Sign in to follow this  
Da_Brown_Bomber

Are you going to bother with Tactical Officer on support ships now it costs 6?

Just now, Archangelspiv said:

I think Lando EC will still take it, he doesnt want to be stressed so his ability works. I think it will be situational and if people are wanting a bid anymore.

Agree. Hard to find an extra 4pts for a card that changes a red coordinate to a white coordinate in most instances. Feels like escape craft has copped some collateral dmg here from FFG nerfing EVERYTHING that was used in Rebel Beef.

Used to staple it on my Reaper in lists that were always tight on points. You most want the coord as you 1st engage, which is often when you also want to sloop next turn.

Now, almost definitely not. It's a considerable loss there, for me. A coordinating Vermeil/Feroph just became even trickier to fly well.

However, Viziers speciality is now a little more special.

Playing scum I always took the Craft with Tac officer into account. Point increase made me reconsider. Looking to try Craft with IG88-D crew to support the IG's for example.

I like Tac Officer going up. I think the game is generally more balanced and more interesting when it's harder to un-red actions.

I'm definitely out on TO at 6, though - pushing something like Lando up to now 35 points is too steep, that four points is cutting into upgrades you don't want to lose elsewhere. It's kinda funny, the pre-season Boba/Lando/Fenn list has gotten nerfed like 5 points again. But if choosing between no decision auto-include and no decision never-include, TO being the latter is probably better for the game than the former.

It's probably up because of the Resistance Transport, right? 

1 hour ago, Archangelspiv said:

I think Lando EC will still take it, he doesnt want to be stressed so his ability works. I think it will be situational and if people are wanting a bid anymore.

Agreed. Loved my Lando + tac for 31. Well keep it in my Boba Fenn Lando list, but apart from that the escape craft lost some of its appeal. Maybe they will adjust the cost of the craft, but to be honest it is a very good shop and worth its price. 

16 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Agreed. It already had a bit of value because you could use it before doing a red move, but now it's worth proportionately much more.

Yeah, Vizier is great.

I think it's a good change. Strong upgrade and really was too cheap. It's made the Reaper decisions trickier but I do like that the pilots have slightly more specific roles as a result. If you're wanting the coord, Vizier is now a lot better, and a lot cheaper than the others at delivering it.

Vermeil to make things go bang. Feroph to be annoying.

Ships that can just do everything are not right.

Posted (edited)

Im thinking about using Jake Farrel as my "support/coordinate" ship, instead than a Uwing with Tac Officer.

Edited by LUZ_TAK
Spelling

It makes a genuine differentiator in some factions between ships with white and red coordinate respectively. Shuttle vs Reaper for example. Before the 2 pts was too little for that.

I prob think 5 pts would have been perfect but I’ll not quibble too hard.

To tell you the truth, I had already stopped putting Tac officer on my support ships.

L337: she doesn't need to do fancy flying to stay in coordinate range. Plan a turn ahead and you can keep her in range for coordinate using blue moves.

U-Wing: coordinate is an emergency backup plan. You should usually be focussing or locking to maximise offence from the U-wing.

10 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

Probably worth considering on RAC.

RAC falls into the same bucket as the U-wing: his actions are more valuable when kept on him than when handed to another ship. If you need an emergency coordinate to get another ship out of a hole, you have a red one.

I think the reaper is hurt most by the loss of coordinate, but it's a gunship in many ways not unlike the U-wing.

2 hours ago, gadwag said:

RAC falls into the same bucket as the U-wing: his actions are more valuable when kept on him than when handed to another ship. If you need an emergency coordinate to get another ship out of a hole, you have a red one.

Except a red Coordinate shuts off Maketh Tua, which shuts off RAC's passive mods.  A U-Wing, for example, can probably get by with a red Coordinate.  Their blue moves are decent enough most of the time, and there aren't too many reasons they need to be unstressed.  However, RAC cannot take stress from Coordinate and be anything close to a functional ship.

9 hours ago, gamblertuba said:

I'm convinced Rebels and Resistance should be looking at Initiative 1 Squad Leader A-wings.

The Squad Leader Phoenix A-Wing is an interesting ship to think about, and compare to something like AP-5.  Obviously, the Sheathipede isn't Hyperspace yet (Wave 5 isn't too far off, though).  AP-5 with a white coordinate is probably actually a little more maneuverable than an A-Wing on a red Coordinate.  However, what the A-Wing does great is move very fast when it *isn't* coordinating.

And of course, Squad Leader Phoenix probably isn't as good as Jake.  Passing around the focus tokens is most of what you need out of coordinate, most of the time.  Not always, but still.

6 hours ago, Max Teranous said:

It makes a genuine differentiator in some factions between ships with white and red coordinate respectively. Shuttle vs Reaper for example. Before the 2 pts was too little for that.

I prob think 5 pts would have been perfect but I’ll not quibble too hard.

Yeah.  6 might be a little steep, but it's better than the pre-adjustment price.  2 was nearly auto-include prices, and trivialized the drawback of a red coordinate.

I think the point increase was too much, there is as of wave 3 only 4 ships that can actually use the Tac Officer, the Escape Craft, Deci, U-Wing and the Reaper.

The Escape Craft was most prominent prior to the January points change in terms of playable ships and frankly that’s because the escape craft was better than a Z95 as a filler ship in lists that used them, the tac officer was just gravy.

The reaper came and went, sitting on the sidelines most of the time getting a little play but nothing significant

The U-Wing and its recent success appears to be the reason for the disproportionate price rise with Cassian being a meta staple the last few months, but if not for Leia crew arguably the U-wing wouldn't be so prevalent and tac officer wasn’t a crucial part of that plan but again mainly gravy.

Deci's, much to my sadness, just haven't been top tier in 2.0 at all. Tac officer was one of the few crew that didn’t blow out their already overcosted chassis. When I saw the latest point changes initially I was grateful that RAC came down another 4 points only to see those gains swiftly cut off at the knees with the 4 point increase on Tac Officer, basically voiding the deduction in the first place.

Unless the resistance transport is too busted with Tac officer I just don’t see it being viable anymore, sadly a victim of the Rebel beef cull.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I could be  wrong but I agree with @gadwag here... Tac Officer had its uses but I was starting to drop it. In my UXXYY build I realized the U was the most expensive ship, and, carrying Leia, always targeted first so the defensive focus was a better deal. I'll miss it on TIE Reapers I guess, but honestly the beef meta sort of made me stop flying reaper/ace/ace lists anyway. And red coordinate is still really good for the intentional slow-roll on those things 

Edited by Kieransi