Sign in to follow this  
Tokra

Some Progress going on

Posted (edited)

What’s the general timeline again after ‘on the boat’? It’s been a little bit since that bit of knowledge has been used.

PS: perhaps this could mean an article on the campaign this Friday? Fingers crossed...

Edited by cadetvw
Added words

2 minutes ago, Karneck said:

Roughly 30-45 days or more.

Depends on how fast the boat is, and how many stops it needs to make.

RitR before Gencon. Very unlikely.

RitR for Nova? Much better chance.

7 weeks till German Grand Championships.
8 weeks till European Continental Championships.

I really hope they are in store in time. Would be so sad if these both are without the new cards.

It will likely be out in August I hope for July, and with FFGs lack of ability in updating the upcoming page its possible and I think likely that ritr has been on the boat for a few weeks already. I wouldn't hold my breath, but I think its more likely then most think that it could drop in July.

... along with reprints of R&Vs and Chimaeras.

But the SSD is still languishing In Development, which doesn't sound good.

Back when I was tracking the Upcoming page, times for On the Boat to In Stores Now averaged around 45 days, but could go as low as 13 or as high as 100.

3 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

Back when I was tracking the Upcoming page, times for On the Boat to In Stores Now averaged around 45 days, but could go as low as 13 or as high as 100.

No. None of your crying, this is a happy thread for happy people. Big smile and a party hat on or I'm shipping you the entire cassetography of My Chemical Romance and a crate of black eyeliner.

I'm jazzed for RITR to get here. Seriously folks this is going to be a great expansion. 

4 minutes ago, zingerwhip said:

I am really hoping this helps me get some interest in my area!!

I imagine the smaller campaign, will be way better to bring new players in on. I plan to run one ASAP.

38 minutes ago, ISD Avenger said:

Why reprint R&V? This is probably one of the easier to get packs these days. Arquitens, squad pack 2 etc are the hard to get items still

They are not reprinting these set for fun. If they do it, there is a request for it.
And it might be, that they want to be prepared for the campaign. The R&V ones are need for the new squadrons, and maybe they assume that there will be a bigger demand.

8 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

Something to consider is how haphazardly they update that page I I seen things jump from in development to in store. It is entirely possible the SSD is on the boat with ritr just has not been updated.

10 hours ago, Alzer said:

No. None of your crying, this is a happy thread for happy people. Big smile and a party hat on or I'm shipping you the entire cassetography of My Chemical Romance and a crate of black eyeliner.

I assume you feel this is a bad thing? If I get free MCR out of it, I suppose I could bring my complaints into this thread...

I hope this is a positive sign and we don't end up with an "On The Boat" for 100+ days situation. Personally, I am WAY more excited for the campaign than I am for the SSD. New squadrons and (more importantly) new objectives just might be enough of a shake up to raise the game from the dead around here.

Posted (edited)

Just having a quick look at the (little) data we have on the campaign and I think it'll be better for the game than the ships (both the SSD & the 2 un yet revealed ones) in that it can be smaller fleets on smaller tables so people can fit the games in AND FINISH them in the few hours a gaming club is open.

edit - PS it is quite funny when you look at 'recent' news for armada and see the date.... March 19 :P

Edited by slasher956

2 hours ago, IronNerd said:

I assume you feel this is a bad thing? If I get free MCR out of it, I suppose I could bring my complaints into this thread...

I hope this is a positive sign and we don't end up with an "On The Boat" for 100+ days situation. Personally, I am WAY more excited for the campaign than I am for the SSD. New squadrons and (more importantly) new objectives just might be enough of a shake up to raise the game from the dead around here.

I'm honestly neutral to MCR as a whole, just playing on the stereotype. 

1 hour ago, Thraug said:

I'm still surprised there isn't a campaign revolving around the SSD.

From what I remember the Corellian Conflict campaign was supposed to be that. But they had to give up on it when they realised they weren't going to get the SSD ready in time.

1 hour ago, Ginkapo said:

I'll take a free copy as well please.

K thx bye

You don't own the entire collection on vinyl? Ugh, get outta my Hot Topic. Abercrombie is down the hall, I bet they have Nickleback playing there.

You probably can't even name Gerard Way's blood type, you fake fan!

Quick turnaround because there's no plastic involved I assume. It's a good thing that Armada is receiving some love.

Wonder if the SSD will ever ship... It's got to be a serious issue if they can't get a final production run approved this late in the game.