Sign in to follow this  
Felswrath

A Shadow in the East is on the Boat!!!

I had a quick look at which racial traits are underrepresented and found out, that we are missing quite some Bree, Corsair, Isengard and Wose characters. Maybe we will get some new ones with Isengard having the best chances. And I am still waiting for a Gwaihir hero.

4 hours ago, Onidsen said:

This last cycle pretty much created the Woodmen, Beorning, and Dale decks out of nothing, while also significantly boosting Dwarf mining, Hobbits, and Silvans. I wouldn't mind if, instead of creating new archetypes, this cycle was more like the Haradrim cycle, with scattered support for a wide variety of archetypes. I'd like to see cards that can boost the value of the hero Ents - especially Quickbeam. New cards to boost Dunedain decks wouldn't be bad either - especially cards to support various other dunedain archetypes that feel half-completed at the moment (the Dunedain Scout/location control deck, for example, or the Hobbit/Ranger synergy). I'd also like to see some sort of fix for Rohan - maybe some combination of a few more allies that gain benefits from Rohan allies being discarded (card draw, please!), and maybe an attachment to give a hero a resource when an ally is discarded.

A little bit more Gondor support wouldn't be bad - we could use a 3-wp Gondor hero. Finally, I'm actually hoping to see Elena ported from Journeys in Middle-earth to this game, and some development of the Minstrel trait.

I see your point and probably you are right. We have many archetype needing more support.

Still some mechanic are missing that could benefits from/fuel a new archetype to enter the game: e.g. taking benefits from enemies being in the staging area, some treachery interaction, surge keyword built as a drawback in very powerful player cards, etc...

It's already available here in the Netherlands. Looks like I will have something to do this weekend while everyone else is at GenCon. Really looking forward to those 3 new quests, hope that the second one is a bit more like Steward's Fear, with the city and crime themes. Also pretty hyped for the player cards, Smeagol opens up some interesting design options, while the Fellowship contract breaks the traditional mould of the deckbuilding process in many cases. Looking forward with what mechanic the other contracts might break. Hero limits? Threat elimination levels? Hand size? Deck size? Card restrictions? Everything is on the table here

4 hours ago, Durins_Father said:

It's already available here in the Netherlands. Looks like I will have something to do this weekend while everyone else is at GenCon. Really looking forward to those 3 new quests, hope that the second one is a bit more like Steward's Fear, with the city and crime themes. Also pretty hyped for the player cards, Smeagol opens up some interesting design options, while the Fellowship contract breaks the traditional mould of the deckbuilding process in many cases. Looking forward with what mechanic the other contracts might break. Hero limits? Threat elimination levels? Hand size? Deck size? Card restrictions? Everything is on the table here

Hi mate! Can u link me online shops with shipping availability in EU?

33 minutes ago, aliprandifabio said:

Hi mate! Can u link me online shops with shipping availability in EU?

I had this sheet created a few months back where people can add their stores to the list where products are available. You can check that for stores. If some don't ship to your country, you can try to get someone in the country of origin to buy it for you and then ship it to your address. 

Here's the sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jEB-tGlr21kKTt7QnffQ8kdxbdNVabZgZqgKf50bRwE/edit?usp=sharing
Feel free to update it with things in stock in your area. It hasn't been updated in a while, but it can't all be sold out.

Amazon (both British and German versions of the site) also tends to ship to many EU countries and has some stock here and there. 

I won't be getting my copy till Saturday when I'll be teaching a friend. Do any of the scenarios seem like they could work as intro scenarios, or are they pretty rough?

My copy was dispatched yesterday so hopefully might arrive tomorrow. Was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting more of a delay for them to reach the UK as I've been waiting for some reprints for an age. But it's going to be good to collect a cycle as it comes out.