EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bellona said:

I assume that the trainers are still there on Kamino, as new batches (regular and speedies) are still being made/trained.

On a related topic, I wonder how informative the Kaminoans were when the Jedi asked about things post-Geonosis. Stuff like the identity of the clones' genetic template, the presence/identity of Boba (maybe some of the clones remember Boba?), who/which Jedi made the original clone army order, who kept an eye on/directed the order's development (i.e., did the name Tyrannus turn up), etc.

Is Shaak Ti the Jedi currently in charge of the Kamino end of things?

Another related topic: is the Galidraan massacre a part of this campaign's canon?

Trainers are on Kamino

Shark Ti is in charge

The answer you'll get from Kaminoans is that sifo-dyas commissioned the clone army 

No to the Galidraan massacre (anything that relies upon Jango being the Mandalore is out) we are mostly going with the current official Canon except to campaign specific alterations... I can work in some legends into canon in a non-contradictory way

What I did with Jango was make it dubious about whether he was a mandalorian, he wasn't a mandalorian by birth so in universe people can claim he's not on that basis, but being a foundling raised by Mandalorians (if he was telling the truth) lets him and others claim he is mandalorian, but we know he's taken off the helmet, not that any true mandalorians know that, but if they did they would disown him, because that's not the way.  But there are plenty of mandalorians who took of their helmets in clone wars and rebels took their helmets off so that's not necessarily a reason to claim that he's not a mando.

Edited by EliasWindrider

21 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Although based in part on canon (such as it is currently ... O Lucas, thy middle name is Retcon!), my questions are actually directed at this campaign's "AU canon".

Part of what I'm wondering is if any Kaminoans knew that Sidious and Tyranus were Sith (as opposed to "mysterious backers"/maybe Jedi), and that the bio-chips were part of a plot directed specifically against the Jedi (and, ultimately, the Republic).

Presumably Dooku only visited/communicated with the Kaminoans while using his Tyranus identity (until the army was "discovered" and put to use). Otherwise it would look odd if the leader of the CIS was involved with the original order for the Republic's/Jedi Order's clone army. :) 

Sith Palpatine GIFs | Tenor

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Trainers are on Kamino

Shark Ti is in charge

The answer you'll get from Kaminoans is that sifo-dyas commissioned the clone army 

No to the Galidraan massacre (anything that relies upon Jango being the Mandalore is out) we are mostly going with the current official Canon except to campaign specific alterations... I can work in some legends into canon in a non-contradictory way

What I did with Jango was make it dubious about whether he was a mandalorian, he wasn't a mandalorian by birth so in universe people can claim he's not on that basis, but being a foundling raised by Mandalorians (if he was telling the truth) lets him and others claim he is mandalorian, but we know he's taken off the helmet, not that any true mandalorians know that, but if they did they would disown him, because that's not the way.  

The way it looks right now, "this is the way" happened due to the Purge of Mandalor they mentioned in The Mandalorian.. possibly a variation to the EU Mandalorian tactic of Strategic Disappearance (Ba'slan shev'la) 

Posted (edited)

*sighs*

The Mandalorian is yet another TV show that I haven't seen yet ... :( 

(That was not a complaint about spoilers. I rarely mind spoilers.)

Edited by Bellona
Formatting.

I have a question about the Heal power in general: would applications of Heal/its upgrades eventually remove horrific scars and the like? (I guess that bacta/bacta tanks does something like that too.)

If yes, then presumably it wouldn't have any effect on a character's scar-related talents (a lesson learned - and XP paid - doesn't just disappear).

17 hours ago, Bellona said:

*sighs*

The Mandalorian is yet another TV show that I haven't seen yet ... :( 

(That was not a complaint about spoilers. I rarely mind spoilers.)

Highly recommend that show. (then if you like bonus features, check out the Gallery show. Show runners talk about making Mandalorian. Interesting insights)

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

I have a question about the Heal power in general: would applications of Heal/its upgrades eventually remove horrific scars and the like? (I guess that bacta/bacta tanks does something like that too.)

If yes, then presumably it wouldn't have any effect on a character's scar-related talents (a lesson learned - and XP paid - doesn't just disappear).

