Sign in to follow this  
xero989

Armada Monday Minutia, The Big questions I have about RitR

56 minutes ago, slasher956 said:

How are they going to stop a player having both Lando & Han both flying the falcon in the same list

The easiest way would be to include an errataed Han card in RitR.

Does anyone use Han anyway?! 😁

Couldn't they put a dot next to both the pilot name and the ship name? The Falcon would be the only ship name needing a dot. I think this would solve all problems, am I missing a special case?

4 minutes ago, bleezy said:

Couldn't they put a dot next to both the pilot name and the ship name? The Falcon would be the only ship name needing a dot. I think this would solve all problems, am I missing a special case?

You'd have to dot Both Han and Lando, and going back and re-doing Han that way is itself a problem.

Dotting just Lando's Millenium Falcon doesn't help, as running both of them, you've still only got one Unique-limited one on the field.

13 hours ago, thestag said:

After they introduce time travel in ep. IX, it won't be a problem any more. 😋

Time travel in the movie will not fix it. Only time travel in real could do.

1 minute ago, richarDISNEY said:

The unique limited...   Is it per named pilot or per named ship?  I cannot remember...

Unique basically says "You cannot have more than 1 component that has the same name proceeded with a dot, regardless of what type of component that is."

Which means you can't have 2 Lando Calrissians, because that's unique, and is available as both a Squadron and an Upgrade Card.

But even if they slapped a unique on Lando's "Millenium Falcon", you'd be legal taking both, because Han's doesn't have one, and Lando is One.

3 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

But even if they slapped a unique on Lando's "Millenium Falcon", you'd be legal taking both, because Han's doesn't have one, and Lando is One.

Are you saying we'll be seeing some... Hando action?

13 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

My stance has forever been "Unless they're willing to Errata or write a new Rule".

If I understood correctly they said something about that in the stream, that there will be a limit for those ship titles. I assume there will be an errata to the rules

32 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

If I understood correctly they said something about that in the stream, that there will be a limit for those ship titles. I assume there will be an errata to the rules

Which I will no doubt be perfectly happy with.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:19 PM, Drasnighta said:

Unique basically says "You cannot have more than 1 component that has the same name proceeded with a dot, regardless of what type of component that is."

Which means you can't have 2 Lando Calrissians, because that's unique, and is available as both a Squadron and an Upgrade Card.

That is what I was thinking... 

Thank you for verifying it.

But they did already say what that new rule would be. No need for waiting.

I am paraphrasing but the rule was something along the lines of: 

"You can't have more than one squadron with the same italisised(?) (italic) model name (or ship name)"

So since "Millennium Falcon" is italic on the squadron card of Han Solo you can't have any other squadron with the italic ship name "Millennium Falcon".

Edited by LordCola