Trip Silencers

Posted (edited)

Kylo 2 I4 Silencers

(76) Kylo Ren [TIE/vn Silencer] (3) Brilliant Evasion Points: 79

(58) First Order Test Pilot [TIE/vn Silencer] (2) Fanatical Points: 60

(58) First Order Test Pilot [TIE/vn Silencer] (2) Fanatical Points: 60

Total points: 199

Edited by DXCrazytrain

I dunno.  I know Brilliant Evasion got buffed, and Kylo being a 3-agility ship might be one of the better ones to use it, but it just irks me to fly the two silencer pilotss who didn't have their points go down.  Also, Brilliant Evasion vs Hate seems like a tough choice for the same 3 points.  Both can be seen as saving force points.  Brilliant Evasion lets you spend 1 when you'd otherwise need to spend 2, but only when you roll 2 focus.  Hate does mean you have to take damage, but that often happens in a game whether you want it to happen or not.

However, what about this:

• Kylo (shirtless) 76
  • Blackout (Fanatical) 65
    • I was already on the fence between Fanatical/Trick Shot, but considering that TS went up 2 points, I'm fine with just Fanatical.  I stink at getting obstructed shots anyhow.
  • Avenger (Fanatical) 59
    • Init 3 rather than Init 4 is unfortunate, but Blackout being Init 5 seems like enough of an improvement that it's worth it.
    • Being a point cheaper than a FOTP seems like it'll make Avenger potentially actually playable.
    • And the free action might come in handy, particularly considering that with Autothrusters, it can potentially be two actions.  Maybe Avenger simply sat somewhere with a Focus and no stress.  Then someone dies, and you can Lock and Boost, maybe getting a shot when you didn't have one in the first place.  I can see myself being surprised by this ability actually mattering in some games.
  • Total 200

I don't love Hate on Kylo because you don't want him taking shots and Brilliant Evasion seems more in line with that goal. With B.E. Kylo can more often take a target lock and use one force for an eyeball and save the other Force for defense. With the target lock he should really only need one force cuz hopefully he can roll more hits. And then on defense one force is as good as a focus token mathematically. I think. That's what I want to test anyway.

Dang, I'm happy I wasn't the only one with a similar idea. Give me some hope that's it's not all bad :P.

I played
Kylo - Advan. Optic
FO Test Pilot - Fanatic
FO Test Pilot - Fanatic
200 points
and it was wonderful. Lost 1 game, won 2. The one I lost was arguably because of lack of bid (Played against @dotswarlock 2 brobots, both with I4, and he too had a full 200 points. Lost the roll off and let's just say the the game was pretty short after that.) I think the list just a few points less to be truly competitive ( changing advanced optic for hate is probably the right call here in that case!) But it's definitly lot's of fun!

Recoil with Marksmanship seems like they could be an interesting wingmate to Kylo.  59 points, with a crit-forcing talent to try to trigger ISYTDS.

I suppose that's the same price as Avenger with Fanatical.  Hrm.

Kylo/Fanatical Blackout/Marksmanship Recoil...

5 minutes ago, Ryuneke said:

Whats interesting:

You can run Recoil for the same cost as the Test Pilot. Both have the same initiative. So Recoils ability is 0 points or the FO Test Pilot is overpriced...

Going with a bullseye-based talent rather than Fanatical is pretty even, and mostly just a different style rather than a more powerful ship.  But all in all, it seems like a decent-enough pilot ability to price at 0 points (50 point Joy Reckoff when?).  Proton Rockets might gain substantially with the pilot ability, however.

Say...

Two Fanatical/Proton Rocket FOTP, Marksmanship/Proton Rocket Recoil. That's some spike-damage potential.  I know I've wished for a 1-point cut to the FOTP just to run 3x Fanatical P-Rocket, and Marksmanship on Recoil can kinda become that cut.

So after fiddling with the squad builder all week, I think I finally found the right combination.

Silencer Salad (200/200) =======================

TIE/vn Silencer: Kylo Ren (76 + 9) + Sense (5) + Advanced Optics (4)

TIE/vn Silencer: First Order Test Pilot (58 + 6) + Fanatical (2) + Advanced Optics (4)

TIE/vn Silencer: Sienar-Jaemus Engineer (51)

I'm pretty eager to play it tomorrow night. We'll see how it goes.

7 minutes ago, DXCrazytrain said:

So after fiddling with the squad builder all week, I think I finally found the right combination.

Silencer Salad (200/200) =======================

TIE/vn Silencer: Kylo Ren (76 + 9) + Sense (5) + Advanced Optics (4)

TIE/vn Silencer: First Order Test Pilot (58 + 6) + Fanatical (2) + Advanced Optics (4)

TIE/vn Silencer: Sienar-Jaemus Engineer (51)

I'm pretty eager to play it tomorrow night. We'll see how it goes.

Sense Kylo + Engineer seems cool.  All aboard the block train!

I'm not gonna lie, I like 2 more fully formed Silencers and a cheap 3rd, whether it be a silencer or otherwise. Kylo with Hate and AdOps and Recoil with Predator and AdOps, the 2 best silencers for sheer efficiency imo, leave room for a basic generic, 2 Epsilon blockers, or a TIE F/O ace

11 hours ago, Ryuneke said:

Any news regarding this archetype? I’m looking forward playing it anytime soon. 

There will probably be more variant once Vonreg's interceptor comes out. Something like one Tie-Ba supported by 2 silencers, things like that (It won't be true tripslancer, but it will probably be close enough! :P)

I tried this last game night:

TIE/vn Silencer - First Order Test Pilot - 67
    First Order Test Pilot - (58)
        Fanatical (2)
        Proton Rockets (7)

TIE/vn Silencer - •“Recoil” - 66
    •“Recoil” - Quantity Over Quality (58)
        Marksmanship (1)
        Proton Rockets (7)

TIE/vn Silencer - First Order Test Pilot - 67
    First Order Test Pilot - (58)
        Fanatical (2)
        Proton Rockets (7)

Total: 200/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

Lost every single game. I don't know if it is the list or me. My impression is that these three ships are fillers. I was missing an ace or a star with fancy habilities.

19 hours ago, DarthSempai said:

There will probably be more variant once Vonreg's interceptor comes out. Something like one Tie-Ba supported by 2 silencers, things like that (It won't be true tripslancer, but it will probably be close enough! :P)

I think two is in a better spot than three, though I appreciate that isn’t as cool.

Kylo and Blackout with Midnight for example. Or perhaps two Epsilon Pilots?