Sign in to follow this  
Skallagrim

Who Is Mack Martin?

Maybe Im missing something... Who IS Mack Martin? It is a name I am completely unfamiliar with... I did a quick search on P&P and didnt find any credits for him listed.. is he from the wargaming world? is he a "new guy"?

-Skallagrim

i am sparticus martin!

if you followed the podcast on that site for some time he has talked about what it takes to break into the gaming industry.  if anyone can tell you how to break in it would be him i guess now more than ever.  he is a newcomer to the industry but one ive been rooting for.

way better than that sony special about becoming a playtester.  he also went on some podcasts a bit ago to talk about stuff and last year he did a whole thing about his rt game he was running that made me jealous of the players playing in it.  you can find posts by him on other forums about how he likes player centered games and stories where the gm creates stories for the player characters that like comes from their back stories that sort of thing.

I met Mack once a long time ago. He's from somewhere in Cali. I don't know much about him but I do remember that he used to date Mila Kunis back in like 2002 before she was with the home alone dude. He was the one that actually got her into gaming.

Mack Martin is the offspring of Bill Bradski and The Most Interesting Man in the World (Dos Equis guy).

After achieving a 4 year degree in Game Design, he worked briefly as a skip tracer for several retail chains. Unsatisfied with bouncing petty thieves, he traveled from Sacramento, CA to Schaumburg, IL to attend a graphic arts school.

During his time in the Metro Chicago area, he started a podcast called Dice Like Thunder. The first 8 episodes were horrible, being marred by booze and cheap floozies, and he nearly quit until he met Tricky **** and Max the Dog. Starting at episode 9, the trio put out 41 more episodes together. But alas, Mack's schooling was complete and he traveled back to Sacramento to live in his Grandmother's basement. Starting with DLT episode 51 and continuing on the odd numbered podcasts until 77, Mack hosted his show ... from the basement with two other ****** bags ... until he achieved his life plan 7 years early: working in the game design industry for a major company.

Since that day (February-ish 2010) he has worked at FFG as some associate producer or flunky, take your pick.

He speaks fluent Eldar, in Russian.

He's 10 feet tall and shoots thunderbolts out his arse.

Those around him are repulsed yet attracted to his glasses and freakishly black hair.

His goatee hair is so strong that not even Superman can rip it from his chin.

His reputation is expanding faster than the universe.

He is, Mack Martin.

I've met Ross Watson on a couple occasions and he once took half of my cat's hair with him when he left. He would not have given the reigns of Dark Heresy et. al. to a nobody.

Trust in him and he will bring you much role playing pleasure.

Mack Martin is the primarch of the second founding legion of marines, lost in the warp and deleted to make Horus feel like more of a man. He rides in a land raider with 2 land raiders full of storm troopers on his flanks to protect the world from nob biker jokes and to show the world all things awesome.

I heard he was a Squat Overlord that survived with his whole Steadholding in a warp storm and they'll be the next 40k army to mystically re-appear in both a cross platform game AND  their own roleplay game thats fully compatible with DH/RT/DW.

Not only that but his blood is pure Mountain Dew and where ever he stands for more than 30 seconds cheetos appear out of the ground!

It's true! i heard it from a guy who over heard it in the FLGS who once dated that cute girl behind the counter that doesnt play RPGs or wargames but does have a great smile and an understanding nod..

Mack Martin is obviously an agent of Slaanesh in human guise.  Since viewing his picture on the FFG website he has haunted my dreams, his daemonic pheromones drifting over the internet and wafting from my screen. Right now around the country, men are trying to understand their girlfriends' newfound desires to play Dark Heresy.

I have heard tale of his mighty conquests of gamer girls at Gen Con, with of course the most infamous being the Princess Leia menage a six. I have it on good authority that is his hotel room door to the left:

Oh! The debauchery!