Sign in to follow this  
heychadwick

What will be out at GenCon?

What do we think will be at GenCon? 

1. EPIC BATTLES - missions, scenarios, and Wings
  2. HUGE SHIP CONVERSION KITS - all you need to bring out the big guns.
  3. Wave 5 - They will start selling at GenCon.

I'm trying to recall what they have said about Wave 5.   The official article says "third quarter 2019".  That is basically July, August, and September.  In the past, they would sell things that weren't going to be on sale until December, so Wave 5 seems like a bad thing.   Then again, maybe they think it would be coolest.

Epic Battles and/or Huge Ship Conversions are probably the better answer.  Do you think we will get BOTH?   Or just one?  If so, which one?

Also, which are you guys most excited about?   It is a tough call, but probably the EPIC BATTLES.  

Wave 5 plus the huge ship and epic would be my guess as well. Wave 5 has a September street date I imagine.

Can’t wait! Well I can, but only because we won’t have points until general release anyway :) 

I'm most excited for Epic. I love that format and have missed it since 2.0 started. Very stoked about Epic Battles. I loved HOtAC and would love to see more stuff like that to break up the monotony of the death match as the preferred format. 

I think it would be cool to see FFG offer some D&D style "adventures" at their 'con and introduce new scenarios (aka modules) via freelance writers who work for FFG. A man can dream...

Random thought: the ability to move multiple ships simultaneously looks really cool, and I wonder if that ability will ever make it into the 200 point Hyperspace/Extended format. Would help swarm players a lot. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Scopes said:

I'm most excited for Epic. I love that format and have missed it since 2.0 started.

OK...this is going to cause a lot of confusion.   Epic in 2.0 is missions and scenarios that may or may not include Huge Ships.     Huge Ships are....the big ships that used to be called "epic" in 1.0.   

So....you are most excited about the Huge Ships?

THAT.....and I ran out of reactions for the day due to everything that I liked yesterday.  😃

Edited by heychadwick

I'm hoping we get some new ship announcements:
Tri-Fighter (CIS)
V-wing (Republic)
Resistance (T-85)
F/O (FO Interceptor)

...and some re-releases:
Kihraxzh (Scum)
TIE Interceptor (Empire)
A-Wing (Rebels) 

I was hoping that they huge ship and epic boxes would be pre-released but with the announcement of 4th quarter release in stores... I won’t hold my breath.

Guess I’ll find out in twenty or so days

1 hour ago, HaranHaste said:

Epic is the format with more than the standard 200 (previously 100 in 1.0) points

Actually, Epic Battles might have 200 pt games and still be Epic.   Epic is now one of the missions or scenarios that are in the Epic Battles box.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, impspy said:

Tri-Fighter (CIS)
V-wing (Republic)
Resistance (T-85)
F/O (FO Interceptor)

...and some re-releases:
Kihraxzh (Scum)
TIE Interceptor (Empire)
A-Wing (Rebels) 

So glad we can field Corran's rerelease in wave 6 using that art from the HST season 2 kit...oh wait. Dang, the whole community says A-wing. I guess that means no E-wing. Sorry, precedence of both the Grand Inky and Hera being featured in both the last kit and the centerpieces of wave 5 rereleases, you were a fluke! :P

Speaking of "E": this is a year old. I was there, Gandalf. I was there 3000 meme cycles ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by player3010587

2 hours ago, heychadwick said:

OK...this is going to cause a lot of confusion.   Epic in 2.0 is missions and scenarios that may or may not include Huge Ships.     Huge Ships are....the big ships that used to be called "epic" in 1.0.   

So....you are most excited about the Huge Ships?

THAT.....and I ran out of reactions for the day due to everything that I liked yesterday.  😃

I'm excited for all of it. The missions, the Huge Ships, the scenarios...cannot wait!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, heychadwick said:

Yeah, but I hope that's not all.   To be honest, I don't know if I'm going to get anything out of Wave 5. 

Kind of feel the same. I'll probably get just one Y-Wing for the Republic, but other than that I think I'll pass. Here's hoping there's a secret FO inclusion in there.

Definitely most excited for Epic. My kitchen table friends tend to play flat-out 500-pt games (really 300 because they still play 1st edition but they're in the process of converting) and I never wanted to before. THIS changes all of that though. Wing squads, objectives, and some huge ships could make it so much fun. Guaranteeing that your Vader won't get focus-fired and totally shot down is just such an exciting idea. SR Vader plus 5 academy pilots clocks in at just under half your list and probably packs quite a punch.

And then you're all but guaranteeing SUPERNATURAL VADER makes it to the endgame and can easily solo what's left of the squad. Pair with a Raider, a bomber wing, or some TIE Defenders for maximum threat.

