Jump to content
JJH_BATMAN

EPIC!!!!!!!

Recommended Posts

On 7/11/2019 at 1:37 PM, ficklegreendice said:

honestly, possible the best part

swz57_diagram_1.jpgswz57_diagram_2.jpg

TIME SAVER!

 

unless it's fiddly af. Seems like it'd work much better with 3 ships than 6 (ANH Vader + TIEs, anyone?)

This might get really weird with ships that do banking barrel rolls, the ship on the end of the Sqn will move a huge amount. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AgentoftheEmpire said:

I am curious. Does anyone think Epic will get any OP support/events? I would like it if it did. 

Crazy idea: what if Worlds was always Epic and most other events were standard?

Or if there was a parallel “Epic” track to worlds the way Hyperspace and Extended have parallel tracks, and then Worlds changed from year to year?

Actually that’d be kind of dumb. Still more interesting than 200/6 death matches though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AgentoftheEmpire said:

I am curious. Does anyone think Epic will get any OP support/events? I would like it if it did. 

I doubt it will. It will receive better treatment than it did in 1.0, but I suspect it will always be the side event to the main “standard” event going on.

It may get some OP support at the side events though, so who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I just thought of something, too.  Since the huge ships will now get upgrades like Turrets and Cannons, that means probably the GR-75 Transport will be able to take weapons!  Oh, maybe not a Hardpoint, but at least SOMETHING.   Point defense better than nothing. 

There are no unarmed ships in 2.0 so far (even some that were unarmed in Canon have a 2 red primary in 2.0) so the GR-75 would be a first for this edition if it doesn't have a primary at a minimum. Heck, the C-ROC now has a primary weapon system (a big failing of their implementation of it in 1.0 in my opinion) I doubt the GR-75 won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

There are no unarmed ships in 2.0 so far (even some that were unarmed in Canon have a 2 red primary in 2.0) so the GR-75 would be a first for this edition if it doesn't have a primary at a minimum. Heck, the C-ROC now has a primary weapon system (a big failing of their implementation of it in 1.0 in my opinion) I doubt the GR-75 won't.

I think it's like the HWK. They realized that unarmed ships are worthless in a dogfight (and they want every chassis to be viable naked), so they put a 2-primary on everything that's traditionally unarmored.

Quadjumper? Check.

HWK-290? Check.

Escape craft? Check.

So it makes sense they just did the same with the C-ROC and likely will with the Rebel Transport. Though given the ship ability of the CR90 I think the default range is still 1-3, so it's not like it's that great of an attack anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I doubt it will. It will receive better treatment than it did in 1.0, but I suspect it will always be the side event to the main “standard” event going on.

It may get some OP support at the side events though, so who knows?

There already is an Organized Play Epic event at Worlds 2019.  So, the answer is YES.

OP said they were going to support it, but not said too much how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I think it's like the HWK. They realized that unarmed ships are worthless in a dogfight (and they want every chassis to be viable naked), so they put a 2-primary on everything that's traditionally unarmored.

I find this fairly disappointing.  Yeah, I get it, it's (mostly) a dogfighting game, but I liked that the GR-75 could do things offensively without weapons.

The HWK had the option for secondary weapons, so a low primary was not a deal-breaker.

It's not quite lazy design, but sort of cowardly design (??): we'll make everything easy to use so no one is pissed they can't just fly and shoot out the front.  Especially in Epic, where there is room for so much more, creatively speaking.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I find this fairly disappointing.  Yeah, I get it, it's (mostly) a dogfighting game, but I liked that the GR-75 could do things offensively without weapons.

The HWK had the option for secondary weapons, so a low primary was not a deal-breaker.

It's not quite lazy design, but sort of cowardly design (??): we'll make everything easy to use so no one is pissed they can't just fly and shoot out the front.  Especially in Epic, where there is room for so much more, creatively speaking.

It's probably so that any "random" list that's legal and costs the same number of points will be on reasonably equal footing to another, not screwed over because a certain upgrade didn't get taken (like the turret on the HWK).

I like that YASB 2.0 has this option. SUPER jank lists come out of that (often with unusable combos) but every ship has at least some use, anyway.

Hilarious. I just tried another random squad and got gunner Luke on a generic Y-Wing... with no turret... or torpedoes...

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

It's probably so that any "random" list that's legal and costs the same number of points will be on reasonably equal footing to another, not screwed over because a certain upgrade didn't get taken (like the turret on the HWK).

I like that YASB 2.0 has this option. SUPER jank lists come out of that (often with unusable combos) but every ship has at least some use, anyway.

Hilarious. I just tried another random squad and got gunner Luke on a generic Y-Wing... with no turret... or torpedoes...

Oi, that's lame, IMHO.

For one thing, if you want to "randomize" your list (as in, not pick anything), that's what Quick Builds should be for, so the HWK would never be without the right upgrade.

Secondly, the purist in me says that if a ship without guns gets a 2 die primary then TIE fighters really got screwed because then the are "unarmed."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Secondly, the purist in me says that if a ship without guns gets a 2 die primary then TIE fighters really got screwed because then the are "unarmed."

No I definitely get where you're coming from here. I guess the thought runs that it wouldn't have shown up in a dogfight in the first place unless someone rigged up some kind of gun modification on it.

Regardless I'd personally like to see the Academy Pilot go down more (stupid Howl is holding their price up; increase her instead, FFG!) but I guess that's beside the point.

On the other hand though, does the armament of a TIE fighter make a big difference on a C-ROC Cruiser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darth Meanie said:

It's canon that the cannon protects the ships without cannons.

Image result for hoth ion cannon

It also could be a matter of new players wanting to play without upgrades to get the feel for things.

I've definitely seen someone try that in 1.0 and they tried a HWK... It wasn't pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I’ve got to decide if I want another C-ROC to use two at once or both my factions at once.

 

And I would have loved if the escape craft lost a third or even half its points in exchange for being entirely unable to shoot.  But that would be op, since it rarely shoots anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hmmm, contents says there are only 8 upgrade cards. We know there are probably two of the 2-limited "Dreadnaught Hunter" (probably Resistance only) and then there's the "Agent of the Empire" and "First Order Elite." That only leaves 4 cards between generic wings and any other special or faction-limited options. I'm hoping there are at least 3 generic wings (Vultures and TIE Swarms definitely want these), so does that mean there's only 1 more special wing or upgrade? Or are there only 2 generic wings? That would make me sad...

I know it's crazy cheap; I just don't want to have to buy multiple Epic packs if I don't need to.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...