Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My copy just showed up, and  I gotta tell you guys, FFG really outdid themselves this time.

Only one signature ability for Clone Soldiers and Jedi, but they're not too shabby. The Deathwatch Spec is awesome, and the new weapon mods/crystals are amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 9:55 PM, StriderZessei said:

My copy just showed up, and  I gotta tell you guys, FFG really outdid themselves this time.

Only one signature ability for Clone Soldiers and Jedi, but they're not too shabby. The Deathwatch Spec is awesome, and the new weapon mods/crystals are amazing.

Are there stats for any named Characters? Like RotS had Obi-Wan, Padme, Dooku, etc.

Edited by MasterKazur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterKazur said:

Are there stats for any named Characters? Like RotS had Obi-Wan, Padme, Dooku, etc.

A few show up ,those being Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker for the Jedi, Admiral Trench for the CIS, Aurra Sing and Cade Bane for Criminals, and finally Maul, Savage Oppress, and Mother Talzin for Dark Side.

Maul's stat block is largely similar to his stats in Allies & Adversaries, with the only changes being his Hawkbat Swoop doesn't say Lightsaber (Agility) but just Lightsaber, and his lightsaber exchanging the extra rank of Breach for a rank of Defensive as well as having possession of the Darksaber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

A few show up ,those being Ahsoka Tano and Anakin Skywalker for the Jedi, Admiral Trench for the CIS, Aurra Sing and Cade Bane for Criminals, and finally Maul, Savage Oppress, and Mother Talzin for Dark Side.

Maul's stat block is largely similar to his stats in Allies & Adversaries, with the only changes being his Hawkbat Swoop doesn't say Lightsaber (Agility) but just Lightsaber, and his lightsaber exchanging the extra rank of Breach for a rank of Defensive as well as having possession of the Darksaber.

That's great.

How does Talzin stack up aginst someone like Palpatine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MasterKazur said:

That's great.

How does Talzin stack up aginst someone like Palpatine?

Not done a full comparison, but in a straight-up fight Talzin's gonna get smoked.  She's got some tricks up her sleeves, but nothing that's going to stack up to what Palps brings to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Yay!  Got my copy yesterday evening!  

Can you tree the deathwatch and give the lowdown on the crystal/mods and any drawbacks.  Also the lowdown on any semi concealable armor that could have 3 hp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Can you tree the deathwatch and give the lowdown on the crystal/mods and any drawbacks.  Also the lowdown on any semi concealable armor that could have 3 hp.

Since I was a contributor, I don't feel comfortable spoiling stuff.  However!  There's a great spoiler thea's on the Age of Rebellion board! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Can you tree the deathwatch and give the lowdown on the crystal/mods and any drawbacks.  Also the lowdown on any semi concealable armor that could have 3 hp.

The CotR spoiler thread as a link to a reddit thread where someone posted imgur links to the various specs.  The DW spec is pretty burly, especially if you've got a jetpack, and leans very much towards making use of the jetpack to dart about and a pair of blaster pistols in hand.  It'd pair well with Hired Gun's Enforcer or Mercenary Captain, perhaps Marauder for when you really need to get in close, even if it doesn't offer a Hired Gun much in the way of expanded career skills.

The only new crystal is the Cristophisis crystal, which starts at Damage 7, Crit 3, Breach 1, Sunder 1 and costs 11K credits, and can be modded for an extra rank of Breach, a rank of Knockdown, reduced crit (down to crit 1), and 3 damage mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

The CotR spoiler thread as a link to a reddit thread where someone posted imgur links to the various specs.  The DW spec is pretty burly, especially if you've got a jetpack, and leans very much towards making use of the jetpack to dart about and a pair of blaster pistols in hand.  It'd pair well with Hired Gun's Enforcer or Mercenary Captain, perhaps Marauder for when you really need to get in close, even if it doesn't offer a Hired Gun much in the way of expanded career skills.

The only new crystal is the Cristophisis crystal, which starts at Damage 7, Crit 3, Breach 1, Sunder 1 and costs 11K credits, and can be modded for an extra rank of Breach, a rank of Knockdown, reduced crit (down to crit 1), and 3 damage mods.

Are there any draw backs like it shorts out with a despair or 3 threat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Nope.  It's effectively an Ilum crystal with slightly different starting stats that exchanges Vicious for Knockdown.

Breach 2 is impressive though (totally overkill against most opponents but useful against small vehicles)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And it is "Out of Stock" already???? So they had only contributors' copies printed? This is beyond weird... (or I am, maybe?)

Edited by Spraug
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spraug said:

And it is "Out of Stock" already???? So they had only contributors' copies printed? This is beyond weird... (or I am, maybe?)

Out of stock at FFG. Because they also send to distributers and shipped out ALL of their preorders. It just means their stock is sold out. So they go liok at any other retailer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I hope, let's see if some copies make it to the Old World this time (I have a pre-order sitting at a small online shop, so hopefully I get my copy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't expecting this to be out in a store here I Sweden but it sure was a welcoming surprise. 

The classes feel more advanced and I'm not sure if these are okay for an early-era of the clone wars.

I don't remember which page it was but they had one piece of artwork that looked really bad/lazy. The one with an AT-TE and the three stock footages of clone troopers near it's legs. I felt that one was very jarring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SSB_Shadow said:

I wasn't expecting this to be out in a store here I Sweden but it sure was a welcoming surprise. 

The classes feel more advanced and I'm not sure if these are okay for an early-era of the clone wars.

I don't remember which page it was but they had one piece of artwork that looked really bad/lazy. The one with an AT-TE and the three stock footages of clone troopers near it's legs. I felt that one was very jarring. 

Use rise of separatists for early clone wars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...