azeronbloodmoone

rebel veterns was spoiled

3 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

You have to run corps with the E-Web due to force structure requirements, so that's that much of a change. 

It is since in that scenario the e-webs take up 3 of 9 possible slots instead of 3 of 6. Though this leads me to: Do the detachments count towards your minimum 3 corps? That might be interesting if so.

33 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

It is since in that scenario the e-webs take up 3 of 9 possible slots instead of 3 of 6. Though this leads me to: Do the detachments count towards your minimum 3 corps? That might be interesting if so.

They definitely count just like any other unit.

21 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Whee! Maaaybe that'll shake the lists up once people start playing with them a bit.

Yup, three snipers, three corps + three detachments, and two heavy hitters. Maybe Palp an Vader together at last?

38 minutes ago, CaptainRocket said:

Yup, three snipers, three corps + three detachments, and two heavy hitters. Maybe Palp an Vader together at last?

I’m not convinced the mortar team will be as useful enough to merit 3 of them.

I guess it is board dependent. 

3 minutes ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

What does the mortar team do?

I believe it was mentioned in an interview that it’s the ATST mortar on a base. So we know the dice pool, weapon keywords and range.

We don’t know the health/courage, etc. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ExplosiveTooka said:

What does the mortar team do?

latest?cb=20180112230439

Allegedly 

7 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I believe it was mentioned in an interview that it’s the ATST mortar on a base. So we know the dice pool, weapon keywords and range.

We don’t know the health/courage, etc. 

Not gonna lie, I was hoping it was a little better....

Edited by Darth Sanguis

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

latest?cb=20180112230439

Allegedly 

Not gonna lie, I was hoping it was a little better....

Suppressive, range 4+

That's gonna generate an average of 1.125per shot.

While low profile will mitigate that damage that's two suppression tokens.  And that's you're anti sniper 

Even better, my Sniper adds the mortar to his attack pool with fire support.  

Now it's got sharpshooter.  

DLT use their suppressive weapon against snipers and add in fire support.

Nahh, I'm down with this. 

Edited by Zrob314

2 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

Suppressive, range 4+

While low profile will mitigate that damage that's two suppression tokens.  And that's you're anti sniper 

Do we know if the detachment counts against your rank count while building? I'm under the presumption it would. I don't know I'd be willing to sacrifice 2 or 3 core slots for anti-sniper.... but then our meta isn't competitively geared,  people are just starting to use 9-12 activation lists with max snipers...

12 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

That... I hadn't considered... hot ****...

2 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Do we know if the detachment counts against your rank count while building? I'm under the presumption it would. I don't know I'd be willing to sacrifice 2 or 3 core slots for anti-sniper.... but then our meta isn't competitively geared,  people are just starting to use 9-12 activation lists with max snipers...

4-6 Core slots.  You've gotta have the requisite shoretroopers to put one in. 

14 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

How many R4 options does the Empire have?

Death Troopers, DLT, HH-12, Snipers, Occupier, AT-ST, Bossk, Veers 1pip, Boba's 3 pip,

8 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

How many R4 options does the Empire have?

If I'm not missing something:

-Stormtrooper DLT
-Stormtrooper HH-12
-AT-ST MS4 Twin Blaster Cannon
-AT-ST Mortar Launcher
-Veers' command card "Maximum Firepower"
-Scout Trooper DLT
-Boba Fett's command card "Z6 Jetpack Rocket"
-Death Troopers' E11D config rifle
-Occupier Tank Lateral Quad Cannons
-Occupier Tank's hardpoint options
-Bossk

For Rebels:
-AT-RT Laser Cannon
-Leia's command card "Coordinated Bombardment"
-Rebel Commandos sniper
-1.4 FD Laser Cannon
-Rebel Pathfinders' A-300 config rifle
-Landspeeder's RPS-6 Rocket gunner

2 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

Yes, we have all the rules for Detachment in the newest RRG.

2 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

Suppressive, range 4+

Are we sure that the Mortar actually gets Fire Support?

32 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

I think the point of these detachments is that they bolster other units. Everything else about the vets and shores is comparable - I don't see why they would differ in having fire support.

35 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

I'm making an assumption based on the rebel one.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  It's still not the worst thing.  I'be got to pay 200 points to get one in my army as it is now.  This will be cheaper.

1 minute ago, Ghost Dancer said:

I think the point of these detachments is that they bolster other units. Everything else about the vets and shores is comparable - I don't see why they would differ in having fire support.

Same reason that Rebel Troopers have Nimble and Stormtroopers have Precise.  There aren't any other units that are identical between the two factions, just similar.

Just now, Zrob314 said:

I'm making an assumption based on the rebel one.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.  It's still not the worst thing.  I'be got to pay 200 points to get one in my army as it is now.  This will be cheaper.

Sure, I was just wondering if the unit card had been spoiled somewhere and I'd missed it.

1 minute ago, NeonWolf said:

Same reason that Rebel Troopers have Nimble and Stormtroopers have Precise.  There aren't any other units that are identical between the two factions, just similar.

Those are comparable abilities: aim and dodge are two sides of the same coin, so to speak. The vets and shores each have an ability based on being issued orders: imps get aim tokens, rebels get dodge. Fire support does not share similarities with another ability in this way.

I expect the Mortar Team will also have Critical - I believe in an interview the devs talked about how they wanted to give them Surge To Crit, but technically this wouldn't aid Fire Support (because you add the weapon but it's still the original unit making the attack) so they can convert a bit on those white dice. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost Dancer said:

Those are comparable abilities: aim and dodge are two sides of the same coin, so to speak. The vets and shores each have an ability based on being issued orders: imps get aim tokens, rebels get dodge. Fire support does not share similarities with another ability in this way.

Not saying you're wrong.  However, IF the mortar is the same one as from the AT-ST then it will be range 4+ while the Shoretroopers are range 1-3.  I'd say there is as good of a chance of the mortar not having Fire Support due to this as your assumption that it will because the Rebel medium blaster does have it.