Sign in to follow this  
Gadgetron

Black squadron original members

I mean... they are just names. They don’t really have stories, even in Legends. I definitely don’t begrudge anyone their favorites, we all approach SW in our own way. Just curious why the attachment to these characters? 

1 hour ago, Arschbombe said:

Because they were part of 1.0 and we formed our attachment to them in game play, not just Black Squadron but Obsidian as well. Poor Gundark....

I get that for sure! 

I love how certain pilots like Whisper have these larger than life legends in X-wing even though they haven’t shown up in stories. 

20 hours ago, GuacCousteau said:

You can always do what I do and just pretend...

FC7Wdna.jpg

PDPD1am.jpg

I'd put those guys at 29 points and 27 points respectively. Backstabber with a talent slot, Dark Curse without. 

Dark Curse was my favorite TIE in 1st edition. Incredibly annoying and hard to kill for a chassis that normally dies so fast and makes an excellent blocker, distraction, or sniper.

Unfortunately, it seems Iden was supposed to take his place in some sense. She's also way overcosted for a ship that basically just exists to make Howl better. If she donated some of her points (5ish?) to Howl, I think we'd see a lot more variety in TIE swarm builds. More expensive Howl also means generics could come down a bit, which would be a welcome change (absent Howlrunner, Vultures just put the TIE/ln to shame in terms of efficiency).

Whilst I also have this bizarre attraction to tie fighter (the best ship ever) pilots that appeared in Yarvin, without any backstory and I didn't even realise were 1337 until I stumbled across a wiki... This game doesn't need more pilots imo, it needs the existing pilots with better internal balance first. (I've said this before but; black squadron and scourge down 1, gideon and del up 1)

If I screw the eyes in my head hard enough I can pretend that any 'skillful' tie is really a black squadron member. So I just play Vader plus Mauler, Seyn, Gideon and Del. It's the Yarvin guys, trust me.

On 7/14/2019 at 9:02 AM, WAC47 said:

I mean... they are just names. They don’t really have stories*, even in Legends. I definitely don’t begrudge anyone their favorites, we all approach SW in our own way. Just curious why the attachment to these characters? 

For now.

I mean, I would argue that these types of innocent beginnings are one of the things that makes SW what it is--a growing, living IP set in a galaxy far, far away.

Bossk, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, and IG-88 are just costumes.

Then they got an action figure and needed a name.

Then they got a name and needed a story.

Then the are well known characters in the SW universe, at least to the geeks.

Then they needed to be in this game because how can you have a SW game without all the "famous bounty hunters."

So, given that they exist, people want them.

Lastly, for the Black Squadron pilots, they were not exactly "just made up" recently:

Image result for backstabber swccgImage result for backstabber swccg

*And yes they do.  It's a very very very short story, but see above.  😂

Edited by Darth Meanie

I have it on good authority that Kyle Katarn is new Canon, and that he was one of Poe's mechanics and a backup Black Squadron RZ2 pilot.

Call sign, "Black 11". 

Sometimes, Black 7. 

Hey, I did say, "backup pilot". 

C'mon. 

2 hours ago, Arschbombe said:

Never forget the victims of the cowardly attack at Yavin. Imperial heroes all.

Proudly the First Order holds memorial services every year to celebrate those imperial heroes.

star-wars-the-last-jedi-first-order-resources-1067906-1280x0.thumb.jpeg.861b9fe8973001676e937eb03bf73078.jpeg

l

they'll have to add a newer, larger memorial service for the SK Base victims...

...and the fleet...

...and Snoke....