That Blasted Samophlange

So now that we have Bossk in hand..

IG-88 feels like a given, Dengar probably also. They got plenty of bounty hunters to use as operatives so we will probably see them come out eventually. They might switch it up though and throw in something other than a bounty hunter like some empire guy/gal from rebels or inquisitor.

I'm hoping for more ghost crew for the rebels, but we probably get Cassian "yawn" Andor.

Edited by jocke01

28 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Heh. I would want that Samurai with the throwing hat first. Also Jango Fett seems like the all too obvious first choice. 

Embo is certainly a popular choice (the Kyuzo with the hat) and had a pet wolf-thing if I recall.   

As for Jango being the obvious choice..  I respectfully disagree.   If we go by total screen time Cad Bane far surpasses Jango.   He would also bring much more visual variety to the game, has an equal number, if not more gadgets than Jango.   Has a cooler hat.  He basically does EVERYTHING Jango does, but better.   Jetboots instead of jet pack, two pistols firing rapidly, several gadgets for dealing with jedi.  Cad Bane has it all.   Even his death scene (from an unfinished clone wars episode) is better than Jango’s.  

Cad Bane was also around for the clone wars.  Whereas Jango lost his head during the first battle.   

7 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Embo is certainly a popular choice (the Kyuzo with the hat) and had a pet wolf-thing if I recall.   

As for Jango being the obvious choice..  I respectfully disagree.   If we go by total screen time Cad Bane far surpasses Jango.   He would also bring much more visual variety to the game, has an equal number, if not more gadgets than Jango.   Has a cooler hat.  He basically does EVERYTHING Jango does, but better.   Jetboots instead of jet pack, two pistols firing rapidly, several gadgets for dealing with jedi.  Cad Bane has it all.   Even his death scene (from an unfinished clone wars episode) is better than Jango’s.  

Cad Bane was also around for the clone wars.  Whereas Jango lost his head during the first battle.   

Unlike Cad Bane, Jango has a much higher audience saturation... everyone* has seen Attack of the Clones.  Comparatively few people have seen The Clone Wars (though I'd imagine it's more people than have seen Clone Wars by quite a bit).

*hyperbole, obviously

8 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

52 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Unlike Cad Bane, Jango has a much higher audience saturation... everyone* has seen Attack of the Clones.  Comparatively few people have seen The Clone Wars (though I'd imagine it's more people than have seen Clone Wars by quite a bit).

*hyperbole, obviously

I agree with Blasted Samophlange here. I think that Cad Bane is a better choice for the first Separatist/Clone Wars era bounty hunter.

While Jango might have a higher audience, I think he's too comparable to Boba Fett (well duh) to be a first pick if they want to differentiate each factions. And Cad Bane also actually operated during the Clone Wars instead instead of dying the first day and not actually fight the war.

Making Jango before Cad Bane would be like making Maul before Asajj Ventress. Going by the movies, Jango and Maul are more recognisable, but Bane and Ventress make more sense for the actual Clone Wars setting.

For the Separatist, I'm expecting first: Cad Bane, Aura Sing and Embo with Marrok.

For the Empire, I'm expecting IG-88 next and all the ESB bounty hunters eventually.... Zuckuss and 4-L0M last because they always seems to be forgotten...

Operative choices are definitely plentiful. 

Rebels can get Ghost crew, Lando, and Rogue One crew

Imperials have Inquisitors and bounty Hunters, maybe even some ISB

Republic and CIS should have some fun operatives as well. Can't wait for Cad Bane! 

Hopefully it'll be a while before they drag more bounty hunters into the game.  I've got no problem with the Operative slot, and it works well for the Rebels with Chewie and Sabine, but I really hope the other factions get Operatives that aren't bounty hunters.  The Republic has ARC troopers or lesser known Jedi out the yingyang, the CIS has a few dark siders as well as mercenaries that work better than Jango, and even the Empire could do with some specialized troops that aren't hired help. 

I am sure that if the game goes on long enough, they’ll all make it into the game.

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind seeing a non-bounty Hunter imperial operative next. Kallus is an obvious choice. Same for an inquisitor (any inquisitor). 

Rebels? I’d like to see Lando before we see too many more Rebels choices. Cassian is eh? Maybe if he has infiltrate as well so you don’t have to commit a commander to the shenanigans. And Cassian is one of the few Rebels I could see with a bounty like keyword given he starts Rogue one as a darker anti-hero compared to other rebel heroes.

For the prequels - there’s way too many options. I’ll let them sort themselves out :) 

8 minutes ago, Thraug said:

Would be cool to have a Commander that allowed an extra operative. Bounty Hunter list!!  :)

Piett would be perfect!

”Bounty Hunters, we don’t need their scum!”

Yes you do Piett... yes you do....

14 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

More screen in non movies though. Jango is so popular due to the mandalorian fetish in star wars.

9 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

More screen in non movies though. Jango is so popular due to the mandalorian fetish in star wars.

To many, the clone wars series is equally,if not more so, influential.   Great story telling, character development.   Sassy Obi-wan.   Prequels gave us memes. 

Speaking of Obi-wan, his in game appearance is lifted directly from the Clone Wars, so it is obvious they (FFG) are drawing inspiration from it.   

12 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

To many, the clone wars series is equally,if not more so, influential.   Great story telling, character development.   Sassy Obi-wan.   Prequels gave us memes. 

Speaking of Obi-wan, his in game appearance is lifted directly from the Clone Wars, so it is obvious they (FFG) are drawing inspiration from it.   

I agree, however my experience with ffg games is that they count the movies higher, I might be wrong though. 

17 hours ago, jocke01 said:

I agree, however my experience with ffg games is that they count the movies higher, I might be wrong though. 

I don't think that's true.

If I take Destiny as an exemple, in the second wave we got Asajj and Quinlan as new characters while we waited 4 waves to finally get Maul, and it was the Rebels version instead of the movie version. And that's just one exemple. So I don't think they count the prequel movies higher than the animated series.

And the Clone Wars extension for X-Wing and Legion was announced in conjunction with the 10 years anniversary of the Clone Wars series.

So if I was to guess, I would say that they'll first use the Clone Wars animated series for inspiration before using the movies.