Depends on the severity of the scar... it's not going to regrow a lost limb.... and certain scar talents can be awarded without physical injuries (close calls).  But also a good stab or raking by say a nexu is going to leave a scar whether or healed by bacta or the force, they help you recover from an injury and function more or less normally... they don't erase all evidence of the injury.

Posted (edited)

I've spent 20 XP on improving Mireska's Sense power (Control: Upgrade Difficulty, Duration).

The updated PDFs are now at the MediaFire link, and the SWSheets version has already been updated (although the talents/powers that I've listed on that site have only the names and book references).

Edited by Bellona

I've spent 5 XP on Grit (Knight tree).

The updated PDFs are now at the MediaFire link, and the SWSheets version has already been updated (although the talents/powers that I've listed on that site have only the names and book references).

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

I think I'm going to take this opportunity to pull the trigger and purchase the Sentry and Shien Expert trees for Jorin.

Good choices! :) 

I've been eyeing those trees too, but have reluctantly concluded that my XP plans/budget can't afford both of them. But maybe Shien alone ... soon-ish.

10 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Good choices! :) 

I've been eyeing those trees too, but have reluctantly concluded that my XP plans/budget can't afford both of them. But maybe Shien alone ... soon-ish.

Mireska is of course your character to do what you want with but...

Supreme reflect/parry isn't worth it in my opinion, you have to not attack to use those talents.  Shien also uses cunning and Mireska is an Intellect based character having only a 2 in cunning. She has 3's in agility, willpower, and presence so... soresu/ataru/niman-disciple/makashi make the most sense fro. That perspective.   Soresu isn't that great of a spec (aside from letting you use intellect) and knight fills the role of soresu pretty well.  Ataru is t by e best lightsaber spec and the one with the second most utility.  Niman is the second best lightsaber spec and the one with the most utility.  Makashi doesn't boost reflect... which I think you are going after.

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Supreme reflect/parry isn't worth it in my opinion, you have to not attack to use those talents. 

I thought this too but consider what counts as not attacking and there is a lot you could do on your turn to stack up for supreme reflect/parry to work.

5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Mireska is of course your character to do what you want with but...

Supreme reflect/parry isn't worth it in my opinion, you have to not attack to use those talents.  Shien also uses cunning and Mireska is an Intellect based character having only a 2 in cunning. She has 3's in agility, willpower, and presence so... soresu/ataru/niman-disciple/makashi make the most sense fro. That perspective.   Soresu isn't that great of a spec (aside from letting you use intellect) and knight fills the role of soresu pretty well.  Ataru is t by e best lightsaber spec and the one with the second most utility.  Niman is the second best lightsaber spec and the one with the most utility.  Makashi doesn't boost reflect... which I think you are going after.

Regarding Supreme Reflect: of all the Jedi, Mireska is the one least likely to be attacking constantly with a lightsabre. She also doesn't want to run out of Strain, something which is all too easy to do while using Reflect against many opponents. Supreme Reflect will basically triple her combat endurance in that respect.

The Shien tree also has multiple Reflect talents plus a cheaper Sabre Throw talent than the Knight tree (although not as cheap as Sentry, which was one reason why I was considering that tree too). Once Sabre Throw is acquired (by whatever means) then it is automatically added to the Knight tree too, which opens the way to Peerless Interception.

Niman is also in my plans, but it won't help Mireska much before she improves her Willpower characteristic and Lightsabre skill first. Narratively speaking, it doesn't make sense for her to improve her lightsabre attack skills from the very beginning. After all, how many lightsabre duels have we had against our foes by this point? IIRC, Dooku hasn't been revealed as a Sith yet and Ventress has yet to make a personal appearance. (I just hope that Mireska survives that first encounter with Ventress.)

I certainly don't plan on using Cunning for the Lightsabre skill. Just about anything but that! :D 

In time, Mireska's personal lightsabre style will eventually become a mix of Niman and Shien, possibly with a bit of Soresu thrown in if she finds herself in too many duels.

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

I plan on using the Dedication to boost Jorin's Cunning to 4.. which should help with covert missions with Camouflage. :)

The stealth skill works off of agility I believe, I think streetwise might work off cunning.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

The stealth skill works off of agility I believe, I think streetwise might work off cunning.

Cunning boosts Lightsaber, Perception, and Survival. It is also thematically appropriate.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt