Da_Brown_Bomber

What new points changes were most surprising?

Tie Advanced V1 - Inquisitor going down 3pts.

I have internally classified this ship as the best ship currently in the game.. was shocked to see it go down. I cant make an extended empire list without at least 1 of these ships in the list mostly i just spam them out. Naked, fully loaded whatever they are always freaking awesome. Right now my build for them is Supernatural reflexes (who does not want 3 actions a turn? only costs 8 points on this thing), fire control, proton rockets. Love this little ship of doom.

46 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Seventh Sister down 3. She was really good, and not getting played for unknown reasons.

At 43 she will now be in every single Empire list I fly.

Yup she was really solid as well, the whole platform is just amazing. 

Oh, guess I will give my thoughts on the actual topic

Sad to see some Jedi go up with 7B, though Plo and Obi are even more tempting. Anakin going up is a bit sad to, but maybe that isn't so bad, puts more pressure on the opponent to focus on him or go after cheap ally ships. I flew him with 7b, r2, and afterburners with two 104ths and a goldie, but now I am looking at trading in a Arc for a N1. 5 point bid or maybe a upgrade or two.

Juke is a suprise at first but the more I think about it the more I can see it. But man, was thinking of Ric with Juke and R2-A6, still could but more expensive. Gonna have to test it out.

I am happy that Inertial Dampeners is scaled to IN, a suprise but a welcome one.

Named Ks and generic Es getting a drop was a shock. Interested to try them out soon.

Resistance Falcon got some nice point drops, definitely gonna be experimenting with Rey a bit, maybe give Chewie a try.

Defenders got cheaper? Oh boy.... a person or two in my area likes them so here they come again.

14 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

Also Hyperspace bloating beyond meme format. Some factions are clearly favoured in it while others remain behind.

iv played hyperspace once at tourney level. played 4 fangfighters. was fun but that was right end of last yr. not much has evolved for scum in hyperspace. luckily im playing exclusively extended so the ship choice is larger and more interesting.

each faction gets to go to work and work with the rejigged points for themselves. the biggest nerf for scum hyperspace was drea +6pts and VTG +2pts and DT +1pt and lok revenants up 2pts effectively smashing the dreaLok squad that was making top16 cuts in many open events.

in Extended scum gets a cheaper Khiraxz fighter (generic is 38 and name pilots except Talonbane all got a little cheaper).  Shadowcasters got cheaper (except Ketsu) which is the change im most happy with (Shadowcaster title now 3pts). small buffs to jumpmaster5K (added gunner) are interesting but seem like too little to make them playable again. 

Tactical Officer at 6pts hurts the escape shuttle which also went up in points last round of points too.

I'm a bit surprised that the Decimator (according to Wookieepedia, normally carrying 2 crew, 2 gunners, and 6 passengers) gets three Crew slots and a Gunner, while the Lambda (normal carrying capacity being 2 crew and 20+ passengers) only gets two Crew slots.  You'd think Lambda would get the third Crew, while the Decimator could have two crew and a gunner.

5 hours ago, Icelom said:

I have internally classified this ship as the best ship currently in the game.. was shocked to see it go down. I cant make an extended empire list without at least 1 of these ships in the list mostly i just spam them out. Naked, fully loaded whatever they are always freaking awesome. Right now my build for them is Supernatural reflexes (who does not want 3 actions a turn? only costs 8 points on this thing), fire control, proton rockets. Love this little ship of doom.

All of this. My reaction can be best summed up like so...

MWAHAHHAHAHAHAAAA!

Inertial Dampeners is the biggest surprise to me. Outside of that one abusive combination with R2-D2 crew on the Falcon allowing practically infinite use, it was trash even at 1pt because of all the drawbacks: the self-damage requirement, time limitation (if you don't use it before your shields are shot down, it can't be used at all), and stress penalty.

Given that FFG took the thematic Illicit slot from the Rebel Falcon, ID was unlikely to ever see use again - costed the way it has been, it's now utterly worthless. Quite why they didn't just make it a 1 non-recurring charge (without the shield loss) in the first place I'll never know.

The other big shock was just how hard the Phantom got hit again - the 'Quad Phantom' list needed to be addressed, but it could have been done delicately by increasing the cost of the Sigma Squadron Ace in order to limit the number of Jukes (I'm not sure that needed to go up again either, but that's a seperate discussion) available by virtue of points. Instead it feels like the whole thing got hit with a sledgehammer, and I'm really not convinced the named ones needed to go up any further.

Overall, the changes feel like heavy-handed responses to the top performing lists, more than carefully considered balance tweaks.

