buckero0

New Heavy Support article about the Clone Wars expansions

1 hour ago, Simonsays3 said:

I think it might be a mistake to look at Droidekas as only 3 health, since those shield "dodges" basically function as health. So you really get 2x 7 hitpoint units that can then regenerate a percentage of that health and also have the highest speed in the game. Seems potent.

But it'll depend on how easily you can get them up the field of course. The suppressive gun is a nice addition, as they can do extra work even if the damage output is low.

Excited to see these guys (and the BARCs) in action!

One note, they aren't 2x7 HP units, they are 2x3 +4 HP units (so 10 HP to start technically) since the shield tokens are shared between the models in the unit. I agree with the rest of your assessment though. 

3 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

One note, they aren't 2x7 HP units, they are 2x3 +4 HP units (so 10 HP to start technically) since the shield tokens are shared between the models in the unit. I agree with the rest of your assessment though. 

+5 assuming they survive to round 6 of course. 

Just now, Derrault said:

+5 assuming they survive to round 6 of course. 

Well, that depends on if they take damage on turn 1 since you can't regen shields without first spending the tokens.

It's +4 to start, with the possibility of up to an additional +5, depending on when they take damage and how long they survive. 

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Well, that depends on if they take damage on turn 1 since you can't regen shields without first spending the tokens.

It's +4 to start, with the possibility of up to an additional +5, depending on when they take damage and how long they survive. 

Good point; It probably would be wise to ignore them right up until you can lay them out cold. 

Posted (edited)

so here are what all is readable
speeders, 75 points 1 mini 5 health break 3, aresnal 2 cover 1 speeder 1 surge to hit weapon 1: 1 b r 1-3, weapon 2 1 RBW range 1-3 fixed front
visible or known upgrades:
barc twin laswer gunner range 1-3 2 BW r
educe your speed by 1 fixed front,rear gun
Barc RPS-6 rocket gunner 2-4 impact 2 also reduce your speed by 1
Barc ion gunner 1-3 1(possible 2) B fixed front impact 1 ion 1 reduce your speed by 1
comms jammer
Laser Targeting Array target 1: after your issued a order gain 1 aim token

for droidikas:
100 points 2 minis 3 health each
AI attack, move if you don't get a order token you must attack or move as your first action

Generator 1: end phase gain 1 shield back
Shield 4: have 4 shield tokens total between the two?
wheel move: when you activate, you may increase your speed by x if you do , untill the end of the round gain cover 2 and cannot attack or flip exhausted shield tokens
weapon 1: 1 R 2 B each suppressive, fixed front immune deflect
surge defense

upgrades laser targeting array and comms jammer

Edited by azeronbloodmoone

Wow, I hit refresh on the article and sure enough those helmets have been updated to 91st Recon. I wasn't planning on getting this but now that makes it a tough decision.

4 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

speeders, 75 points 1 mini 5 health break 3, aresnal 2 cover 1 speeder 1 surge to hit weapon 1: 1 b r 1-3, weapon 2 1 RBW range 1-3 fixed front
educe your speed by 1 fixed rear gun
Barc ion gunner 1-3 1(possible 2) B fixed front impact 1 ion 1 reduce your speed by 1
comms jammer

for droidikas:
AI attack, move if you don't get a order token you must attack or move as your first action

wheel move: when you activate, you may increase your speed by x if you do , untill the end of the round gain cover 2 and cannot attack or flip exhausted shield tokens
surge defense

Good summary, I've missed before the part of the BARCs crew upgrades reducing it's speed.

Just a few corrections:

-BARC twin laser has Fixed: Front, Rear (not only Rear)
-Confirm that the shield 4 is for the whole unit, not for each mini. It is a unit keyword, not a weapon keyword.
-The droidekas wheel mode doesn't let them flip active shield tokens, meaning they can't use shields while in wheel mode, it's not that they cannot recover them by Generator 1.

1 minute ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Good summary, I've missed before the part of the BARCs crew upgrades reducing it's speed.

