Sign in to follow this  
Duciris

Multiplayer!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sithborg said:

Wings are cool, but how do you resolve collisions? 

What everyone's wondering. I'm sure there's a simple solution (it reminds me of Legion's movement "in cohesion" style).

Also is anyone else super excited to see Vader kitted out to DESTROY things and pass all damage off to his wingmen until the endgame comes? UGH I'M SO EXCITED

Even Supernatural Inqy would last long enough. I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

So does the wingman/wing thing mean that Vader does a 1 bank and then the TIE fighters get to do one to stay in formation with him despite not having the maneuver on their dial?

17 minutes ago, Arschbombe said:

So does the wingman/wing thing mean that Vader does a 1 bank and then the TIE fighters get to do one to stay in formation with him despite not having the maneuver on their dial?

if he is the one in the middle.... yes.. until im told otherwise

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

What everyone's wondering. I'm sure there's a simple solution (it reminds me of Legion's movement "in cohesion" style).

Also is anyone else super excited to see Vader kitted out to DESTROY things and pass all damage off to his wingmen until the endgame comes? UGH I'M SO EXCITED

Even Supernatural Inqy would last long enough. I SIMPLY CANNOT WAIT.

The v1 is arguably going to be harder to take down than the x1, because it has access to the Evade action. If Vader's defending against three hits and blanks out, he has nothing else to modify dice with. If the Grand Inquisitor blanks out, he can probaly spend that Evade token to cancel the remaining result.

2 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

So if I'm running a six ship wing centre lead by a /V1 and pull a hard 1, the inside wheel ships literally reverse?

Nifty.

Yup, pretty sure that's how it works.

Nimble little TIEs, they are!

I'm guessing any ships that bump have to go out of formation, so you really want to avoid bumping. Not sure. And do they all fire at your initiative? Seems super strong, especially for Empire which can take three squads of Vader, Soontir, Howl...

Freaking terrifying alpha strikes to be had there.

26 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yup, pretty sure that's how it works.

Nimble little TIEs, they are!

I'm guessing any ships that bump have to go out of formation, so you really want to avoid bumping. Not sure. And do they all fire at your initiative? Seems super strong, especially for Empire which can take three squads of Vader, Soontir, Howl...

Freaking terrifying alpha strikes to be had there.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was move on wing leader initiative, but attack on own initiative, just to combat that problem.

I'm curious how the repositioning would work with wings too. Does the leader move, perform actions including reposition, and then the wing moves up to suit the leader position? Does it cost them an action if the leader boosted/rolled to get there? Thinking particularly about something like a wing of Interceptors where the leader boosts and barrel rolls into position, but everyone else in the wing just lands there and gets to take actions.

34 minutes ago, Kieransi said:

All the cool casual play stuff aside, I'm also super in on highly competitive team tournaments with this format

I'm super excited about the cut throat casual games I will get to play.

7 minutes ago, NakedDex said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was move on wing leader initiative, but attack on own initiative, just to combat that problem.

I'm curious how the repositioning would work with wings too. Does the leader move, perform actions including reposition, and then the wing moves up to suit the leader position? Does it cost them an action if the leader boosted/rolled to get there? Thinking particularly about something like a wing of Interceptors where the leader boosts and barrel rolls into position, but everyone else in the wing just lands there and gets to take actions.

I am thinking all ships shoot on their own Init, just like now.  I see the Wing thing purely as a movement thing.

As they describe it, the main ship moves as it moves and then everyone forms up on him.   Can say it's all the other ships moving not the same maneuver, but moving to end up in formation, if that makes sense.

1 minute ago, heychadwick said:

As they describe it, the main ship moves as it moves and then everyone forms up on him.   Can say it's all the other ships moving not the same maneuver, but moving to end up in formation, if that makes sense.

Yeah, and I'm guessing repositioning isn't allowed. Wouldn't be surprised if they all had to take the same action either (though that would be tricky for Vader's targeting computer...).

Very keen to see the rules.

47 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yeah, and I'm guessing repositioning isn't allowed. Wouldn't be surprised if they all had to take the same action either (though that would be tricky for Vader's targeting computer...).

Very keen to see the rules.

Might be able to reposition.   Not sure, but see it might happen.

6 hours ago, NakedDex said:

So if I'm running a six ship wing centre lead by a /V1 and pull a hard 1, the inside wheel ships literally reverse?

Nifty.

Almost. It pivots actually.  The pictures in this thread show how it looks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wing Leaders were forbidden from doing 1-speed maneuvers while in formation to prevent the obvious weirdness of the ship on the rear inside of the formation drifting sideways as a result of a 1-hard or even 1-bank. So far I haven't seen any examples where a wing leader is doing a 1-speed maneuver (doesn't rule it out but doesn't contradict the idea either).