Actually, you can fit 3 delta defenders and a Sloane Sai shuttle with Advanced Sensors. SWEET! So you can try to take Vader out, but you'll only be killing his TIEs. And as they die, you'll be double-stressing yourself and giving them re-rolls. Or you can go for the shuttle and let Vader's squad hammer you to death. Meanwhile the Defenders will just wreck your life. SO many options that 500pts opens up.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

2 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I'd be surprised if 2.0 Epic will be on sale, as that would basically spoil all the cards already.

I'm almost certain Wave 5 will be available, and we'll get the Wave 6 and card pack announcements.

I feel like all the epic stuff will be spoiled fairly soon either way. October seems like the expectation for the release (just in time for Worlds and Coruscant), so it only leaves3 months either way. Maybe I'm wrong, but GenCon early releases are often a 2-3 month lead so I wouldn't be dreadfully surprised. It was like that with 2.0 last year.

That said, I'm probably most excited about the in-flight report and CARD PACKS! As an Imp primary and Rebel secondary I've been wanting new material for so long! It's just beyond reach now so my appetite needs to be whetted! I must see what's coming next!

16 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Kind of feel the same. I'll probably get just one Y-Wing for the Republic, but other than that I think I'll pass. Here's hoping there's a secret FO inclusion in there.

Yeah, most of it isn't anything new.  I am not really interested in the Bug ship.  I mean, maybe if I bought 4 for a thematic squad, but I just don't like the idea of adding in one bug to a general list.  It's like...what the **** is that guy doing with these droids?  

4 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

I'd be surprised if 2.0 Epic will be on sale, as that would basically spoil all the cards already.

I'm almost certain Wave 5 will be available, and we'll get the Wave 6 and card pack announcements.

They did it before.   Why not now?  God, I hope it's more than Wave 5.  I might not buy anything this year.

2 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

It's like...what the **** is that guy doing with these droids?

That's exactly my feeling until Seppies get more options. It's one major thing holding me out of Separatists for now (Republic ended up winning out for now - I'm a sucker for uniformity).

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

That's exactly my feeling until Seppies get more options. It's one major thing holding me out of Separatists for now (Republic ended up winning out for now - I'm a sucker for uniformity).

Actually, having all Droids is what got me into Separatists!  I didn't bother buying the big Sith ship as i just don't like big ships.  I have been flying 8 Vultures around, but now have to come up with a list that has Hyenas.  It's harder once you get used to so many Vultures.  I haven't really settled on a good list yet.   

Yeah, no matter what, I just don't see a bug ship fitting in with a Separatist list at all, unless I had a bunch of them.  I can see in Epic doing like 3-4.  

16 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

They did it before.   Why not now?

I don't recall them having any pre sales at gen con for stuff more than a month or two early at most. not 6. when did they do that?

6 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Actually, having all Droids is what got me into Separatists!  I didn't bother buying the big Sith ship as i just don't like big ships.  I have been flying 8 Vultures around, but now have to come up with a list that has Hyenas.  It's harder once you get used to so many Vultures.  I haven't really settled on a good list yet.   

Yeah, no matter what, I just don't see a bug ship fitting in with a Separatist list at all, unless I had a bunch of them.  I can see in Epic doing like 3-4.  

You can get Twenty-Five Vultures with struts in 500 points (not that anyone actually owns that many). Dropping a few for a bug wing and maybe a C-ROCodile could be cool.

I think my favorite thing about separatists is actually the incredible value of the Belbullab. I would definitely fly 5 of those if I had them, in various configurations. Sear with Kraken and 4 autopilots? YES PLEASE!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, PanchoX1 said:

I don't recall them having any pre sales at gen con for stuff more than a month or two early at most. not 6. when did they do that?

It would still only be a 2-month lead. GenCon is early August and they're expected out in early-mid October. Only about a 2-week difference from Wave 1 of 2.0 like they did last year, and there have been larger lead times in the past.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

33 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

It would still only be a 2-month lead. GenCon is early August and they're expected out in early-mid October. Only about a 2-week difference from Wave 1 of 2.0 like they did last year, and there have been larger lead times in the past.

Thanks.  I was just about to post that.

Wave 5 most likely. Would be interesting to see the Epic and huge ship stuff as well but that was only recently announced and is supposed to be a release in Q4 with Wave 6, which we will know more about at Gen Con.

Other FFG stuff might be there, Clone Wars stuff for Legion in particular.

4 hours ago, impspy said:

Tri-Fighter (CIS)
V-wing (Republic)
Resistance (T-85)
F/O (FO Interceptor)

...and some re-releases:
Kihraxzh (Scum)
TIE Interceptor (Empire)
A-Wing (Rebels) 

Really hoping for the F/O Interceptor. The First Order now has the least varied amount of ships in all the factions.