(9) Admiral Sloane
(4) ST-321

(47) Captain Feroph [TIE Reaper]
(6) Death Troopers

(40) "Howlrunner" [TIE/ln Fighter]

(23) Academy Pilot [TIE/ln Fighter]

Total points: 199

Prior to the points change I had Night Beast instead of one Academy, and no title. But with the points change I could get ST-321 on there, and that felt better than Night Beast.

Managed to win a few small local tournaments with it, losing one game only due to Final Salvo against pre nerf Tripsilons.

Edited by millertime059

Has anyone seen/run Vermeil with Palpatine and Angled Deflectors? Clocks in at 66 points. You’d basically be playing a mobile Lambda: trade 3 health for maneuverability, time on target, higher initiative,* and passive mods. 

It might be dumb, but it strikes me as worth trying, at least. I’m still trying to work out who the best wingmen would be. 

*except for Kagi, who always struck me as a meta call. 

Posted (edited)

//edit// EXTENDED

SloaneDoubleReapers

--6 ships at Initiative 1: Sloane, DTs, Wampa+3 Academy Pilots

(41) Scarif Base Pilot [TIE Reaper]
(9) Admiral Sloane
(4) Shield Upgrade

(41) Scarif Base Pilot [TIE Reaper]
(6) Death Troopers

(30) "Wampa" [TIE/ln Fighter]

Total points: 200

Edited by Bucknife

10 minutes ago, pyoinator said:

Sloane is still not hyperspace legal after the points change I don't think. Fine in extended though.

Thankfully for those who do play Hyperspace she isn't this time around (I double checked just to make sure :) ).

Posted (edited)

Do we feel like Reapers suffer from the "ooo, I'm scary! You better kill me first!" syndrome in Empire?

In other words, does the Reaper always seem like BOTH the biggest threat AND the easiest kill from the opponent's perspective? 

If so, what should the Reaper tend to fly with to enhance it's "tactical stealth"?

Edited by Bucknife

Vermeil with Juke and Vader is a very decent use of 70 points as it packs both control and punch, in addition to opening up the way for more Juke attacks. I've been toying with this fairly simple list:

Major Vermeil (49)    
    Juke (7)    
    Darth Vader (14)    

"Duchess" (42)    
    Juke (7)    
    Fifth Brother (9)    

"Whisper" (57)    
    Juke (7)    
    Collision Detector (6)    

Total: 198    

I don't care what people say about the cost; Juke is still a very strong upgrade. It's basically an always-on crack shot if you can find a way to use it right. Vader clears the focus and all three get evade negation plus mods, then an extra evade for defense. Collision Detector can be subbed for anything else, really. I originally had Hotshot Gunner on Whisper until I realized it only works on turret attacks, and now don't totally know how best to use the remaining 8 points.

Posted (edited)

Juke is great, but dependent on how easily you get your evade

So for reapers...ew. they're the ships that spend the LEAST amount of time having an action

Having Vader Vermeil set up juke for others is something I've always enjoyed doing, though. Sadly, pretty limited to the phantom given the price of the Defender. Still, Aileron and Stygiums make for a zany fun list

No one knows where you'll end up, not even you!

Edited by ficklegreendice

Posted (edited)

I'm planning on bringing a Reaper to a local event. It's a doubles event, 300 point limit (limit of 160 points per any one partner so maximum 160/140 split).

Posted in the list section looking for advice, but haven't gotten any responses so thought someone here who's used Reapers might have some advice. I've got my portion of the list down to two options.

Option 1:

Major Vermeil - Vader, Krennic (67)

Countdown - (44)

Pure Sabaac - Crack Shot (45)

Option 2:

Captiain Feroph - Krennic, Cienna Ree (57) *

Countdown - Hull Upgrade (49)

Pure Sabaac - Stealth Device (50)

In both options, I'm planning on putting Optimized Prototype on Countdown, and will be flying alongside my brother's mini tie swarm (3 named ties with Maarek Steele* We could also drop Cienna and add a missile to Maarek?). 

I haven't really used reapers or strikers but wanted to have some fast moving, hard hitting threats that can't be ignored to let my brother's swarm line up a shot or two. I really like the Vader/Vermeil interaction, but I also love Countdown/Hull and Sabaac/Stealth, but can't fit all three in the list. Not sure if keeping everything focused on offense or balancing things with a little more defense is a better option??

Edited by Unit34

I not really a fan of Stealth Device especially with 2 agility ship you can lose it pretty fast and Pure Sabacc will be always focused. Be careful with the ailerons you can easily bump if many ship is on the table. However keep Vermeil/Vader it's a good combo.

Here what I could bring if I participe:

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Empire&d=v8ZhZ160Z183X116W26WWY209X116WWWY210X116WWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

All ship have the same Ps so much easy to move and6 pts left if you want a missile for Maarek

I've been messing about with various Gunboat/Reaper lists recently and I really like that all of the named Reapers seem to be useful. At the moment I'm thinking:

Nu Squadron Pilot (32)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)    
    Advanced SLAM (3)    
    Xg-1 Assault Configuration (0)    
    Ion Cannon (5)    

Nu Squadron Pilot (32)    
    Fire-Control System (2)    
    Adv. Proton Torpedoes (6)    
    Advanced SLAM (3)    
    Xg-1 Assault Configuration (0)    
    Ion Cannon (5)    

Captain Feroph (47)    
    Admiral Sloane (9)    

Academy Pilot (23)    

Academy Pilot (23)    

Total: 198    

That leaves 2 points for either a Talent on Feroph or to upgrade the Academies to Obsidians, which might be useful against I1 droid swarms and I2 Torrent swarms. Or I could drop Feroph to Vizier and take Obsidians so the whole squad is I2. I prefer Feroph, I think, for the extra defensiveness. I think what Reapers really need is some decent cheap crew. At the moment, with 2-4 points left, it's a little annoying that the crew carrying ship doesn't have great options in that area.

