Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

So which popular lists did not die/got better in the new update?

Posted (edited)

Seems like the new update hammered a lot of the old meta, but some of it seems to be bubbling through. Which ones are you noticing? Two of them jumped out at me.

Wat Tambor w/ six ESC Trade Federation Drones plus Kraken. The full list went down a point, leaving the combo with 4 points to play with as a bid. I can easily see this one taking over as a dominant meta pick.

Hot Rod: The 4 point price reduction to every Decimator pilots more than offset the price increases to Whisper and Juke. My own personal favorite variant actually frees up a point, allowing me to replace the Hull Upgrade with a Shield.

Edited by PhantomFO

Posted (edited)

My favorite TIE Salad didn't change a point so that makes me happy!

Edited by Merrick_H
Misread title of the original post - editing for relevancy.

The mix-and-match of point increases and decreases left FO in about the same place.   Overall they'll probably be a little stronger now that some other dominant lists were toned down.

Rebel Beef did not die with this point upgrade. The ultimate form (Wedge, Cassian/Leia, Braylen, Ten) got killed, but there are a lot of other tier-1 options out there to make very competitive Beef lists I imagine. Leia was only raised 4 points afterall and they didn´t touch any of the U and X wing pilots besides Wedge and Cassian.

10 minutes ago, Sixter said:

Rebel Beef did not die with this point upgrade. The ultimate form (Wedge, Cassian/Leia, Braylen, Ten) got killed, but there are a lot of other tier-1 options out there to make very competitive Beef lists I imagine. Leia was only raised 4 points afterall and they didn´t touch any of the U and X wing pilots besides Wedge and Cassian.

Change whatever your fourth ship was for Jake or Arvel and it's just fine.

1 minute ago, millertime059 said:

Was there anything using Debris Gambit? I’ve not seen anyone mention that getting bumped again, now to 4.

Its now a dead talent I think. It was practically so before (though my X1’s used it)

HWKs were the main ones in wave 1, but it was wasn't hyperspace legal so it dropped out of use.

4 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Was there anything using Debris Gambit? I’ve not seen anyone mention that getting bumped again, now to 4.

Fett went down 1, Debris Gambit probably went up to maintain the nuking of his wave 1& 2 token stacking.

I think the I 5 Deltas might've actually gotten cheaper

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)    
    R2 Astromech (6)    
    Delta-7B (19)    

Ship total: 72  Half Points: 36  Threshold: 3    

104th Battalion Pilot (42)    
Ship total: 42  Half Points: 21  Threshold: 5    

Total: 198    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v7!s=200!278:,2,201,:;341:,,,,:;341:,,,,:;341:,,,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Posted (edited)

Resistance 5s lost L'ulo but was otherwise untouched. With the drop to most Xs it could be much better.

Also 2x Starfortress + Something looks like a real possibility now, which is crazy:

Resistance Beef

Rey - 73

Cat, Proton Bombs - 62

Vennie, Proton Bombs - 65

Total: 200

Edited by ClassicalMoser