Sign in to follow this  
Herr Style

Dodonna- It’s a Bomber!

Normally I either don’t use Squadrons or just have a token force. This time I thought I’d give this a thought: -

Assault: Precision Strike
Defense: Fighter Ambush
Navigation: Superior Positions

MC75 Armored Cruiser (104)
• General Dodonna (20)
• Caitken and Shollan (6)
• Quad Laser Turrets (5)
• Electronic Countermeasures (7)
• Ordnance Pods (3)
= 145 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)
• All fighters, Follow Me! (5)
• Boosted Comms (4)
= 69 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Bomber Command Center (8)
• Boosted Comms (4)
= 30 Points

• Comms Net (2)
• Boosted Comms (4)
= 24 Points

Squadrons:
• Biggs Darklighter (19)
• Jan Ors (19)
• 4 x X-wing Squadron (52)
• 2 x Y-wing Squadron (20)
• 2 x A-wing Squadron (22)
= 132 Points

Total Points: 400

Im not 100% on the MC75 build. I kitted it out to help whittle down a potential MMJ attack, or would I be better turning it into an Ord Cruiser and let my Squadrons be activated by the rest? My Squadron choice is limited by the fact I have core, and only 1 copy of each Sqn pack and R&V.

Posted (edited)

Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I have only been playing Armada for half a year.

Personally I am not a fan of generic Y-wings as A-wings seem too much of an upgrade for 1 point, as A-wings do similar bombing damage, and much better anti squadron.  based on the fact that you only have 2 A-wings, why not drop 1 y-wing and pay 1 more point in squadrons to upgrade both A-wings to the named pilots?

it would allow you to have more tokens on your squadrons, and Jan ors would not struggle to decide who to give tokens to as much. In addition both named A-wings have scatter tokens and brace tokens which should make them dramatically more durable.

Quad Laser turrets on your MC-75 will likely result in your opponent not sending squadrons after it, personally I would rather use it on a ship vulnerable to squadrons, or on all my ships to present no good target. I think you would be better spending those points on a turbo-laser upgrade.

Those are my thoughts, though you do have fairly light anti ship firepower in your fleet.

Edited by DakkaDakka12

Posted (edited)

Y wings get more damage antiship compatred to A-wings as they have the bomber rule and then Bomber Bommand Centre enhances this further. Y-Wing is 1.25 expected damage rather than 0.75 for an A-wing. 

I would swap to an Ordnance MC75 with ECM, OE, APTs and E-Rax. SADviser too if you can ge the points. Your Coms Net Flotilla can probably loose Boosted Comms if it is giving out tokens much of the time. Raymus, Hondo or a Vet Captain on the Pelta could be nice to keep AFFM active. 

Squadrons look fine but I would reccomend upgrading one Y-wing to Gold squadron for that extra punch. 

Edited by Mad Cat

Posted (edited)

If I could I would have actually put more Y wings in DD12, but I only have 2. However I can see the advantage of putting in a named A wing, but probably at the expense of both generic A wings not the Y wings.

I have added in the Ord Cruiser, and will not really rely on that to push Squadrons, although I still have 10. Here is my new list: -

MC75 Ordnance Cruiser (100)

• General Dodonna (20)

• Skilled First Officer (1)

• Ordnance Experts (4)

• Electronic Countermeasures (7)

• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)

• External Racks (3)

= 140 Points

Pelta Command Ship (60)

• Ray Antilles (7)

• All fighters, Follow Me! (5)

• Boosted Comms (4)

= 76 Points

• Bomber Command Center (8)

• Boosted Comms (4)

= 30 Points

• Hondo Ohnaka (2)

• Comms Net (2)

= 22 Points

Squadrons:

• Biggs Darklighter (19)

• Jan Ors (19)

• 2 x A-wing Squadron (22)

• 2 x Y-wing Squadron (20)

• 4 x X-wing Squadron (52)

= 132 Points

Total Points: 400

I put the Skilled First Officer on the Ord Cruiser as I had a spare point lol. Maybe if I ditch the 2 A wings then I could have Tycho or Shara and then fit in SA and possibly squeeze in Gold Squadron over a Y wing? 

Edited by Herr Style
Auto correct!