manoftomorrow010

Grievous! (Also reveals from FFG Live)

Expensive but in an army that can spam troops for cheap not much of an issue, interested to see if his weapon slot will be ranged. Definitely wants to hunt force users over jumping into the fray with troopers. 

1 hour ago, DFocke said:

One of his arm options has a baster. So I'm sure he has the option of a ranged attack.

He's got an upgrade slot for Armament. That's where he'll get his gun.

Could Scale be the ability to climb. He does that in the animated show, a lot.

Wonder if his Armament slot will have two more lightsabers?

Also, wonder if he’ll have equipment upgrades like Sabine had, specifically a tow line?

52 minutes ago, Imperial Citizen said:

Does anyone know what the “scale” keyword is? 

Apparently Scale gives him the effects of Unhindered and Expert Climber, as well as allowing him to make a speed 1 move after climbing.

36 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

Apparently Scale gives him the effects of Unhindered and Expert Climber, as well as allowing him to make a speed 1 move after climbing.

Jump may be good, but since Scale doesn’t use an action (it’s part of the movement action) it may be better. You can Scale twice in one round, but can Jump only once. And moving speed 1 after a climb is bonkers good.

So if Battle droids with heavy and extra trooper are 65 points (35-36 base+6 extra guy+20-23 heavy=65 “conservative”) and Droidekas are 100, you can do a list with 5 battle droids, 3 Droidekas and Grievous (naked) for 800 points. I thought the separatists were going to have lots of points left over.

Posted (edited)

Ok, so Grievous doesn’t have deflect, but he has block. I’m thinking one of his command cards gives him deflection for spinning his sabers around. He also doesn’t have immune pierce, but he does have impervious.

he deals 2 damage average per lightsaber attack (4 if he attacks the same target with both) with pierce 1 and impacts 1 on each. You can expect both hits to go through against white defense and at least 1 against red defense. Against jedi he deals 2.5 per lightsaber attack but pierce doesn’t come into effect.

Edited by Jabby

18 minutes ago, Jabby said:

Ok, so Grievous doesn’t have deflect, but he has block. I’m thinking one of his command cards gives him deflection for spinning his sabers around. He also doesn’t have immune pierce, but he does have impervious 

Luke Eddy said Grievous is able to block, but never deflected or reflected back in the movies, so they designed Grievous without Deflection.

I just want to know if Grievous is effected by Ion like vehicles and droids are?

1 minute ago, JediPartisan said:

Luke Eddy said Grievous is able to block, but never deflected or reflected back in the movies, so they designed Grievous without Deflection.

I just want to know if Grievous is effected by Ion like vehicles and droids are?

In clone wars he deflected bolts quite a lot but it wasn’t very accurate so I’ll accept that I guess (not that I get a choice).

As for ion, he is just a trooper unit so I assume he can’t get ion. It would also seriously nerf him so from a balance perspective it’s probably a bad idea

I think Obi is going to make a better commander (Overall), but Grievous is just hands down better in combat, but I guess we’ll have to see what they’re Command cards are like. No doubt we’ll find out Tuesday. 😁

4 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Do you think they are equal, or is one a bit better?0E63CF70-9E9D-4594-998C-566A010C22B3.jpeg.e9441910d61e79dd04811d8265b06a59.jpeg

Kenobi averages somewhere between 3 and 3.75 hits (I’m not smart enough to work out how critical 2 works). So that’s less than grievous. However, Kenobi is immune pierce rather than impervious and kenobi can use deflect in melee.

Just now, Jabby said:

Kenobi averages somewhere between 3 and 3.75 hits (I’m not smart enough to work out how critical 2 works). So that’s less than grievous. However, Kenobi is immune pierce rather than impervious and kenobi can use deflect in melee.

True, but rolling two extra black attack dice and having 8 health is a big deal.