5 minutes ago, MalusCalibur said:

Inertial Dampeners is the biggest surprise to me. Outside of that one abusive combination with R2-D2 crew on the Falcon allowing practically infinite use, it was trash even at 1pt because of all the drawbacks: the self-damage requirement, time limitation (if you don't use it before your shields are shot down, it can't be used at all), and stress penalty.

Given that FFG took the thematic Illicit slot from the Rebel Falcon, ID was unlikely to ever see use again - costed the way it has been, it's now utterly worthless. Quite why they didn't just make it a 1 non-recurring charge (without the shield loss) in the first place I'll never know.

The other big shock was just how hard the Phantom got hit again - the 'Quad Phantom' list needed to be addressed, but it could have been done delicately by increasing the cost of the Sigma Squadron Ace in order to limit the number of Jukes (I'm not sure that needed to go up again either, but that's a seperate discussion) available by virtue of points. Instead it feels like the whole thing got hit with a sledgehammer, and I'm really not convinced the named ones needed to go up any further.

Overall, the changes feel like heavy-handed responses to the top performing lists, more than carefully considered balance tweaks.

I so agree about ID.

The only use/abuse was Inert/Super Obese Han.

So after that whole ship lost that slot why wreck ID for every other ship.

I feel it's a poorly designed card that has such little value on low initive ships especially as it requires a sheild to be spent and leaves you stressed.

The old (1.0) Inertial Dampeners was much better, and would at least be usable by other ships.

Drea was most certainly not on my radar at all.  I was not expecting that.  Trick shot doubling *again* was also unexpected but I'm fine with that.  Hate getting priced on base size was something I thought was sort of needed (my own prediction was hull based) but not at the pricing levels they took it to.  Man SithBro's and Dreadloks got BLOWN UP.

6 hours ago, Gilarius said:

In the UK, there have been quite a few Hyperspace Trials won by 2 Jedi 2 Torrents. They've been popular and doing well, and also receive a lot of whinging about the Force removing agency from their opponents.

I expected them to go up.

The anakin +mace or ahsoka lost the regen.

I think that matters.

3 minutes ago, viedit said:

Drea was most certainly not on my radar at all.  I was not expecting that.  Trick shot doubling *again* was also unexpected but I'm fine with that.  Hate getting priced on base size was something I thought was sort of needed (my own prediction was hull based) but not at the pricing levels they took it to.  Man SithBro's and Dreadloks got BLOWN UP. 

It's possible they are erring on the side of caution with Drea since she's been in top scum lists since launch. At 49 you can still get a 7 ship Drea swarm, but not with any quadjumpers.

1 minute ago, Tlfj200 said:

The anakin +mace or ahsoka lost the regen.

I think that matters.

Super does.  Can't totally disengage and get back up past half health.  Now they are on a lot tighter clock.

Most surprising....  Most surprising....  Huh.  The most surprising thing I'm seeing as I scroll through my current lists is that while I mainly fly Scum, more than half of my lists will become illegal.  I generally build out to 200.  And while the ships didn't go up, the most common (most useful) upgrades did.  Actually, as I think about, I am also surprised that the Scyk didn't get any help.  Are Autoblasters really that good?

Also, they dropped Silencers?  I've got a couple of locals who are going to *love* that.  They were already wizards with those things, and now they get more options?

Drea - I expected Dreadloks to get hit, but Drea alone was hit harder than expected. 

Tactical Officer - Wasn't expecting this to be addressed even though we knew 2 pts was too little for this upgrade.

Warden Sq Pilot K-Wings - I was on the lookout for 4Ks to not be touched and them to rise up in the extended meta, but this was a welcomed, albeit surprising change.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Plo Koon was understandable, but Obi-Wan going down as much as he did offers another strongly costed 3 force pilot, now at i5.

Hate/Infiltrators - The scaling on this severely hurts Infiltrators and maybe too much. 3/5/7 seems more fair for the price. I just didn't expect Hate and the Infiltrators in total to get hit as hard as they did. 

7 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

the biggest nerf for scum hyperspace was drea +6pts and VTG +2pts and DT +1pt and lok revenants up 2pts effectively smashing the dreaLok squad that was making top16 cuts in many open events.

🤨 Dreadloks wasn't Hyperspace legal, its only components that were are Vet Tur and Dorsal Tur... 

2 hours ago, MalusCalibur said:

They've also adjusted Season Navigator in the exact same way (the 2 upgrades even have the same costs). Both give high init a very strong advantage to just go "Nope, changed my mind." when they activate, after the rest of the field in many cases. That is why ID is now priced the way it is...

