JJH_BATMAN

EPIC!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Greasypotatoes said:

You're right on the factions, my mistake. But looking at the photo it shows one has a red 5 and the other only goes to 4. Also Red. white and blue maneuvers mean that huge ships can now get stress?

dials.PNG

Or red/blue maneuvers affect energy somehow. Wouldn’t be shocked either way.

2 minutes ago, RookiePilot said:

The Red Zero Bank maneuver is interesting...  how would a template work for that?

Put it next to a certain hash mark and pivot the ship along the bank template?

Posted (edited)

I REALLY like that the energy isn't tied to the maneuvers.

Energy tokens and funky maneuvering was always really weird to me. Even if "stress" means lose an energy and "Blue" means gain an energy that'd be so much simpler.

Also looks like every ship now has a fore and aft section (with a single damage deck), but there's no longer a distinction between smaller and larger huge ships.

Also slightly sad that only Rebels, Empire, and FO have 2 ships. Thought republic would get Gozanti and Resistance would get CR90 (there's one in the Resistance cartoon).

Ah well.

Regarding the turret indicators, maybe they're made to sit halfway down the epic peg? Would be a little wonky, but works. Maybe that's the plan for the Ghost as well? Odd.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

"like small ships, they all use the same set of tools for basic functions such as movement. This kit also contains a plastic huge ship maneuver tool, a huge ship range ruler, two huge ship resource trackers, and a huge ship damage deck that can be used with any huge ship!"

I am most interested in how they are going to do movement. It does say they use the same tools, but that it also includes a maneuver tool.

2 minutes ago, DailyRich said:

Would it have been significantly more cardboard to have given the regular X-Wing ships those shield/energy counters?  I'd much rather have one of those for each ship than dozens of little tokens.

Except small ships' charges are proprietary. You can't spend a charge from Dengar's ability to fire a Proton Torpedo; that would be super broken.

Nice thing about Huge ships is that this energy mechanic is more flexible; you can mix and match and use it for whatever you want.

3 hours ago, Parakitor said:

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

(Seriously, why isn't there, like, a screaming fan girl emoji?)

What about a screaming fanBOY emoji? 

2 hours ago, Parakitor said:

Oof! C-ROC now $100 MSRP. Guess the First Edition copies on Amazon are going to fly off the shelves here pretty quick.

Good thing i bought MY Gozanti cheep.  The store i got it from had it on sale for 45 bucks...

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

Image result for would you like to learn more?

Always liked starship troopers (the first one at least.  The other 2 films were crap..

1 hour ago, dotswarlock said:

2- The shield / energy counter no longer seems to have a distinction between fore or aft and goes in the double digits, yikes!

I was surprised 1e didn't have that sort of counter for energy...

15 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Also slightly sad that only Rebels, Empire, and FO have 2 ships. Thought republic would get Gozanti and Resistance would get CR90 (there's one in the Resistance cartoon).

I wonder if we might see NEW epic ships..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Parakitor said:

I just noticed that the box art shows two CR-90 corvettes battling a Raider-class corvette. Do you think we'll be able to include two CR90's in a squad, unlike First Edition? That sounds...EPIC! Guess we need to wait on points.

Based on visible quick builds, I would... really doubt it. C-ROC quick build is 5 threat and the Raider is 8, and neither seems all that tricked out. I'm guessing the costs will be similar but the power level would have been brought up to par. Notably, the large ships can actually FOCUS now.

Also wondering if the 2x means maybe they can do the same action twice? Curious.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

23 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Did anyone else notice the TURRET?! Looks like an Objective Remote!

ihMNvCv.png

Official Support for Battle of Yavin format WHEN?!

Also the GLORIOUS EMPIRE gets unlimited Veteran Wing Leaders!

TIE swarms will abound!

This is glorious!! I already have sexy 3D 90 degree rotate turrets!!!

3 minutes ago, Jedi Bendu said:

n00b question:

Do you need this set to play Epic?

When I buy the Tantive IV and/or the C-ROC; is that enough? Or is the set below a must?

Thnx!

swz57_box_left.png

You do need this to play epic battles (but it's only $25 and looks amazing).

However, you can field huge ships in a 200-pt game and get a balanced experience, or so they say, though I don't believe they will be supported for standard OP tournaments, so it's not like you can't play with them without getting Epic Battles.

For myself, I plan on getting Epic Battles though I'm not sold on the huge ships (yet...).

5 minutes ago, Jedi Bendu said:

n00b question:

When I buy the Tantive IV and/or the C-ROC; is that enough? Or is the set below a must?

Thnx!

" The largest ships available in X-Wing, huge ships can be used during casual games of X-Wing, and they're also great when used in conjunction with the Epic Battles Multiplayer Expansion. For more information on what that expansion adds to your games, click here!"

Based on this, I'd say it's not necessary, but you'd be missing out on scenarios and wing tools for controlling many ships in a squad. I'm going to buy both.

4 minutes ago, Jedi Bendu said:

n00b question:

Thnx!

swz57_box_left.png

Epic in 1st Edition was playing with the big ships.

Epic in 2nd Edition is playing with the scenarios and missions.  You can use the HUGE ships if you want.  

Huge ships are the very big ships and you can play with them any way you want to.   

The Epic Battles has the rules for the missions, but it also has the rules, cards, and tools for the Flight Wings.

4 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Epic in 1st Edition was playing with the big ships.

Epic in 2nd Edition is playing with the scenarios and missions.  You can use the HUGE ships if you want.  

Huge ships are the very big ships and you can play with them any way you want to.   

The Epic Battles has the rules for the missions, but it also has the rules, cards, and tools for the Flight Wings.

Note that we have the contents for the Huge Ships and conversion kit, but we don't have a content list for Epic Battles. I expect there's a lot more than we see yet.

So excited!

32 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Did anyone else notice the TURRET?! Looks like an Objective Remote!

ihMNvCv.png

Official Support for Battle of Yavin format WHEN?!

Also the GLORIOUS EMPIRE gets unlimited Veteran Wing Leaders!

TIE swarms will abound!

I really wish the restrictions section of that upgrade wasn't blocked. Still I suspect that is a generic wing upgrade available to every faction. Serrisu + 5x Spacers all armed with HLC or Autoblasters looks tasty.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

I really wish the restrictions section of that upgrade wasn't blocked. Still I suspect that is a generic wing upgrade available to every faction. Serrisu + 5x Spacers all armed with HLC or Autoblasters looks tasty.

Good point. I guess the advantage of the FO and Imp leaders is you can use cheaper ships as your wingmen (for Vader, Inqy, Kylo, and... Vonreg?).

Also super curious what the Resistance's 2-limited "Dreadnought H---" leader does. Benefit for attacking or defending from remotes?

Edited by ClassicalMoser

48 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Good point. I guess the advantage of the FO and Imp leaders is you can use cheaper ships as your wingmen (for Vader, Inqy, Kylo, and... Vonreg?).

Also super curious what the Resistance's 2-limited "Dreadnought H---" leader does. Benefit for attacking or defending from remotes?

1. Might not be Resistance only. 

2. Dreadnought H--- looks to be Dreadnought Hunter. Like a wing that specializes in taking down really big targets.