Just a few corrections:

-BARC twin laser has Fixed: Front, Rear (not only Rear)
-Confirm that the shield 4 is for the whole unit, not for each mini. It is a unit keyword, not a weapon keyword.
-The droidekas wheel mode doesn't let them flip active shield tokens, meaning they can't use shields while in wheel mode, it's not that they cannot recover them by Generator 1.

yeah i added the front on there forgot to put in the original post and the whole shield 4 has me a bit confused because while its shield 4 for the unit when it comes to it loosing a mini it will still have shield 4 which kinda seems odd. and i see the active part so it can recharge just not use shield tokens.

35 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but shield tokens (at least how they’re currently used by Sabine) don’t actually add health, they just remove damage from an attack roll without rolling. So the Droidekas only have 6 health, cause the shield tokens are more like defense dice. No??? 🤔

I guess the shield tokens are like health tokens (in a way), but the problem with thinking of them that way is Ion, which might be included in lists if more units have shields. For each point of Ion a shield token is flipped, and that’s in addition to damage.

Maybe I’m splitting hairs?? I don’t know, just thinking aloud. 

Thoughts?

35 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

educe your speed by 1 fixed front,rear gun
comms jammer

for droidikas:

surge defense

The RPS-6 rocket gunner for the BARC looks like it has at least 1 red attack die.

Great recap!

7 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but shield tokens (at least how they’re currently used by Sabine) don’t actually add health, they just remove damage from an attack roll without rolling. So the Droidekas only have 6 health, cause the shield tokens are more like defense dice. No??? 🤔

I guess the shield tokens are like health tokens (in a way), but the problem with thinking of them that way is Ion, which might be included in lists if more units have shields. For each point of Ion a shield token is flipped, and that’s in addition to damage.

Thoughts?

Oh, I just remembered that shield tokens don’t work versus melee attacks, only ranged.

So shield are only situational health?? I guess??

3 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Oh, I just remembered that shield tokens don’t work versus melee attacks, only ranged.

So shield are only situational health?? I guess??

They are damage mitigating in some (most) circumstances.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Thoughts?

Per the RRG, if an attack pool includes Ion then an active Shield token is flipped for every Hit/Crit in the attack pool.

Edited by NeonWolf

2 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

You’re right, but only up to the amount of Ion. So only 2 if you have Ion 2.

Yep, missed that "up to x" part of the bullet

12 minutes ago, Jedirev said:

They are damage mitigating in some (most) circumstances.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe I was splitting hairs, but then I thought, if you think of shields as health and there is an attack that negates shields, the Droidekas might fold (die) a LOT faster than you expect. Kind of like speeder bikes and Cover 1. If you were thinking Cover 1 like a continual dodge, the reality doesn’t seem to stack up.

Again, just thinking aloud.

4 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Yeah, I was thinking maybe I was splitting hairs, but then I thought, if you think of shields as health and there is an attack that negates shields, the Droidekas might fold (die) a LOT faster than you expect. Kind of like speeder bikes and Cover 1. If you were thinking Cover 1 like a continual dodge, the reality doesn’t seem to stack up.

I think it'll just depend on how the/your meta shifts to counter it.  I'm still not convinced we'll see a big growth in Ion - the points and exhaust on Ion weapons is still a bit of a mountain.

3 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you either, I was initially responding to someone who indicated the shield tokens were per model vs per unit and had referred to them as HP. 

So far, only ion weapons can really punch through with any regularity at range, and those aren't frequently taken due to all of them so far being exhaust (as far as I can remember at least).

Also, how does Cover 1 not emulate continual dodge? Both remove a single hit from the pool, and both can't cancel Crits. Only difference really is the prevalance of Sharpshooter as opposed to High Velocity to overcome the different forms of defence.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you either, I was initially responding to someone who indicated the shield tokens were per model vs per unit and had referred to them as HP. 

So far, only ion weapons can really punch through with any regularity at range, and those aren't frequently taken due to all of them so far being exhaust (as far as I can remember at least).

Also, how does Cover 1 not emulate continual dodge? Both remove a single hit from the pool, and both can't cancel Crits. Only difference really is the prevalance of Sharpshooter as opposed to High Velocity to overcome the different forms of defence.

I guess the analogy I was trying to draw was a comparison between how Speederbikes fold pretty fast, even with Cover 1, and maybe the Droidekas will be similar if you think of shields as health. Like I said, I’m just thinking aloud and not every thought I have is a gem. 😊😳

But you’re right. But I also think it will be dangerous to think of shields as health.

Edited by JediPartisan