10 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

why didnt FFG adopt this concept with a pilot or ship in each faction? dropping a single pilot 6pts is already going to have an impact but to buff a pilot that is already fairly priced is basically saying 'we want you to put this guy in every jedi squad'.

imagine a 6pt drop to Kavil, Nym or even a pilot Zuckuss? players are going to throw him in virtually every squad.

I’ve never even *heard* of anyone taking Zuckuss. -6 points might actually see some play...

Honestly everything that happened to Republic surprised me.  The reductions to Torrents and the Squad Seven Veteran were justified, I just didn’t think it would happen this quickly.

I thought Jedi were mostly fairly priced across the board, and 7B in particular seemed fair, so those changes baffled me (and not only because I loved running Anakin, Ahsoka and 2 golds).

Honestly, I would prefer it if variable cost upgrades changed prices when a ship’s stats change.  A shield upgrade or an R2 astromech has more value on a 3 agility ship, I get it.  However, a 7B delta is no longer a 3 agility ship.  Why does it pay a premium for value it doesn’t have?

Anyway, on to other surprises.  The increase to Maul, Dooku and Hate, plus the reductions to Belbullabs, plus the absolutely stupid price of 32C feels like it kind of pushed the Separatists into having one viable archetype (Wat/Grievous + Vulture swarm).  I also have a premonition that the drop to landing/grappling struts and the increase to trick shot may result in some asteroid turret shenanigans that could be an NPE in the future.

My other faction, Resistance, was mostly expected.  Everything there seems fine.  The YTs dropping was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

11 minutes ago, Matanui3 said:

I’ve never even *heard* of anyone taking Zuckuss. -6 points might actually see some play...

Zuckuss is fine, seen lots of play locally before. The only reason I don’t see him currently is because a lot of Scum players hopped on Separatists.

4-Lom is better, but Zuckuss is a solid heavy puncher. -6 on him would be insane and very very broken.

8 hours ago, Icelom said:

Can you give examples of good lists? I'd love to fly the ship but I've nit seen anyone use it! 

8 minutes ago, Goseki1 said:

Can you give examples of good lists? I'd love to fly the ship but I've nit seen anyone use it! 

TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 45
    Inquisitor - (38)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Homing Missiles (5)

Inquisitor - (38)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Homing Missiles (5)

Inquisitor - (38)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Homing Missiles (5)

Lambda-class T-4a Shuttle - •Colonel Jendon - 64
    •Colonel Jendon - Darth Vader’s Shuttle Pilot (46)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Tractor Beam (2)
        •Minister Tua (7)
        Hull Upgrade (3)
        •ST-321 (4)

Total: 199/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Have not lost with this, the missiles are to hit high evasion ships against other ships the firecontrol + focus/force is enough to get some serious damage in, with the force token there you are very hard to kill and your offense is surprisingly strong.

TIE Advanced v1 - •Seventh Sister - 54
    •Seventh Sister - Sadistic Interrogator (46)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Sense (6)

TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 55
    Inquisitor - (38)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Proton Rockets (7)
        Supernatural Reflexes (8)

TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor - 55
    Inquisitor - (38)
        Fire-Control System (2)
        Proton Rockets (7)
        Supernatural Reflexes (8)

TIE/ag Aggressor - Onyx Squadron Scout - 36
    Onyx Squadron Scout - (32)
        Ion Cannon Turret (4)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

I flew this recently to good effect.. 3x actions a turn on the inquisitors is pretty nuts the aggressor was there just to grab ions to lineup the proton rockets easier. the supernatural lets you easily get the lock without giving up a focus and repositioning action to do so, or once you have a lock you can be Focus+re-positing+evade and be a 1v1 god.

Really a generic inquisitor with proton rockets is simply a beast. **** a naked inquisitor is a beast. Its the very good movement dial coupled with very strong linked actions and a force that make it so very good. 

It would be very hard to convince me that the TIE Advanced v1 - Inquisitor is not the best ship in the game.

1 hour ago, millertime059 said:

Zuckuss is fine, seen lots of play locally before. The only reason I don’t see him currently is because a lot of Scum players hopped on Separatists.

4-Lom is better, but Zuckuss is a solid heavy puncher. -6 on him would be insane and very very broken.

I like Zuck. He's good. Was a little disappointed he didn't drop.... 2?

He's too easy to stack upgrades on and kinda adds up. Without anything added, his extra dice, wonky dial and rapidly disappearing health make it a tricky 45pt to justify. Kavil plus Dorsal is 46.