Sign in to follow this  
Garrett17

45 pts - CRV A or 3 lancers?

Posted (edited)

Just finishing up a list trying to figure out what to do with the last 45 pts (with a 10-11 pt bid)

Sato-Pelta-IF  plus a few nick nacks

3 Trop HHs (TFO and APTs)

1CRV

Luke, Tycho and Nym as spotters

The idea is to fish for black criticals with the HHs while guaranteeing some damage with IFF. 

So with the last 45 or so pts am I better off with some bomber-finishers I can tuck away and deploy as needed or with the CRV as one more activation benefiting from IF (no room for TRCs).

I'm leaning lancer as the whole rogue bomber thing might allow me to proxy a last-first setup (am bidding for first) with a mobile bomber group I don't have to worry about managing so everyone else can constantly CF for blacks. The plan is to avoid squadron engagement altogether if possible. One more naked corvette would be nice but corvettes can be out of position more easily which is a risk I don't really run with the lancers.

Thoughts?

(Also on a side note, how popular are lancers? For a rogue/bomber/grit group they seem like a fairly good bunch but they don't seem popular. I get that 4 hull isn't great but I'm guessing they were designed as a flexible bomber group specifically meant to be deployed during the squadron phase with maximum turn information).

Edited by Garrett17
minor edit for clarity

2 hours ago, Garrett17 said:

(Also on a side note, how popular are lancers? For a rogue/bomber/grit group they seem like a fairly good bunch but they don't seem popular. I get that 4 hull isn't great but I'm guessing they were designed as a flexible bomber group specifically meant to be deployed during the squadron phase with maximum turn information).

The problems happen when you compare them to other multirole fighters at a similar price point.  Take the YT-2400: you get an extra blue die and half again more hull in exchange for grit and 0.25 antiship damage.  

Or Shara Bey, where at the cost of grit, bomber and rogue, you gain 1 speed, a scatter/brace token suite, and boosted counter 3.

Especially in a wing like this I’d recommend Shara and/or YT-2400s, as they aren’t quite so squishy and can reasonably fight back.