Sign in to follow this  
kingofpain97

Padme and eyeball rerolls

1 minute ago, kingofpain97 said:

If you roll 3 focus symbols against padme on attack, how many dice could you reroll with a target lock?

that ship can modify only 1 Icon action focus result 

Only 1. Rerolls count as dice modifications. 

5 hours ago, kingofpain97 said:

That’s what I thought but wanted to be sure!  Thanks!

Just to be clear, *anything* you do during the modify dice step, is a die modification. Even spending an focus result would be limited to 1 by Padme'. Even Han's ability that "doesnt count as a die roll" *does* still count as a modification. Her ability is pretty limiting to ships/ability's that need focus results to work.

1 hour ago, RejjeN said:

I get the feeling they missed that during testing... 😕

I doubt it. She's the most expensive N-1, so she's paying more for her ability than Anakin is for his Force point and ability combined at the same initiative. And for her ability to be useful the opponent needs to be in her arc, and also have multiple eyeball results, and also have mods for her to deny. It's a solid ability, but it has plenty of limitations and she pays out the nose for it.

4 hours ago, Maui. said:

I doubt it. She's the most expensive N-1, so she's paying more for her ability than Anakin is for his Force point and ability combined at the same initiative. And for her ability to be useful the opponent needs to be in her arc, and also have multiple eyeball results, and also have mods for her to deny. It's a solid ability, but it has plenty of limitations and she pays out the nose for it.

I've seen her used with reasonable effectiveness in conjunction with Luminara Unduli (who can downgrade enemy hits into focus results) and Juke (which can downgrade evade results).  On paper, at least, it's a solid way to reduce your opponent's effectiveness, though it's not the easiest thing to do, to keep her targets in-arc.

9 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

There are only 2 N1s other than her, that can take it, for a reason.

3 N1's (Ric, Dinee, and Anakin).  Only the Naboo Handmaiden and Bravo Flight Officer are missing talent slots.

4 minutes ago, joeshmoe554 said:

3 N1's (Ric, Dinee, and Anakin).  Only the Naboo Handmaiden and Bravo Flight Officer are missing talent slots.

Dinee *can* take it, but she really doesn't want it, for the same reason Midnight doesn't want it in 2e.