buckero0

New Heavy Support article about the Clone Wars expansions

Yeah, I just pointed that little "whoopsie" in my local Legion group on FB.  Sounds like somebody picked a cool article title without realizing its a bit misleading.

Anywho, love the looks of the new units.  If I wasn't already preordered for two core sets, I'd probably pick a BARC speeder up.  Still might do so on a Droideka.  Side note, can anyone see what the card "Linked Targeting Array" does?  I can make out its for emplacement troopers or vehicles only, and you get "Target 1," but that's about the extent I can make out. 

1 minute ago, Alpha17 said:

Side note, can anyone see what the card "Linked Targeting Array" does?  I can make out its for emplacement troopers or vehicles only, and you get "Target 1," but that's about the extent I can make out. 

Not really you gain some kind of token is the best I can tell

2 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

can anyone see what the card "Linked Targeting Array" does?  I can make out its for emplacement troopers or vehicles only, and you get "Target 1," but that's about the extent I can make out. 

It looks like:

”Emplacement Trooper or Vehicle only - You gain Target 1 (after you are issued an order, gain 1 aim token)”

2 minutes ago, chr335 said:

Not really you gain some kind of token is the best I can tell

That's about what I could see too.

Just now, smickletz said:

It looks like:

”Emplacement Trooper or Vehicle only - You gain Target 1 (after you are issued an order, gain 1 aim token)”

That would be interesting, and help some units.  Not a lot of help, but some. 

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

Well, BARC is way way better than the imperial counterpart. I’m salty.

Well, that's always been the case in lore.  The BARCs were just a little bigger, and thus the Empire said "nope" and went with the 74-Zs instead.  (which the Republic had also used) 

3 minutes ago, Alpha17 said:

Well, that's always been the case in lore.  The BARCs were just a little bigger, and thus the Empire said "nope" and went with the 74-Zs instead.  (which the Republic had also used) 

Yes, but I think the points don’t reflect how much better it is. I mean in terms of efficiency as well as in terms of literal “oh this is more elite”

Can some make out the cost of the BARC side car? Is it 10 or 30? The armament of BARC with side card and imperial speeder bikes is mostly the same (the of BARC speeder showing slightly higher variance) only real difference in that regard is that the BARC can split fire while bikes gain impact 2.

Posted (edited)

(When you activate, you may increase your maximum speed by 1. If you do, until the end of the round, you gain cover 2 and cannot attack or flip active shield tokens.) This is my interpretation of what I can read.

Edited by choassassin
Corrections

9 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Can anybody make out the exact wording of the Wheel Mode text? I can't make it out hardly at all. Is that wheely-looking token related to Wheel Mode?

"When you activate, you may increase your maximum speed to 3. If you do, until the end of the round, you gain cover 2 and cannot attack or flip active shield tokens."

I imagine that is the token to show that they are in wheel mode besides the models switching out.

Just now, thepopemobile100 said:

"When you activate, you may increase your maximum speed to 3. If you do, until the end of the round, you gain cover 2 and cannot attack or flip active shield tokens."

I imagine that is the token to show that they are in wheel mode besides the models switching out.

AHH yes, "activate" was the word that was eluding me, it almost looks like 2 words, an article and another word, in the low res image lol thanks!

So the token is a means to avoid switching the models in and out every time, but, where's the fun in that?!

Ready for my rolling murder bois!

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

So the token is a means to avoid switching the models in and out every time, but, where's the fun in that?!

Ready for my rolling murder bois!

I imagine that the token is more for tournaments since when you replace a model it's never going to be perfectly in the exact same spot, but I don't see it getting a lot of use in regular play.