Sign in to follow this  
Felswrath

A Shadow in the East is on the Boat!!!

I can’t seem to find it now; but I thought that I had read FFG was going to be offering promos with LotR LCG pre-orders now or in the future?

I’ve already pre-ordered this through FFG. Is FFG including and promos for pre-ordering A Shadow in the East?

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, player3351457 said:

So about 6 weeks to get to stores, 2 more weeks to get to front door? Based on past experience. Unless it's been on the boat a while without an update.

It went to On the Boat yesterday.

2 hours ago, Felswrath said:

It went to On the Boat yesterday.

I meant if it's been in that status behind the scenes and they just now put it up to that status. They skipped "at the printer" altogether which makes me believe that it truly was up to proper speed.

On 7/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, Ywingscum said:

Surprising this will be out Aug 1?  Now it’s coming too fast haha

I know almost all the packs I'm looking for are either shipping or on the boat. I'll have to wait till a further reprinting because there's no way I can afford these all now!

Posted (edited)

Shadow on the East is on the PDF that my FLGS gets as coming out on the 1st in the UK (at the entirely wrong time of the month for my finances).

Edited by silverthorn

Just got my notification that my pre-order from FFG is shipping now! 

Woohoo!

Seems like this has gotta be one of the fastest turn-arounds between cycles that we've seen. Also, for me personally, this will be the first time I've been able to play a cycle as it is releasing since Angmar Awakened...Double woohoo! 

14 hours ago, Trialus said:

Just got my notification that my pre-order from FFG is shipping now! 

Woohoo!

Seems like this has gotta be one of the fastest turn-arounds between cycles that we've seen. Also, for me personally, this will be the first time I've been able to play a cycle as it is releasing since Angmar Awakened...Double woohoo! 

Yes I feel the same way! I came into the game during the Haradrim Cycle, but didn't start collecting the Ered Mithrin Cycle till Ghost of Framsburg.

Posted (edited)

Two attachments (ring and put off pursuit)... interesting. Severe lack of spirit & tactics in this expansion...

I like them both though. One plays off the woodman/location clearing trait pretty well.

Edited by player3351457
Tactics too

2 hours ago, dalestephenson said:

Good to see another card for the woodmen.

And a very good one too. 5 benefits in 1 low cost card. Questing free with haldan, drawing 1 card when explored,  removing 1 enemy from the staging area, ensuring a new location enters play fueling the location attachment archetype, and avoiding nasty when reveals effect on the location put into play. Plus any added benefits from the effect of discarding enemies and treacheries.

Combo well with woodman path too double draws offsetting the quest point buff.

By the way, I wonder on which archetype this cycle will focus on and if we will get a brand new one or not.

I assume creatures/eagles will be expanded but I'm not sure for sure how far. 

This time the deluxe box gives no hint of any new archetype (I'm not considering contracts and master card of course).

In the past we got brand new archetypes introduced directly in AP's out of nowhere (outlands, hard, silvans)

I'm curious. 

This last cycle pretty much created the Woodmen, Beorning, and Dale decks out of nothing, while also significantly boosting Dwarf mining, Hobbits, and Silvans. I wouldn't mind if, instead of creating new archetypes, this cycle was more like the Haradrim cycle, with scattered support for a wide variety of archetypes. I'd like to see cards that can boost the value of the hero Ents - especially Quickbeam. New cards to boost Dunedain decks wouldn't be bad either - especially cards to support various other dunedain archetypes that feel half-completed at the moment (the Dunedain Scout/location control deck, for example, or the Hobbit/Ranger synergy). I'd also like to see some sort of fix for Rohan - maybe some combination of a few more allies that gain benefits from Rohan allies being discarded (card draw, please!), and maybe an attachment to give a hero a resource when an ally is discarded.

A little bit more Gondor support wouldn't be bad - we could use a 3-wp Gondor hero. Finally, I'm actually hoping to see Elena ported from Journeys in Middle-earth to this game, and some development of the Minstrel trait.

51 minutes ago, Onidsen said:

This last cycle pretty much created the Woodmen, Beorning, and Dale decks out of nothing, while also significantly boosting Dwarf mining, Hobbits, and Silvans.

Quoted for truth. I want to take a moment, just before the new stuff starts to hit, to commend Caleb and everyone else involved in the development of last cycle's player cards—doing all of the above in a single set of releases is really impressive in this already quite mature game.