EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

7 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

@EliasWindrider, @P-47 Thunderbolt

Just from a quick google search for Police...

Mandalorian | Kylar Wiki | Fandom

Looks like the Mandalorians had a 4 seat... we could mound a HRB in the back...

Clone Wars Star Wars Police Gunship Galactic Republic Wookieepedia ...

Then there's the patrol craft from Coruscant.. (later used by Imperials in Rebels)

Fhas the same problem as a laat.  You're looking for a ground/low altitude speeder.  BTW is this worth a destiny point flip to the PCs (team decision)?

5 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Ker'see, based on raw Agility.

Camo comes in second with 4 Agility since Condor is out, but he doesn't have any ranks.

@jhh3 shin/ethan could manage by committing 4 force dice to boost agility to 6,and have a leftover force die to add to the pool but it's unclear if he's still in the game.

13 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@jhh3 shin/ethan could manage by committing 4 force dice to boost agility to 6,and have a leftover force die to add to the pool but it's unclear if he's still in the game.

He's been absent from the other two games he was in, and subsequently written out.

26 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Fhas the same problem as a laat.  You're looking for a ground/low altitude speeder.  BTW is this worth a destiny point flip to the PCs (team decision)?

Perhaps a check (e.g. Streetwise, Knowledge [Education]) would be in order? Despair and Threat could have interesting consequences.

16 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Just throwing out ideas... and these were the only in canon law enforcement options that might be realistically found on most planets (and look like might do the required job)... I thought the patrol ship might work if it flew low, "map of Earth" where you are barely at tree level, and its size.. looks just smaller than the LAATi

5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Mini adventure to go acquire one?

That's an idea too.... :D 

2 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

man.. the boys just had a lander... but then they broke it.. this is why we can't have nice things

We wanted to break it, remember? Cut off another access route, channel them where we can shoot them.

And the important part is that it was a pretty kaboom. :D

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

We wanted to break it, remember? Cut off another access route, channel them where we can shoot them.

And the important part is that it was a pretty kaboom. :D

Emperor Palpatine Smile GIF - EmperorPalpatine Smile Creepy ...

20 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Mini adventure to go acquire one?

It would have to be very mini if the group wants to reach the downed Jedi pilot in time ...

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

It would have to be very mini if the group wants to reach the downed Jedi pilot in time ...

Good point. So... BARCS?

Who wants to ride with who?

Pending feedback from the GM on time required for a check or mini-adventure, looks like BARCs are the way to go.

It would probably make sense to have a stretcher attachment on one of the BARCs in case the downed Jedi is seriously injured, so it might be best to leave The Duchess behind. If we don't, is she comfortable riding on a stretcher if the downed Jedi isn't seriously injured?

As for pilots, probably going to be Camo, Mireska, and Ker'see, with Jorin riding with either '65 or Mireska.

8 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Pending feedback from the GM on time required for a check or mini-adventure, looks like BARCs are the way to go.

It would probably make sense to have a stretcher attachment on one of the BARCs in case the downed Jedi is seriously injured, so it might be best to leave The Duchess behind. If we don't, is she comfortable riding on a stretcher if the downed Jedi isn't seriously injured?

As for pilots, probably going to be Camo, Mireska, and Ker'see, with Jorin riding with either '65 or Mireska.

Camo and Jorin could each take a barc with empty side car, and Mireska could take one with a stretcher... that way you're all still ok if you lose one barc

Posted (edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 9:34 PM, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

He's been absent from the other two games he was in, and subsequently written out.

Perhaps a check (e.g. Streetwise, Knowledge [Education]) would be in order? Despair and Threat could have interesting consequences.

I sent him a pm and he responded that he was still in this game.  I sent him a pm that he needed to post ic now if he wanted to be involved in the mission.

I'm beginning to think that the shin Ethan character is cursed so that anyone who plays him will soon get busy in real life.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Totally unrelated to this game (well potential impacts in 8 months)

I had a vasectomy after my daughter was born.  The doctor told me to follow up with a sperm count check to be safe (which I never got around to doing), because while most men have 2 tubes a small fraction of men have 3.  Last night (which coincidentally was my daughter's first birthday) my wife was worried that her period was slightly late.  It was slightly late last month too so I was thinking she was undergoing physical changes... so she took a pregnancy test for peace of mind and didn't get it... I'm apparently in the small fraction of men with 3 tubes because we're going to have another baby in about 8 months, but out babies are big and/or come early.   

The potential impact is that come march we might need to find another GM for this campaign because I will have once again increased real life responsibilities.

18 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The potential impact is that come march we might need to find another GM for this campaign because I will have once again increased real life responsibilities.

Congratulations on unexpected number three?

(Now I'm wondering if the lockdowns/stay at home orders will be causing higher birthrates in the months to come.)

Hopefully we'll be able to find a solution to any necessary campaign changes.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bellona said:

Congratulations on unexpected number three?

(Now I'm wondering if the lockdowns/stay at home orders will be causing higher birthrates in the months to come.)

Hopefully we'll be able to find a solution to any necessary campaign changes.

Yes number 3.  It hasn't been having much of an effect on our frequency... usually at least one of us is too tired after having dealt with our two kids, or our eldest, Samuel L. (Who will turn 3 later this month) has a nightmare and comes running to our bed (which kind of precludes amorous activity), our our daughter wakes up because we were making too much noise (our son's room is farther away and our daughter is a light sleeper)... kids kind of spoil the romance (despite being  tremendous blessings) so we know when our third was conceived.

My wife (not a star wars fan or at all involved in my role playing game hobby) threw out Ezra and Elias (variant of a Elijah... Elijah being ruled out as the name of her oldest brother's oldest daughter's son), for names, Ezra means "help" in Hebrew so not such an outstanding name.  Elias and Elijah means "my God is Jehovah"...  I threw out Joshua and Caleb as biblical names and my wife has seized on Caleb Elias as a boy's name.... I later realized that Caleb Dume (Kanan Jarrus' real name) is a star wars reference.

So yeah I recognize that I just revealed a lot about our beliefs and values.

Edited by EliasWindrider

10 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Congrats and if need be I could step into GMing if you wish.

13 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

In that case, would it be appropriate to say Mazel Tov! :)

I'm not Jewish just a Christian who has taken studying the Bible seriously enough to have picked up a bit of Hebrew and Greek.  Hebrew English old testament interlinear and Greek english new testament interlinear.  Ab is father jah is Jehovah or Yahweh, el is god, the letter I in abijah or elijah seems to mean is my