EagleScoutof007

First time TO. Any advice?

So I got word the othe day from my flgs that our OP kit came in. We haven't had any sort of OP in a while since the last TO just stopped play Armada. I kinda stepped up and the store ordered a kit. I thought of starting a league might be easier for player to participate. I'm looking for some ideas and what to do to get started. Any help is appreciated! 😊

Posted (edited)

Whoops!

https://www.youtube.com/SWAEStarwarsarmadaexplained

That should be a useful resource but in terms of ideas, themes are always fun. If you have newer players, something where a newbie and a more experienced player should team up to take on another experienced player. So a 2v1 where the 2 each have 200 points (and a shared commander on one ship) and the 1 has 400 points.

This allows some back and forth explanation about activation order, and ideas about fleet building as well.

Otherwise smaller point games of 300 is good on helping new players to start out, otherwise even doing just 2 rounds instead of 3 for some smaller tournament play might help.

Edited by Karneck

Thanks! I'll have to check out the link at a later time. In the past all we had was tournaments and it was hard for players to commit time due to them being roughly 6-8 hours for a day. At least with a league it'll be easier to set time aside. One of my friends suggested an escalation league which could be fun. Played one in Legion. 

First time bn honestly I'd say run something pretty standard. Make sure you have decent prize support. Have confidence in the game rules and a general idea on how to pair brackets (if you aren't using the TOME system, I'll try to dig up the link later).

Really it's mostly just having a modicum of organizational skill and a good speaking voice.