sthej

Imperial x1 List

I thought about running a 4 x1 list with named pilots. Then i found out i only have 3 x1s. So I thought I'd share what I came I with. Suggestions? Night beast is optional. Bids in my area run pretty deep (at least pre pts change)

(67) Darth Vader [TIE Advanced x1]
(6) Afterburners
(2) Fire-Control System

(46) Maarek Stele [TIE Advanced x1]
(2) Fire-Control System

(42) Zertik Strom [TIE Advanced x1]
(2) Fire-Control System

(26) "Night Beast" [TIE/ln Fighter]

Total points: 193

Thoughts:

• Night Beast is...okay.  He's cheap and, so long as he can stick to blue moves, tough. I'm assuming he's playing blocker.
  • Vader is okay, but finding 3 points for Hate gives him a huge amount of effectiveness.
  • Zertik is good, but I'd rather use him with ships other than x1 advanced - advanced targeting computer means a pretty big proportion of the damage cards will already be face-up.

7 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Thoughts:

• Night Beast is...okay.  He's cheap and, so long as he can stick to blue moves, tough. I'm assuming he's playing blocker.
  • Vader is okay, but finding 3 points for Hate gives him a huge amount of effectiveness.
  • Zertik is good, but I'd rather use him with ships other than x1 advanced - advanced targeting computer means a pretty big proportion of the damage cards will already be face-up.

For th most part I agree with my boy Magnus. Specifically I'd swap night beast for Seyn with marksman for an efficient way to push damage. Personally with how many times I have flown Vader I  can take or leave hate, if u have the points do it. I'm interested to see angled deflectors on Vader, having a reinforce added to the action economy intrigues me.

I was thinking strom could* be really nice with Maarek, since Maarek has an ok probability to pull Direct Hit. Then Strom would have a decent chance to re-flip it. 

I like the Seyn idea.

Honestly, my biggest apprehension is maneuverability. I find the x1 really annoying to fly. I'm not 100% sure why, it just feels like it takes forever to turn around and be effective for another pass.

If you go 2 X1 aces and 2 ln aces, you can get some real potent shenanigans. Vader and Maarek with FCS and AB, plus Marksmanship on Maarek, then Scourge Skutu with Predator and Mauler Mithel. All I5+, plenty of dice to roll

52 minutes ago, sthej said:

I find the x1 really annoying to fly. I'm not 100% sure why, it just feels like it takes forever to turn around and be effective for another pass.

It's an expensive option, but you can equip advanced sensors. Being able to target lock then talon roll is quite impressive with the right pilot.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:40 PM, Magnus Grendel said:

It's an expensive option, but you can equip advanced sensors. Being able to target lock then talon roll is quite impressive with the right pilot.

A coordinating shuttle is also an option. Vader, Maarek and palp on limusine seems prety solid to me

14 minutes ago, DexterV said:

A coordinating shuttle is also an option. Vader, Maarek and palp on limusine seems prety solid to me

Vader/Stele/Palp (190)
Darth Vader — TIE Advanced x1	67
Hate	3
Fire-Control System	2
Afterburners	6
Ship Total: 78
Half Points: 39 Threshold: 3

Maarek Stele — TIE Advanced x1	46
Crack Shot	1
Fire-Control System	2
Ship Total: 49
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 3

Colonel Jendon — Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle	46
Collision Detector	6
Jamming Beam	0
Emperor Palpatine	11
Ship Total: 63
Half Points: 32 Threshold: 5

This is my standard Vader, Stele and Palp/Jendon build. You have 10 points to do whatever you want, since having Jendon + Palp mitigates the biggest problem with Stele (choosing between a token and a lock). You can swap out upgrades as you see fit as there's 30 points you can play with if you run them all naked w/Palp.

If you're running up against a lot of ordnance or locking ships you can swap Jendon for Kagi to strip locks from the x1's and mess up target priority.

Edited by impspy