Sign in to follow this  
Orkimedes

Rebel Veterans - Efficiency Analysis

27 minutes ago, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

If you give the Veterans Recon Intel, how does that interact with the emplacement trooper's deployment? Does the emplacement essentially gain an extra scout move as well? 

Yes.  The emplacement doesn't have to be deployed inside a deployment zone, so you could actually get pretty far up with that method, if you wanted to.

13 minutes ago, Orkimedes said:

Yes.  The emplacement doesn't have to be deployed inside a deployment zone, so you could actually get pretty far up with that method, if you wanted to.

Thought so :)

Could Recon Intel be an auto-include on Vets so that the emplacement gets its ideal set-up? 

7 hours ago, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

Thought so :)

Could Recon Intel be an auto-include on Vets so that the emplacement gets its ideal set-up? 

I would not go as far to call it an autoinclude because the gear slot is quite competetive, but it is certainly a very good option.

Whilst I find the statistical comparisons interesting, there are other factors to consider. In this case, you have to take the vets in order to take the mkII, so the fact the z6 might be slightly better than the 93 doesn't invalidate the 93 as an option.

Also, having a higher floor is preferable for me as it makes it more likely to do some damage rather than none at all (that extra hit is sometimes needed to get past cover/dodge).

47 minutes ago, Ghost Dancer said:

Whilst I find the statistical comparisons interesting, there are other factors to consider. In this case, you have to take the vets in order to take the mkII, so the fact the z6 might be slightly better than the 93 doesn't invalidate the 93 as an option.

Also, having a higher floor is preferable for me as it makes it more likely to do some damage rather than none at all (that extra hit is sometimes needed to get past cover/dodge).

I'm definitely not trying to say people should be taking them.  I just like to be informed about what I'm getting.

There are some potential benefits, for sure, to being able to access the MK2.

Personally I am looking forward to trying a turn one recon intel/advance deployment into uplinked Coordinated Bombardment fire support.

1 hour ago, Orkimedes said:

I'm definitely not trying to say people should be taking them.  I just like to be informed about what I'm getting.

There are some potential benefits, for sure, to being able to access the MK2.

Personally I am looking forward to trying a turn one recon intel/advance deployment into uplinked Coordinated Bombardment fire support.

That's what I was looking at, another thing that may prove useful is a Leia / Jyn teamup recon Intel into coordinated deployment into a recovery from the veterans on their second action, followed by a turn 2 Trust Goes Both Ways ,.With two sets.of.veterans/MK2 jyn would give out 6 order tokens.

Imagine Jyn a.Z6 trooper unit gets the original order token, orders go out to rebel vet1 , vet2 from hq uplink and the 2 MK2 resulting in 6 trooper units with order tokens, All of them now have teamwork:Jyn Erso. A dodge token goes to Vet1, and to Vet2 resulting in 2 Dodge.tokens on all 6 units, follow that with quick thinking and you can add another dodge and an aim token, if you have Hunter on Jyn Erso.you can double up on that Aim token. which gives you 3 dodge.and 2 aim tokens on all of the other 5 units before they even start to activate, and you have flexibility to split or gather fire.

That's going to set up an interesting turn 2.At the very least

1 hour ago, syrath said:

That's what I was looking at, another thing that may prove useful is a Leia / Jyn teamup recon Intel into coordinated deployment into a recovery from the veterans on their second action, followed by a turn 2 Trust Goes Both Ways ,.With two sets.of.veterans/MK2 jyn would give out 6 order tokens.

Imagine Jyn a.Z6 trooper unit gets the original order token, orders go out to rebel vet1 , vet2 from hq uplink and the 2 MK2 resulting in 6 trooper units with order tokens, All of them now have teamwork:Jyn Erso. A dodge token goes to Vet1, and to Vet2 resulting in 2 Dodge.tokens on all 6 units, follow that with quick thinking and you can add another dodge and an aim token, if you have Hunter on Jyn Erso.you can double up on that Aim token. which gives you 3 dodge.and 2 aim tokens on all of the other 5 units before they even start to activate, and you have flexibility to split or gather fire.

That's going to set up an interesting turn 2.At the very least

Wow, I hadnt considered that one. Is that potentially broken?

5 minutes ago, Ghost Dancer said:

Just checked jyn's command card, teamwork is only given to units she issues orders to. Using uplink the unit issuies the order to itself so would not get teamwork.

Afaik she still counts as having given the order , the same things occurs where you have no time for sorrows where the unit gets a move 1 where orkimedes referee to earlier, So if it works for Leia:s 2 pip it also works on that card as well. So every unit in given an order gets Teamwork, and of they are in range of the unit getting the token the  they also get the token.

Actually looking at the wording I think it would work like this Erso issues order to Z6 unit

Issue order to HQ linked veteran 1 , order can go to MK2 1, Erso, mk2 1, Z6 and Vet 1 get dodge token

Issue order to HQ LINKED Veteran 2, order can go to MK2 2 , Erso Mk2 1 , z6 and Vet 2 get 2nd dodge token, mk2 2 and vet 2 get 1 dodge. Erso:s quick thinking gives 4 units 3 dodges, 2 units have 2 , everyone gets an aim token, Hunter may then give everyone a second aim if Erso can shoot at a wounded unit from turn 1,  

Another option of the other normal trooper unit also has Hunter you can start stacking even more aim tokens

14 minutes ago, syrath said:

Afaik she still counts as having given the order , the same things occurs where you have no time for sorrows where the unit gets a move 1 where orkimedes referee to earlier, So if it works for Leia:s 2 pip it also works on that card as well. So every unit in given an order gets Teamwork, and of they are in range of the unit getting the token the  they also get the token.

Sorry, but there's no way it can be interpreted that way as hq uplink states 'issue an order to yourself'. Jyn is not issuing the order so her ability does not apply as her card says 'when Jyn Erso issues an order...'.

The two abilities do not work together.

8 hours ago, Ghost Dancer said:

Sorry, but there's no way it can be interpreted that way as hq uplink states 'issue an order to yourself'. Jyn is not issuing the order so her ability does not apply as her card says 'when Jyn Erso issues an order...'.

The two abilities do not work together.

Yeah, I see that now, ****, shame.