Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

PSA: Are you a Scum player who's interested in Epic?

The 2nd edition C-ROC expansion will retail for $99.95.

A 1st-edition C-ROC has an MSRP of $69.95 (frequently marked down for less, as it was not a popular ship), and includes an extra Scyk model. You can then buy a Huge Ship Conversion kit for $29.95.

This will save yourself both $0.05 and the cost of buying that extra Scyk model. If you don't have them, you can probably find dials, ship tokens and pilot cards from people who have extras from the conversion kits.

1 minute ago, PhantomFO said:

The 2nd edition C-ROC expansion will retail for $99.95.

A 1st-edition C-ROC has an MSRP of $69.95 (frequently marked down for less, as it was not a popular ship), and includes an extra Scyk model. You can then buy a Huge Ship Conversion kit for $29.95.

This will save yourself both $0.05 and the cost of buying that extra Scyk model. If you don't have them, you can probably find dials, ship tokens and pilot cards from people who have extras from the conversion kits.

might pick up the kit if those 3 illicit upgrades are playable in hyperspace & extended... they'd have to be great upgrades tho.

Posted (edited)

The announcement finally made me bite the bullet. I don't play much scum, but the 1.0 C-ROC  is going for a ludicrous £22 in numerous UK-based online stores. Will be getting the conversion kit for my Rebel and Imperial ships, but for £25 posted why not throw in the C-ROC too!

edit: ninja'd!

Edited by rawbean

Do we have any idea if the sculpts are exactly the same for the huge ships? I'm tempted to just pick up a Raider + Conversion Kit (also ~$100) instead of waiting for the eventual Raider rerelease. 

27 minutes ago, wildcrdj said:

Do we have any idea if the sculpts are exactly the same for the huge ships? I'm tempted to just pick up a Raider + Conversion Kit (also ~$100) instead of waiting for the eventual Raider rerelease. 

I’m sure the sculpts will be the same, bit the c-roc, at least, looks like a new paint job. Or so I thought.

28 minutes ago, wildcrdj said:

I find it very unlikely they'd redo the sculpts on those ships. It would probably prove too expensive is my guess. The paint apps may be slightly better, but probably not worth waiting for. 

Yeah the tooling to redo the sculpts would be a significant investment. I'd imagine a new paint scheme wouldn't be beyond possible though. Much of the 2e stuff has a tweaked colour scheme, so ships that would allow that - like the CROC - would be likely to get the same treatment.