Jump to content
GreenLantern1138

Couple of things about the N1

Recommended Posts

I like it, but the more I think about it the more I feel Olie’s ability should have been the chassis ability. It’s good but he’s not acey enough because it’s dependant on your opponent to work, the faction needs more 3 red dice ships and also it wouldn’t double up on an ability already in the game.

Also 4 x Bravo officer with passive sensors and proton torps is exactly 200 points. Does this list need a name?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

Also 4 x Bravo officer with passive sensors and proton torps is exactly 200 points. Does this list need a name?  

I don't know what the list is called, I just know the sound it makes as it causes an NPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

the faction needs more 3 red dice ships

Debatable. I like the abundance of 2-primary ships right now, and that they're being costed aggressively to match.

More so, I like that almost all 2-primary ships have ways of getting extra offense (usually through ordnance). The N-1 is a fantastic example of that, with passive plasmas clocking in at only 12 points (or ions at 9!) and making an excellent punch that you should have an easy time cleaning up after if you do it right.

On the other hand, all those other 2-primary ships with missile slots (V-19, TIE/ag, TIE/v1, TIE/sa, TIE/ca, TIE/sf, K-Wing, Vulture, Hyena, Scyk, Z-95, RZ-1, RZ-2, etc.) don't have this benefit because every missile costs 2 points too much and that gets multiplied as you add numbers. That lock is too hard to get and Passive Sensors, Targeting Syncronizer, Synchronized Console all come with their own costs as well. So almost every missile slot in this game is empty or filled with expensive, specialized things like Barrage, Discord, ESC, or Prockets. Every generic lock-based missile should be 2-4 points.

Ions - 2, Clusters - 3, Homing - 3, Concussions - 4

That way they can punch hard once or twice (if they can set it up right and survive) and then keep going pew pew with their guns. Doesn't that look a lot more appealing for list-building? But of course, still not auto-include. Just a shame that's not the world we live in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

When there's only one I6 in the faction it'd be nice to have another.

We are getting another. His name is Anakin Skywalker and he flies a Y-wing.

Honestly I want there to be fewer I6’s in general. I’m fine with Republic being very good I3&I4’s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You aren’t swarming with these things and expecting to win.  A few could be good in a list with an ARC and a jedi sprite (pick your flavor).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, prauxim said:

I don't know what the list is called, I just know the sound it makes as it causes an NPE

4 easy-to-fire proton torpedoes does sound suspiciously unpleasant first reading. They're a lot less capable once the torpedoes are dry, but Full Throttle does make them hard to bring down.

I'm mentally categorising it somewhere between a cruise missile/long range scanners TIE bomber squadron and deadeye contracted scouts. That's.....definitely something to keep an eye on.

11 hours ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

Does this list need a name?

Is there a particular problem with "4 x Bravo officer with passive sensors and proton torps"? :)

10 hours ago, GreenLantern1138 said:

Under rated movie

Honestly, I kind of liked the game:

220px-Star_Wars_Battle_for_Naboo_Nintend

FFG clearly did too - R2-C4 is your droid from that game, not Elberger or Captain Obvious' astromech.

I can't remember if there were any particularly daft quotes or mission names or whatever.

There was one called "Naboo Bayou", which I remember just liked because it's one of those things which sounds silly if you keep saying it over and over.

1 hour ago, lordvorkon said:

Umm...  Separatist says "Hi...?"

Sun Fac. He's not out yet, but we do know he's coming. And in a platform which can do some seriously razzle-dazzle repositioning, to boot.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Sun Fac. He's not out yet, but we do know he's coming. And in a platform which can do some seriously razzle-dazzle repositioning, to boot.

I'm aware.  Meanwhile CIS has no i6s and one i5... and Republic has a i6 and FOUR i5s (five if you count Odd Ball's two different ships separately).

And then when Sun Fac (and i5 Berwer Kart, I must admit; yay a second i5 for the faction) appears, Republic gets yet another way to field a 3-force i6 and another i5 whose name we don't know so it might be a duplicate of someone already existing.

I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, I'm just saying that Republic has had high-init pilots from release, while Separatists are getting their second and third ones two waves in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lordvorkon said:

I'm not suggesting that you're wrong, I'm just saying that Republic has had high-init pilots from release, while Separatists are getting their second and third ones two waves in.

True, but frankly the CIS was always going to be heavily reliant on droid pilots, and they shouldn't be high initiative (I'm still surprised the roger-roger separatist drone got an initiative equal to veteran human pilots like Black Squadron and Jedi Knights - I can see them being I2 and being better than Rookie/Academy/Cadet types, but I3 seems too high).

I can understand wishing Grievous had been I5 not I4, though, and I'm not specifically defending the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lordvorkon said:

And then when Sun Fac (and i5 Berwer Kart, I must admit; yay a second i5 for the faction) appears, Republic gets yet another way to field a 3-force i6 and another i5 whose name we don't know so it might be a duplicate of someone already existing.

For what it’s worth, I’m pretty sure that’s Odd Ball (again).

How long until he becomes the new Sabine (joke/meme wise)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

True, but frankly the CIS was always going to be heavily reliant on droid pilots, and they shouldn't be high initiative (I'm still surprised the roger-roger separatist drone got an initiative equal to veteran human pilots like Black Squadron and Jedi Knights - I can see them being I2 and being better than Rookie/Academy/Cadet types, but I3 seems too high).

I can understand wishing Grievous had been I5 not I4, though, and I'm not specifically defending the decision.

It is because initiative isn't pilot skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...