Jump to content
Stormtrooper721

getting more imperial officers without buying entire specialist package

Recommended Posts

I want more Imperial Officers to lead my Stormtrooper squads without having to buy 3 unwanted minis for every mini I actually desire. How do I get around this? Just trade with local players? Is there a reliable and trustworthy online miniature trading or selling site for Legion single minis? What do I need to do here? I don't want to pay $25 for each one but I am willing to pay $5 or $10 for each one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re playing at home / club etc just use any model you like and enjoy! 

 

If you’re playing at an FFG event I think swapping out models will be fine, as long as you don’t pick ones that give a clear line of sight advantage (easier to hide). Maybe you should check though. 

The issue might be the unit cards, as usually you need them all in official events (although in reality I don’t think it would be an issue).

 

Else You could possibly split a box with someone who wants the medic droids ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got several 3D prints I use as alternative generic officers.  I use them all the time, and even have run them in a few RPQs.  Thus far, no one has had a problem with them.  How many officers are you looking to run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

I've got several 3D prints I use as alternative generic officers.  I use them all the time, and even have run them in a few RPQs.  Thus far, no one has had a problem with them.  How many officers are you looking to run?

I already have 10 Stormtrooper squads (because I am building a 1600 point grand army) and I want every squad to have an Imperial Officer because raising their courage to 2 (and thus their panic threshold to 4) and allowing them to remove suppression from nearby units really makes an already excellent unit really shine. I have 2 officers already and want 8 more but I don't want proxies or fake minis. I want tournament legal minis and the official cards to go with them. I just wish I could buy the officers separately but I already checked miniaturemarket.com and am coming to realize that that may not be possible. I'll try trading with local players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stormtrooper721 said:

I already have 10 Stormtrooper squads (because I am building a 1600 point grand army) and I want every squad to have an Imperial Officer because raising their courage to 2 (and thus their panic threshold to 4) and allowing them to remove suppression from nearby units really makes an already excellent unit really shine. I have 2 officers already and want 8 more but I don't want proxies or fake minis. I want tournament legal minis and the official cards to go with them. I just wish I could buy the officers separately but I already checked miniaturemarket.com and am coming to realize that that may not be possible. I'll try trading with local players.  

If no one's selling them separately then that's an opportunity. Buy several boxes, keep the officers and eBay the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer depends on what you're after.

Do you want additional Imperial Officer models because you like the look of the Officer uniform and want them leading all your squads, or do you want them because you need a game piece to represent those rules? If the former, see above. If the latter - just use the ones that come with the squad. Paint the pauldron orange(officer) or white(NCO), ipso presto wotsit there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you shop around you can find the specialist box for about $15. I would recommend buy 1, sell the excess, use the funds to buy the second and repeat until it stops working. Otherwise I would just check Bartertown and Ebay. There are people who sell the components, but I am not sure it is worth the price for this kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 3:15 AM, Dave Grant said:

The issue might be the unit cards, as usually you need them all in official events (although in reality I don’t think it would be an issue).

Yes it would.
Proxies are never allowed at a supported organized play event, ever. 

And if my opponent tried to put a proxy card down I'd be calling for a TO right away. 
I wouldn't mess with them for a proxy model, I don't care much about that, unless its egregious, but cards are mandatory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, allistorpreist said:

If you shop around you can find the specialist box for about $15. I would recommend buy 1, sell the excess, use the funds to buy the second and repeat until it stops working. Otherwise I would just check Bartertown and Ebay. There are people who sell the components, but I am not sure it is worth the price for this kit. 

Or keep those comm officers..   enough with Comms jammer will ruin a Separatists’ day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...