Jump to content
Da_Brown_Bomber

What new points changes were most surprising?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Tactical Officer up 4 to 6pts. Coordinate is very good and will still see play. Squad Leader seems even more viable at least on low init pilots given this recent nerf to TO. 

Is this collateral damage from Rebel Beef nerf. Probably.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Swarm Tactics, initiative based.

Shadowcaster title down to 3pts from 6pts.

Guru up 1pt.

Maul crew up 1pt. 

Guri, yeah; didn't really see her as an issue. But oh, well, it's fine. I'm mainly just mad I haven't been able to try out the list yet (except on the amazing Fly Casual sim) and now have to re-tool it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Jedi dropping. Obi-wan down by 6 points was very surprising.

Guri up by 1 was surprising.

Juke increasing was surprising. I thought it was good where it was at. Only the phantoms needed to be increased in my opinion.

Trick Shot up by 2 came out of left field for me but makes perfect sense why it happened.

Vynder going back to 41 is surprising. Sure some lists with him won some tournaments but he wasn't nearly the pain point like Rebel Beef and Quad Phantoms.

Edited by Skitch_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Skitch_ said:

The Jedi dropping. Obi-wan down by 6 points was very surprising.

why didnt FFG adopt this concept with a pilot or ship in each faction? dropping a single pilot 6pts is already going to have an impact but to buff a pilot that is already fairly priced is basically saying 'we want you to put this guy in every jedi squad'.

imagine a 6pt drop to Kavil, Nym or even a pilot Zuckuss? players are going to throw him in virtually every squad.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Octarine-08 said:

Anakin and 7B going up was a big surprise. He was pretty good, but I think the R2 change would have handled it.

Rey felt like she needed to go down, but 7 was unexpected.

 

does starfighter title change much. Anakin must be hurting most with double increase?

republic needed some help so im ok with -7 for Rey.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Juke getting the hit it did surprised me.

I was practicing a list with 2 copies that I thought would be pretty safe from the changes (if anything, I expected it to drop a little) and it now doesn't fit.

It's curious to me, as at 5pts I was using it on Duchess with 5th Bro Gunner for 56pts of awesome, and it felt good even though I didn't get the free evade. At 7pts, it is probably still ok in that build (it was 58pts before the first points change and still did ok) but now it is just a bit harder to fit into lists.

Seeing Sloane drop surprised me. It is only a small amount, but still curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

does starfighter title change much. Anakin must be hurting most with double increase?

republic needed some help so im ok with -7 for Rey.

7b is up by 2 across all inits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

theyre still very strong. force mods are game changing when managed effectively.

How many times did you read "Republic won a Hyperspace / SoS"?

Yes, zero. Why up the points? Just to sell more Naboo cause except handmaidens they are dirt cheap in points and you can free some points by swapping 2 gold squad vs 1 Ric Olie?

Dont get me wrong, the Jedi are pretty good, as is a lot of other stuff in this game, but they were not dominating in any way, cause they were allready expensive.

I get the R2 +2, but i neither get the Anakin +2 nor the 7B.

Anakin actually got +4 at least, while the most powerful, most dominating Ini6 in Wedge only got +3. 

If you want to stick with R2, which you are almost forced to cause Ani is 82 without it and its the only "protection" you can buy, its even +6.

Thats the hardest nerf in the list to a Pilot that didnt win one ******* Tournament, while Wedge won like 50% and only got +3. 

I dont get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not expecting Sith Infiltrators to get hit as hard as they did. At an increase of 8 points each, the Maul/Dooku pairing is probably dead. I think Maul will still see play, but Dooku's probably done. 

I was surprised that Scum didn't see more reductions. Boba's been unplayable since the Marauder nerf, and today's changes don't fix that.

As others note, I was not expecting Juke to be hit as hard as it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rangor said:

How many times did you read "Republic won a Hyperspace / SoS"?

Yes, zero. Why up the points? Just to sell more Naboo cause except handmaidens they are dirt cheap in points and you can free some points by swapping 2 gold squad vs 1 Ric Olie?

Dont get me wrong, the Jedi are pretty good, as is a lot of other stuff in this game, but they were not dominating in any way, cause they were allready expensive.

I get the R2 +2, but i neither get the Anakin +2 nor the 7B.

Anakin actually got +4 at least, while the most powerful, most dominating Ini6 in Wedge only got +3. 

If you want to stick with R2, which you are almost forced to cause Ani is 82 without it and its the only "protection" you can buy, its even +6.

Thats the hardest nerf in the list to a Pilot that didnt win one ******* Tournament, while Wedge won like 50% and only got +3. 

I dont get it

While seeing Ani go up in points makes me sad I think that card creator guy Paul La Rue won a Trial or two with Republic. I also won a Trial in Evansville Indiana starring Anakin, so its not like they can't perform well.

Granted I will admit I was the only Republic guy in top 8 and maybe 2 in top 16 there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FO main here: delighted! Drops all across the board, even in good stuff like Midnight and Blackout! 2pt Upsilon bump is a small price to pay for salvation (we'll miss you, Thannison!), especially when 2U Kylo is still alive! We can slap on a niche force power too to make use of that last point.

Also, Rex + Whisper will never die, not even 1 year later! Slap passive sensors and motherf***king proton torpedoes on a gunboat as their best wingmate yet in the archetype!🤣 Despite Juke + Whisper bumps again!!!! 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

 I was surprised that Scum didn't see more reductions. Boba's been unplayable since the Marauder nerf, and today's changes don't fix that.

^this. Shadowcaster got some minor buffs and remains a solid option for scum in extended. Choose two init 4-5 wingmen and uv got a decent squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Seventh Sister down 3. She was really good, and not getting played for unknown reasons.

At 43 she will now be in every single Empire list I fly.

Because she's a very expensive 2 red dice ship at a mostly irrelevenat initiative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

While seeing Ani go up in points makes me sad I think that card creator guy Paul La Rue won a Trial or two with Republic. I also won a Trial in Evansville Indiana starring Anakin, so its not like they can't perform well.

Granted I will admit I was the only Republic guy in top 8 and maybe 2 in top 16 there.

Yeah, Jedi were showing up here and there in top 16 but not dominating anything, definitely didn't feel deserving of a big neft. My trip Delta list went up 8 pts. Obi will see more play now in support roles but overall I feel like Jedi got downgraded to b-tier for no good reason.

Edited by prauxim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, prauxim said:

Yeah, Jedi were showing up here and there in top 16 but not dominating anything, definitely didn't feel deserving of a big neft. My trip Delta list went up 8 pts. Obi will see more play now in support roles but overall I feel like Jedi got downgraded to b-tier for no good reason.

In the UK, there have been quite a few Hyperspace Trials won by 2 Jedi 2 Torrents. They've been popular and doing well, and also receive a lot of whinging about the Force removing agency from their opponents.

I expected them to go up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...