JJH_BATMAN

EPIC!!!!!!!

Every faction gets access to a Huge ship, that's good news.

Now, the CR90 corvette can be flown by the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Republic; the GR-75 medium transport can be used by the Rebel Alliance or the Resistance; the Raider-class corvette and the Gozanti-class cruiser can fight for the Galactic Empire or the First Order; and the C-ROC cruiser can fly for the Separatist Alliance or Scum and Villainy.

Why second edition epic will be so much better now;

1) Legitimate official objectives for new game play, which will help spotlight other pilots who might not have consideration in dogfight 

2) invites new players more easily due to collaborative approach 

3) players can play in factions they don't own because their buddy has the ships 

4) more ships= more star wars thematically 

5) I can fly 6 starvipers in a dancing swarm of death 

“It’s so beautiful!”

This is better than I expected from ffg in terms of epic.

11 scenario box with special rules?

Standardized huge ship damage deck? 

Resource tracker for huge ships instead of pesky tokens that fly everywhere?

Upgrades tied to wing formation with lost building requirements and cool mini synergies?

Yes please! All of it!

I feel like a kid who just got his Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas....

This is absolutely exciting!    This is going to help bring something other than Death Match to the table!  I am not really into 3 Aces with I5-6 circling each other and waiting for the other to mess up.   Or....which ship is the most OP.   I am really excited about this.  

So much to unpack here.  So, first thing I noticed is that you can give the Huge ships COMMANDS, or Command Upgrades. So, that's a new thing. All the other upgrades we have seen before. So, that can be cool.  Not sure exactly what they are like and probably have something like it in Armada.  I am sure it will have things that make the ship more aggressive, defensive, faster, etc..   So many cool things that you can do to customize the ships.  

I also noticed they said several times about electronic warfare to disrupt enemy ships.  Think the Huge ships will have their own version of Jam.  Probably longer than R1.   Maybe even something different and more powerful.   Possibly multiple type stuff.  Very exciting.   The big ships need to be more than just targets.  They need to have multiple actions.  

Huge ships now have a Focus action.   They also seem to have multiple Init scores?   Possibly When it moves and when it fires?  Not sure.  

You see the Huge Ship dials?  Shields and Energy up to 19!?!?!?!?    Now THAT is really cool.    THAT is going to make a huge difference in a game.  They will not be shot off the board in one turn so much anymore.  That is very exciting.  Makes it that Torps are actually needed to take them down.  Probably all about saving the energy to pump back into shields.  

Next, did you notice that the bases have a new section. There is front and rear, but also these weird side areas. Wonder what is up with them.  Probably some sort of extra arc and also a way to make it easier to see which end you are hitting.  Interested to see how the Hardpoints will work.  

I like the Squad Leader upgrade cards. Will the be Talents? Or something else? There are a couple and they add in different things, which is cool. Agent of the Empire lets you add in regular Ties if you are an X1 or V1. Veteran Wing Leader only lets you form up with the same type of ship. So, you can have all Interceptors, or all Kimogilas, etc.  I am sure they will have stuff for all the different factions that will be really cool.   I always liked flying groups of ships in little wings and would often play the large battles like that anyway.  This just codifies and gives abilities to them.    The Wing Leader will also be able to stay alive longer!   You can shunt off hits and crits to 2 other ships in your list.   That is actually pretty cool for flavor as people like Soontir Fel just died in the first turn.   It will also mean the Uniques will be able to stay alive longer to pass on their abilities.  

Right.....Uniques can pass on their abilities!  Quote:

When flying together, pilots can cover each other with valuable fire support and, if your squadron includes limited pilots, their abilities can synergize to benefit the entire squadron.

So.....I haven't even started to think about all the cool abilities that would be neat to pass on to the rest of the Wing.  I mean, I am sure there are people that normally don't even get considered that will probably love to have their ability passed to everyone.   I will have to take some time just thinking of them.   

OK...those are my initial thoughts.

6 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

So.....I haven't even started to think about all the cool abilities that would be neat to pass on to the rest of the Wing.  I mean, I am sure there are people that normally don't even get considered that will probably love to have their ability passed to everyone.   I will have to take some time just thinking of them.   

This might be a reference to pilots like Serissu or Howlrunner, however ;)

13 minutes ago, Parakitor said:

Oof! C-ROC now $100 MSRP. Guess the First Edition copies on Amazon are going to fly off the shelves here pretty quick.

already on Amazon, looking and adding to watch lists