Sign in to follow this  
ewardell

Preorder experience

Has anyone preordered Legion through FFG? I usually use my local game store but I’ve had a few issues with them recently and I’m curious about when I’d get a preorder through FFGs web store

2 hours ago, ewardell said:

Has anyone preordered Legion through FFG? I usually use my local game store but I’ve had a few issues with them recently and I’m curious about when I’d get a preorder through FFGs web store

Shipping location probably matters, but I’ve always gotten mine before it was in stores. 

Not to hijack this thread, but what are people's experiences preordering from Miniature Market? Since it's an independent retailer should I expect to get it later than the release date? 

22 hours ago, CaptMook said:

Not to hijack this thread, but what are people's experiences preordering from Miniature Market? Since it's an independent retailer should I expect to get it later than the release date? 

Never ordered FFG from them, preordered some Batman Miniature Game stuff from them though, and got it like a month after release.

26 minutes ago, emsgoof said:

Never ordered FFG from them, preordered some Batman Miniature Game stuff from them though, and got it like a month after release.

Oof. Thanks for the heads-up. Guess I'm going through my FLGS. 

4 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

If you have a FLGS you play at, you should order through them.

If you don’t play at a LGS, if there isn’t a LGS, or if it just isn’t very friendly/doesn’t support your games, feel free to go buy elsewhere online.

That's basically the case at my FLGS. They've only had the core set since release, I imagine I would need a special order to bring in the Clone Wars core set at this point. But the only reason I'm looking elsewhere is because I special ordered Jyn and the Pathfinders to come in to them and they never arrived. But maybe I'll have better luck this time. Haha 

1 hour ago, CaptMook said:

That's basically the case at my FLGS. They've only had the core set since release, I imagine I would need a special order to bring in the Clone Wars core set at this point. But the only reason I'm looking elsewhere is because I special ordered Jyn and the Pathfinders to come in to them and they never arrived. But maybe I'll have better luck this time. Haha 

Honestly? I would not bother if they botched the one special order and did nothing to resolve the issue.

On 7/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, CaptMook said:

This is a case where I support going to online discounters. Like FFG’s Amazon account sells $71 core sets. That’s probably your best bet for a Clone Wars core.