Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Sith Trooper from Rise of Skywalker

3 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

wait, what? SITH trooper? As in, a whole bunch of troops with sith training and force power? 
How come THOSE guys weren't protecting Snooke lol?

You presume too much.

1: That they existed at the time.
2: That they have force powers.
3: That they're not Sith in name only.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know what to think of these guys, given the name. Is Kylo Ren going Sith officially or something, since Rey's gone Jedi? A little disappointing if that's the case.

Unless these are neo palpatine's boys.

6 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

Gonna take a stab that these aren't anything to do with the FO at all, and that Palp's clone or whatever has been hiding a whole Sith splinter cell.

Unfortunately, that's the FO helmet design and not the Empire's.

Given Kylo’s stated objective in his tantrum to destroy the memory of the Sith right along with the Jedi and “all of it”, I find it highly unlikely that the Sith troopers are aligned directly with the FO.

Unless JJ is ignoring episode 8 and subverting Rian Johnson’s expectations, in which case I am all for it.

Posted (edited)

My first thought was Royal Guards 2.0

Palp's post mortem plan set up the creation of the FO. I'm sure if he's been around this whole time, he's probably got access to similar armour designs for his body guards. It is interesting to note that the figurine comes with an assortment of weapons, of which the melee weapons match that of the praetorian guards.

Who knows really, but I personally think "finish what you started" and "let the past die" will mean Kylo destroying both the Sith (including Palp) and the Jedi. Something new on both the lightside and the darkside will rise from the ashes of the past. Or maybe its somewhere in the middle since Kylo and Rey seem to be Yin and Yang. So with that, my thinking this guy is either Palp's or Snoke's man.

Edited by BVRCH

Kylo Ren is a huge Vader fanboy. He keeps Vader's melted helmet and mask around and talks to it. I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't try to lay claim to the mantle of "Lord of the Sith" for himself, now that Snoke's no longer around.

4 hours ago, Freeptop said:

Kylo Ren is a huge Vader fanboy. He keeps Vader's melted helmet and mask around and talks to it. I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't try to lay claim to the mantle of "Lord of the Sith" for himself, now that Snoke's no longer around.

But Snoke wasn't claiming that mantle either.

11 hours ago, Captain Lackwit said:

But Snoke wasn't claiming that mantle either.

I was thinking more in terms of "Snoke's not around to tell him he can't/shouldn't", rather than in terms of Snoke claiming the title for himself.

Given that there really isn't anyone around to tell Kylo what a Sith is or isn't, he's pretty much free to make up whatever he wants it to be at this point, for that matter.

On 7/10/2019 at 7:54 PM, DarthSempai said:

wait, what? SITH trooper? As in, a whole bunch of troops with sith training and force power? 
How come THOSE guys weren't protecting Snooke lol?

Because to sell the toys for Imperial Guard 2.0, all they needed to do was to change the armor a bit. Now to sell the toys for red sequel trooper, they will put in a nostalgic word that triggers pavlovian responses.

This is nothing new to Star Wars. There were retcons even before the prequels used to justify all the variants of different vehicles, tech, and what not because those fascinating designs sold toys.

Heck, rule of cool existed even during the OT in its influence on plot. The decision to not have Luke turn "grey", both the Empire and the Rebellion in mutually-assured shambles, and Han Solo die in Leia's arms in The Return of the Jedi was because maturing the trilogy that was already significantly matured with Empire Strikes Back would push it out of the merchandizable franchise that it was becoming. <Insert obligatory George Lucas quote about not selling dead Han action figures and how he would have ruined Empire if he directed it.>