JJH_BATMAN

2nd Edition Epic Announced!

The new rules on Wings are very exciting and will streamline larger games.  TIE/ln swarms without the headache 😂.  I sense a trench run scenario as there is a card for a turret.  😃 

And on top of the the huge ships are back too.  They seem to still have energy (with a nice shield/energy tracking dial) but no energy amounts on their dials... perhaps blue give 3 energy, white 2 energy and red 1 energy.  Also we have stop manoeuvres on them.  Most welcome.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

It's even got a few people at my local store interested in trying out a few epic games!

We did a 600 point Scarif scenario at our FLGS and people loved it.  These rules are going to make such a thing even more appealing.

Edited by Sasajak

Do you think they are done making huge ships? I didn’t expect FO, separatist, resistance, and republic to all use existing models....c-roc for seperatist makes no sense as the seperatists used gozanti.

I feel like this release was a chance to make a new epic for republic(consular cruiser) and a new epic for separatist(trident class assault ship) to make them really stand out rather than having everyone reuse existing models.

Fo and resistance reusing existing models made sense, but clone wars tech is much older designs.

Even better, they made the 5 huge ships available to the 4 new factions. So I don't have to be making conversion kits for all those ships. Which is good because I don't have the set up I did back when I made my Scum GR-75 Conversion kit.

1 hour ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

Do you think they are done making huge ships? I didn’t expect FO, separatist, resistance, and republic to all use existing models....c-roc for seperatist makes no sense as the seperatists used gozanti.

I feel like this release was a chance to make a new epic for republic(consular cruiser) and a new epic for separatist(trident class assault ship) to make them really stand out rather than having everyone reuse existing models.

Fo and resistance reusing existing models made sense, but clone wars tech is much older designs.

I don't think they are done making huge ships (still hoping on a Star Destroyer) but it is nice to get all the factions with something to put on the table. The 7 factions are now starting to come together as whole factions.

3 hours ago, DakkaDakka12 said:

I'm pretty sure they will make huge ships IF this first wave of Epic play/Huge ships sells well.

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 2:22 PM, DakkaDakka12 said:

I would guess no.  Epic in 1st edition was a second thought, like trying to build with left over LEGO pieces.  

Now, it seems like it is made just like all other ships. With thoughts, love, testing and movie watching. 

Edited by Ccwebb
Spelling

On 7/11/2019 at 1:21 PM, Sasajak said:

They seem to still have energy (with a nice shield/energy tracking dial) but no energy amounts on their dials... perhaps blue give 3 energy, white 2 energy and red 1 energy.

I was thinking maybe the ships have default regen of 1 per section (fore and aft as the energy is divided on the dial) but the rear has to spend one for a red and gains one for a blue? IDK

On 7/11/2019 at 4:00 PM, Marinealver said:

still hoping on a Star Destroyer

nevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernever SERIOUSLY

I'd rather see it as an epic mission or 6'x3' game mat. It would be so far off of looking anything like even the sliding scale they use for Epic. If they made a model that was literally 4 feet long then maybe we could consider it. Just the idea of putting a star destroyer on the same scale as a TIE fighter is plain silly, for visual and gameplay reasons.

Now, an Arquitens? I could see that as a possibility as an "extra-huge" or "colossal" sized ship in the distant future. I think that might scratch your itch just as well, but would make a lot more sense in-game.

The ISD is a big ship in ARMADA. If you want to play with ISDs, play Armada.

Seriously, play Armada anyway; it's a cool game and doesn't get enough love.

Just now, ClassicalMoser said:

I was thinking maybe the ships have default regen of 1 per section (fore and aft as the energy is divided on the dial) but the rear has to spend one for a red and gains one for a blue? IDK

nevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernevernever SERIOUSLY

I'd rather see it as an epic mission or 6'x3' game mat. It would be so far off of looking anything like even the sliding scale they use for Epic. If they made a model that was literally 4 feet long then maybe we could consider it. Just the idea of putting a star destroyer on the same scale as a TIE fighter is plain silly, for visual and gameplay reasons.

Now, an Arquitens? I could see that as a possibility as an "extra-huge" or "colossal" sized ship in the distant future. I think that might scratch your itch just as well, but would make a lot more sense in-game.

The ISD is a big ship in ARMADA. If you want to play with ISDs, play Armada.

Seriously, play Armada anyway; it's a cool game and doesn't get enough love.

Never say never

So here’s one thing I’m trying to determine....

The early rumors were one piece epic ship bases, but the promo shots look like 1.0 epic bases with 2.0 cardboard. The kits would allegedly only have 1x plastic base for each size (small huge and large huge).

Is this still a thing? Or was that rumor wrong? Will there be any venue for scoring a second huge ship damage deck if you are loaning out a huge ship to the opponent? (I imagine if you were going crazy and had two huges in your list you’d share a deck like regular damage for a squadron)

29 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

So here’s one thing I’m trying to determine....

The early rumors were one piece epic ship bases, but the promo shots look like 1.0 epic bases with 2.0 cardboard. The kits would allegedly only have 1x plastic base for each size (small huge and large huge).

Is this still a thing? Or was that rumor wrong? Will there be any venue for scoring a second huge ship damage deck if you are loaning out a huge ship to the opponent? (I imagine if you were going crazy and had two huges in your list you’d share a deck like regular damage for a squadron)

The bases are different; someone said the cardboard slides/slots in instead of just sitting on top (and falling out constantly) like in 1.0. They may be connected as a single base underneath, but I'm not sure how that would work mechanically. I guess we'll see.

Additionally, you can see that it's different because there's room for a turret indicator underneath the huge ship peg, which isn't possible with the current bases/pegs.

5 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

The bases are different; someone said the cardboard slides/slots in instead of just sitting on top (and falling out constantly) like in 1.0. They may be connected as a single base underneath, but I'm not sure how that would work mechanically. I guess we'll see.

Additionally, you can see that it's different because there's room for a turret indicator underneath the huge ship peg, which isn't possible with the current bases/pegs.

Unless they make the turret indicators big enough like some aftermarket curled paws ones :)