JJH_BATMAN

2nd Edition Epic Announced!

Remember that EPIC now means Epic Battles, or scenarios that may or may not include HUGE ships.  Huge ships are now what we used to call Epic.

On 7/11/2019 at 2:21 PM, Sasajak said:

I sense a trench run scenario as there is a card for a turret.  😃 

There are already a bunch of them around.  I think we are running 3 different variants at GenCon this year.

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 8:21 PM, Sasajak said:

I sense a trench run scenario as there is a card for a turret.  😃 

That would be awesome! However I would not stoke expectations too high. "Featuring eleven cinematic scenarios—from team games to chaotic, eight-player, free-for-all battles". It is of course nice to have officially mandated rules for official scenarios, as it is easier to get strangers to play together, instead of trying to convince them to play some homecook from someone (even if there are some truely excellent ones in existence!). Also FFG might have official events for Epic battles (would finally be something else supported than just 400/6 deathmatch). Also officially mandated teams instead of the usual 1 vs 1.

However the article is of course full of marketing speech and lingo. One out of the eleven is partly spoiled, the 2-4 player satellite control. That one looks like a rather bland idea (there are plenty of satellite missions out there, it feels like just an update of Dark Whispers back from the first core set, now with up to 4 players), and the satellite placement in the example map is strangely lopsided.

25 dollars is not that much, so not too much lost, if it is boring. But I still really, really hope that the content matches also higher expectations *), because this is the one chance to show the vast majority that there are other fun things to do than just deathmatch (or at max escalation or single furball which you see in competitive x-wing...btw the above mentioned free for all 8 player could just be only an official furball, I hope it is more than that).

*) and has extremely higher level of quality control than lately! Not just the C-Roc blue line desaster, or wrong sized official price templates (remember the cluster mines?) and rulers, but lately even many misprints of complete(!) sheets, movement templates(!) and rulers. And every Belbullab facing the wrong direction. Some badly printed packs could fast kill the attempt, and would quite probably lead to Epic being talked down by some of the partly really loudmouthed and condescent highly competitive pods.

Edited by Managarmr
Spelling

12 hours ago, Kelsier16 said:

My question is, does the conversion kit convert one of each type or two? I’m assuming one but I’m not 100% sure 

Presumably you get dials and ship cards for each faction each ship can fly in. So it can presumably convert 2 of each ship, just not for the same faction at the same time. That's a guess, though.

17 hours ago, Kelsier16 said:

My question is, does the conversion kit convert one of each type or two? I’m assuming one but I’m not 100% sure 

If by type, you mean size... They originally stated it would have the plastic bases for one small and one large "huge" ship. Whether or not that remains true in the box, I haven't checked to confirm.

On 8/16/2019 at 7:42 AM, LagJanson said:

If by type, you mean size... They originally stated it would have the plastic bases for one small and one large "huge" ship. Whether or not that remains true in the box, I haven't checked to confirm.

The bases are the same. There are two different places where the pegs can go in depending how far apart the pegs are but the base size is standardized.