thespaceinvader

Resistance Leia lack a timing, and is therefore, permanent

20 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

That manoeuvre is the one on the dial, not the one being executed.

I do not understand.  Of course it is the one on the dial of the chosen friendly ship.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dmcgee1 said:

I do not understand.  Of course it is the one on the dial of the chosen friendly ship.

The timing of the ability changes the dial.

Not just the move being done, the dial itself.  In the same way that R4 Astromech does.  As a result of changing the dial, you then do a manoeuvre with a different difficulty than the one originally revealed.

That change has no defined endpoint.  It has a start point, after the dial is revealed.

When does it end?

As I've repeatedly said, this is stupid and clearly unintended, but I'd still like to see it fixed.

Edited by thespaceinvader

Just now, thespaceinvader said:

That change has no defined endpoint.  It has a start point, after the dial is revealed. 

When does it end?

As with any maneuver, it ends when the maneuver ends.  Once THAT maneuver is completed, the reduction in difficulty no longer applies.

1 hour ago, dmcgee1 said:

As with any maneuver, it ends when the maneuver ends.  Once THAT maneuver is completed, the reduction in difficulty no longer applies.

It's not referring to a manoeuvre being executed though, it's referring to one on the dial.

I know that this isn’t agreed with everyone, but anytime you spend a charge or force charge, there is an end to the effect you’re spending the charge for or else, why spend a charge or force charge? At least for everything that i can think of.

Yes, I know the wording on the card is not good.

If Leia’s ability works the way that some people are saying it works, she could change every maneuver on a ships dial to blue at some point in the game I suppose....forever.

🤦🏻‍♂️

29 minutes ago, DarthDarxide said:

I know that this isn’t agreed with everyone, but anytime you spend a charge or force charge, there is an end to the effect you’re spending the charge for or else, why spend a charge or force charge? At least for everything that i can think of.

Yes, I know the wording on the card is not good.

There's nothing that says that the thing ends just because some arbitrary point at which you decided it should end, has passed.

The fact that the writing is bad is the point I'm trying to make.  I don't remotely think it should work this way, I'm saying the writing is bad and needs fixing.

Just like, for instance, first-printing Static Discharge Vanes did, and was fixed as a result.

I think everyone can agree that FFG has flubbed many cards wording.

But I’d have to say that if FFG’s intention is what you’re stating, then this ability would have to be double the current cost, at least.

8 minutes ago, DarthDarxide said:

But I’d have to say that if FFG’s intention is what you’re stating, then this ability would have to be double the current cost, at least.

I don't think anyone believes that is FFG's intention.  The bigger issue is that with no defined end to her timing, her ability will end at whatever point your current Rules Marshall decides it will end.  That could be before the maneuver is executed or never if you have a very strict RAW rules marshal that has no care for the rules as intended, or it could be after the maneuver is executed, or after the ship has finished activating, or after the activation phase, or after the round is complete.  Without a defined conclusion to her timing, it is up to interpretation and, as these forums often make very clear, interpretations can vary significantly from person to person.

FFG should fix this issue, at least with a post in the Official Rulings Thread if nothing else to ensure that the rules people are using are consistent for the game.

15 minutes ago, DarthDarxide said:

I think everyone can agree that FFG has flubbed many cards wording.

42 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

There's nothing that says that the thing ends just because some arbitrary point at which you decided it should end, has passed.

The fact that the writing is bad is the point I'm trying to make.  I don't remotely think it should work this way, I'm saying the writing is bad and needs fixing.

Just like, for instance, first-printing Static Discharge Vanes did, and was fixed as a result.

i wonder if it’s ok to put white out over each maneuver that gets changed from red to white and then use a blue magic marker to color the white maneuvers that change to blue?

That way we can all keep track of these forever changing maneuvers.

if the official RR doesn’t say anything about using white out or magic markers, it must be ok 👌🏼

🤦🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, DarthDarxide said:

i wonder if it’s ok to put white out over each maneuver that gets changed from red to white and then use a blue magic marker to color the white maneuvers that change to blue?

That way we can all keep track of these forever changing maneuvers.

Training Montage Intensifies

tenor.gif?itemid=5650689

Respectfully, I am done with this thread.  It is obvious that some just want to argue that the wording is poor, others - somehow - think the ability should be "permanent, and still others who simply want to bash FFG.

Have at it.  I am done.