay, and I struggle to get the Reaper to perform. In extended I can play not only Strikers, but Lambdas, v1s, Defenders and Phantoms.

Republic - My main hyperspace faction. While they could use a decent crew carrier (and some crew, I guess), they have solid jousters (ARC), mainline fighters (7B), tough filler (Torrent) and fun flankers (Aethersprite and Starfighter), and their neither reliant on I5-6 aces nor swarm tactics to win.

First Order - Bit of an underdog maybe? With the points reductions though I think the TIE/fo has potential (finally putting El Presidente back on the table!), and the TIE/sf looks like a real powerhouse right now. The Silencer maybe less so, but perhaps I could replace it with the upcoming SF Interceptor.

I dabble in Rebels once in a while (Blount, Garven, Sabine, Jake, Gavin, etc.) and enjoy playing StarVipers, so I'm not entirely retiring those factions yet. Taking a break from Resistance and haven't bought into Separatists.

I am forever trying to make RZ-1 A-Wings work, and I definitely main Rebels because of that.  And because of (Spinning!) B-Wings.  And because of X-Wings finally being good.  And because of HWKs.  I don’t think I’ve made a 2.0 list that doesn’t include at least one of those ships.

I also dabble Empire, Scum, Resistance, and Republic.

I traded my somewhat limited FO collection for two Mining Guild TIEs.

Posted (edited)

I'm becoming somewhat narrowly focussed and I can't quite determine why. Certainly conversion kits are a factor... 

Kind of an Empire fan boy so all in there. Then bought a kit and expanded my Scum collection, loving them. Rebels, FO, Resistance, CIS, I either find a bit dull or it's an expense too far.

Bought into Republic but for some reason, they just don't enthuse me and I'm struggling to come up with lists that light the fire. Kinda waiting for the Y Wing, to see if that helps. I do like the ARC a lot and Jedi are fun, but I've found it tricky to nail that combo down. I don't particularly like jousting or bidding high for easy I5/I6 arc dodging, which doesn't seem to leave a lot.

The boy insists on a Republic list for our upcoming HS store tourney, honestly, I don't know what to do with it. Not a fan of flying beef. 119pt Anakin is a temptation :D

Empire in Hyperspace is not my favourite place, but handily, I'm a big fan of Firesprays, Fangs and Vipers, so mainly Scum for me there.

My problem is perhaps that I'm focussing my play style down certain specific avenues. Plus game time and expense ofc.

Edited by Cuz05