azeronbloodmoone

rebel veterns was spoiled

26 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Not saying you're wrong.  However, IF the mortar is the same one as from the AT-ST then it will be range 4+ while the Shoretroopers are range 1-3.  I'd say there is as good of a chance of the mortar not having Fire Support due to this as your assumption that it will because the Rebel medium blaster does have it.

Fair point :)

1 hour ago, NeonWolf said:

Are we sure that the Mortar actually gets Fire Support?

Yes, they've already stated that it does when they said it was just like the AT-ST mortar.

1 hour ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

Btw why are competitive folks saying defend is bad? It gives you a free dodge, which let's you activate other rebel troopers earlier without worrying about survivability 

I haven't heard a single person say it's bad. It sounds pretty good to me.

4 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

Suppressive, range 4+

That's gonna generate an average of 1.125per shot.

While low profile will mitigate that damage that's two suppression tokens.  And that's you're anti sniper 

Even better, my Sniper adds the mortar to his attack pool with fire support.  

Now it's got sharpshooter.  

DLT use their suppressive weapon against snipers and add in fire support.

Nahh, I'm down with this. 

Granted, it loses High Velocity then.

I’d rather just supplement the attack of a unit  near the front lines. 

16 hours ago, Derrault said:

Granted, it loses High Velocity then.

I’d rather just supplement the attack of a unit  near the front lines. 

Triple Suppression is nothing to sneeze at. Just choose a target that doesn't have a dodge token. 

2 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

Triple Suppression is nothing to sneeze at. Just choose a target that doesn't have a dodge token. 

Fire support adds to the attack pool, so it’s just two suppression. One from the attack, one from the Suppresssive keyword

Is the most efficient boost of the rebel fire support to link it up with a unit that lacks surge? Critical 2 should convert your average roll of surges. It would definitely help the airspeeder, along with looking thematic. 

Are there other instances that would maximize a fire support combo?

4 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Is the most efficient boost of the rebel fire support to link it up with a unit that lacks surge? Critical 2 should convert your average roll of surges. It would definitely help the airspeeder, along with looking thematic. 

Are there other instances that would maximize a fire support combo?

I don't know if it'd maximize, but it occurs to me that a couple of those turrets placed right with Leia's coordinated bombardment could be fun, right?

latest?cb=20180508204330

Especially considering her stats

swl12_a2_cardfan.png

It would take some doing.... each emplacement trooper would have to have HQ uplink... and an unactivated one would have to be in range of each of the targets, and leia would have to be in range... but 3 sharpshooter 2, surge to crit attacks, with 2 red 4 black... 

It sounds fun...

33 minutes ago, SoonerTed said:

It looks like there is a facedown heavy weapon, as one of the minis has what looks to be a completely different weapon.

The only facedown card is a Gear. The card second from the right is the only heavy weapon option.

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

Fire support adds to the attack pool, so it’s just two suppression. One from the attack, one from the Suppresssive keyword

I think maybe they are talking about combining it with the Deathtrooper's range 4 Armament. I don't think 2 instances of Suppressive stack, though.

1 hour ago, arnoldrew said:

I think maybe they are talking about combining it with the Deathtrooper's range 4 Armament. I don't think 2 instances of Suppressive stack, though.

Correct, they do not (per the RRG entry)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I don't know if it'd maximize, but it occurs to me that a couple of those turrets placed right with Leia's coordinated bombardment could be fun, right?

latest?cb=20180508204330

Especially considering her stats

swl12_a2_cardfan.png

It would take some doing.... each emplacement trooper would have to have HQ uplink... and an unactivated one would have to be in range of each of the targets, and leia would have to be in range... but 3 sharpshooter 2, surge to crit attacks, with 2 red 4 black... 

It sounds fun...

Yeah that's a nice call that, equip your veterans with Recon Intel to get them roughly 8 inches out of deployment which should satisfy the range  03 requirement, and have Leia lay down the three attacks giving you a RRBBBB pool with shooter 2 

Edited by syrath

What are they going to do with regular rebel troopers? Why would you take them over the vets?

Nimble is not effective. Their guns are terrible almost not worth shooting at all. 

22 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

What are they going to do with regular rebel troopers? Why would you take them over the vets?

Nimble is not effective. Their guns are terrible almost not worth shooting at all. 

If you want Z6 then original troops are a must.  If you want cheap bodies with mass activations then reb troopers are a must.  If you want bang for your buck then Vets is the way to go.

25 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

Because there's a 17 point difference between the two with just a heavy on them. Unless you plan on taking 3 of the turrets to help keep the costs relatively the same, paying between 17-102 points extra for a surge on all of your general troops that is going to take it's toll somewhere else in your army.

That cost is likely even higher though as it's going to be very appetizing to put a training upgrade on them, like endurance to help with all the suppression the empire is getting. Which I find funny because rebel troopers with a Z-6 and an officer are cheaper than that and are far better at handling suppression.

1 hour ago, buckero0 said:

I most likely won't unless I am playing a not-Hoth army or a Hoth Grand Alliance. Otherwise it's going to be all Veterans and Tauntaun Riders in my rebel lists. Unless I need to "downgrade" a squad or two to free up some points. I do have two squads of Rebel Troopers painted in snowy looking colors.