10 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

Juke is great, but dependent on how easily you get your evade

So for reapers...ew. they're the ships that spend the LEAST amount of time having an action

Having Vader Vermeil set up juke for others is something I've always enjoyed doing, though. Sadly, pretty limited to the phantom given the price of the Defender. Still, Aileron and Stygiums make for a zany fun list

No one knows where you'll end up, not even you!

It's why I'm tempted to try Vader on Feroph. Saves quite a few points, and if there's no Juke, there is instead a great deal of synergy in keeping Feroph alive - and hence Vader alive - making everyone's life harder for longer, whilst the accompanying fighters rip into tokenless targets.

10 hours ago, Bucknife said:

In other words, does it always seem like BOTH the biggest threat AND the easiest kill? 

If so, what should the Reaper tend to fly with to enhance it's "tactical stealth"?

Basically, not Vermeil. He's brutal, but he's ultimately a low agility ship with an obvious 'big gun' and is fast but with a big turning circle, and not in-your-face crew like Death Troopers or 7th Sister.

Feroph is much harder to kill so fades into the background a bit; Palpatine is great but one force token per turn isn't that devastating. Killing him can be more trouble than it's worth, and Palpatine as ever can play stand-off support (he's probably the best use case for a Scarif Base Pilot - you don't want to get within engagement range of the fight, so the red co-ordinate is irrelevant, and if you're not getting shot at so much then you don't need Feroph's durability boost).

I just won a small tournament with 2 Reapers and Echo. 

https://tabletop.to/jufly-casual

They are definitely hard to fly but for sure not a lost cause either. Their repositioning ability combined with the plethora of great Empire crew available for them make them one of the most versatile fan to play ships in the game. I used to fly Bro-bots in 1.0 and I am surprised by how similar they fly. Its unbelievable how well they can adjust speed and distance if you master turning on and off their ailerons ability. If you went too fast and want to go slow next turn just coordinate an action to a wing mate and go slow next turn. Or aileron bank boost right and 3-bank turn left will fly you around an obstacle really fast  and probably have you arc-dodge half the ships in your opponents alpha attack.        

47 minutes ago, tsondaboy said:

I just won a small tournament with 2 Reapers and Echo. 

https://tabletop.to/jufly-casual

They are definitely hard to fly but for sure not a lost cause either. Their repositioning ability combined with the plethora of great Empire crew available for them make them one of the most versatile fan to play ships in the game. I used to fly Bro-bots in 1.0 and I am surprised by how similar they fly. Its unbelievable how well they can adjust speed and distance if you master turning on and off their ailerons ability. If you went too fast and want to go slow next turn just coordinate an action to a wing mate and go slow next turn. Or aileron bank boost right and 3-bank turn left will fly you around an obstacle really fast  and probably have you arc-dodge half the ships in your opponents alpha attack.        

Was composure just insurance if you missed a jam?

On 7/6/2019 at 7:16 PM, Bucknife said:

The I1 generic Reaper is 41 points ... The same price as the floor B-Wing and the T65, who are both I2 and I2 (or I1 for the Cavern Angel Zealot).

...the Reaper is likely ALREADY at it's lowest reasonable floor (until the devs are willing to let 5 Reapers on the table, which is not likely). 

Is there any viable version of the generic Reaper at 41 points that fits in the Empire?

Four Reapers?

One with Sloane, one with Palp, one with Death Troopers, one with Seventh Sister?

Realistically, it'd be hard to fly swarmishly.  With no white hard turns, and a medium base, it's just going to be kind of awkward.  The probably aren't the worst efficiency jousters, and they've got a lot of speed, but other ships probably just work out better, in the long run.

But like, that's the case with most generics.

6 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Four Reapers? 

One with Sloane, one with Palp, one with Death Troopers, one with Seventh Sister?

Could be fun. I'm not sure about the crew, though. 4 ships doesn't seem enough to justify Sloane, for example - though I guess the interaction with Death Troopers is nice.

Krennic/Tarkin, maybe, for one of them?

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

But like, that's the case with most generics.

:(

Too true. Bigger generic swarms should be more of a thing. Howl should cost more so the Academy Pilot can go down to 21ish. Alpha Interceptors should be closer to 32. I3 generics should only be 2 points more than I1 or 1 point more than I2 in most cases. Generally the gap is much too big. I4 generics should be expensive though, and of course the scaling depends on how maneuverable the platform is or how susceptible it is to getting 1-shot initiative-killed (vultures and Interceptors should pay a tad more per initiative than other platforms).

Edited by ClassicalMoser

I've had a lot of luck flying a naked Vermeil next to Pure Sabaac with Shield Upgrade and Elusive. On the turn you engage, Vermeil coordinates Sabaac, making sure he has a Focus, Evade, and re-roll from Elusive on the opening joust. Vermeil's ability gives him decent damage mods, especially considering the opposing ships probably spent tokens on Sabaac. Then since he is stressed, Vermeil can probably engage next turn because he can't aileron.