Knoxv

Make Dash great again!

Flew a Dash this weekend.  Heck, it was Miranda/Dash, just for the sheer joy of "irrelevant" ships.

• Dash (Trick Shot, Outrider, Maul, Ezra Bridger, Shield Upgrade) 148
  • Miranda Doni (Jyn Erso, Bomblet Generator, Delayed Fuses) 51

Outrider is pretty decent at clearing stress from Maul, but I wound up barrel rolling a lot, so probably didn't use Maul as much as maybe I could have, and Kanan might have been better (no doubt clearing stress on a 3-bank or 3-hard would be really handy in the open board), or swapping both Maul and Ezra for Luke Gunner (only 1 fewer force charge, but that arc rotation could be game-changing in some matchups).  As much as anything, it's just the realization that the Force is really good.

Miranda felt like a really competent ship for her cost.  Her pilot ability to regain a shield plus an Evade token from Jyn meant she kind of shrugs off the first two damage each turn, so it's not easy to make progress into killing her.

I'm sure it's not a list to win big events.  But I feel like, the way to fly Dash these days is For The Memes.

//

Anyhow, bonus Leebo Build Idea:

• Leebo (no upgrades) 88
  • Dutch Vander (Swarm Tactics, Plasma Torpedoes) 52
  • Fenn Rau (Swarm Tactics) 57
    • Wiggle Room: 3 points (Dorsal Turret for Dutch?)

The premise is to try to put as big a dent into someone as possible on the first round of combat, then use Leebo with his fairly efficient permanent Calculate to circle the field and try to clean up after the initial burst.  On the approach, Leebo calculates, Dutch focuses, and Fenn Rau coordinates a Lock to Dutch at Init 6.  Then everyone shoots at Init 6, due to the Swarm Tactics daisy chain.

Flew this list yesterday, it's good enough to kill mini swarm tie + Kylo.

HWK-290 Light Freighter - •Roark Garnet - 59
    •Roark Garnet - Good-Hearted Smuggler (41)
        •Moldy Crow (18)

YT-2400 Light Freighter - •Dash Rendar - 138
    •Dash Rendar - Hotshot Mercenary (98)
        Trick Shot (4)
        Perceptive Copilot (8)
        •Outrider (14)
        •Han Solo (14)

Total: 197/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

This list hits hard if you can get two obstructed targets. Not too hard with plenty of debris obstacles. Use the U-wing as a buffer for distance and extra defense die. Coordinate the 2X focus and barrel roll for better position. 

YT-2400 Light Freighter - •Dash Rendar - 138
    •Dash Rendar - Hotshot Mercenary (98)
        Trick Shot (4)
        Perceptive Copilot (8)
        •Outrider (14)
        •Bistan (14)

UT-60D U-wing - •Cassian Andor - 62
    •Cassian Andor - Raised by the Rebellion (51)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Tactical Officer (6)
        •Lando Calrissian (2)
        Tactical Scrambler (2)
        Pivot Wing (Open) (0)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Edited by TranslerBDC

I think points drops will help, as I think the biggest problem with the YT-2400 is fitting in 2 other ships that provide 3 attacks per round. I definitely don't want to enable a pure efficency list through Wild Space Fringer being too cheap, but I think at least a combined 25-30 points needs to come off the chassis & Outrider. At least that enables Bistan/Perceptive Co-Pilot and Kanan/Ezra/Maul builds in 3 ship lists.

After that, I still think the YT-2400 might need some extra help. FFG could give it a Sensor slot, which would enable using FCS or Passive Sensors. And/or a new illicit card for large/medium ships to grant either the SLAM action, grant a Black One-like limited SLAM, or an Afterburners-like limited charge count Boost?

Luke Skywalker (62)
Precognitive Reflexes (10)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Dash Rendar (98)
Trick Shot (4)
Kanan Jarrus (12)
Outrider (14)
Total: 200

I like kanan over percept copilot, gives dash mods when needing to b-roll, bumped, etc. And if he focuses, he has two mods for offense and defense just like per copilot. Need to always put that big gun to use. Precog Luke makes him tough to kill for end game ship. Outrider is crazy expensive. Might be better to just drop it for r2 on Luke and lonewolf and HSCP or AgileGunner on Dash.

I made this, the ideia is simple : Dash will protect Roark , double tap at i7 , probably u will hit 1 shot without needing to use 1 focus , use it (or if needed all focus) for defense.  Roark will survive , after he have 2 focus u can try to use lando for evades and try to kill some enemies .... if u are lucky and dont have to risk too mutch , try to get bull´  s eye  to use crack shot.

Agentes contrabandistas

(98) Dash Rendar [YT-2400 Light Freighter]
(8) Perceptive Copilot
(14) Bistan
(4) Trick Shot
(14) Outrider

(41) Roark Garnet [HWK-290 Light Freighter]
(2) Lando Calrissian
(1) Crack Shot
(18) Moldy Crow

Total points: 200

It is dangerous to any ace that is not able to scape Dash´  s arc. I use it with gas clouds ... helps a lot on defese , and on attack u will have already 5 red dices XD

2 minutes ago, Roast Porg said:

How do people feel about Dash with Rigged Cargo Chute? Seems like good synergy there. Maybe even x 2 RCC's if flying a Partisan Renegade U-Wing?

I've always loved the idea of it, but haven't always felt it worked.  Seems like every time I dropped a Rigged Cargo in 1e on a Trick Shot ship, I never had an obstructed shot afterwards.  Haven't really played it in 2e, but I bet it's probably the same.