Force Majeure

New Points Update #2

24 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

What's with Angled Deflectors, anyways? Are there any Agility 0 ships aside from the Decimator and Ghost? Both of which have white reinforces, no? I can kindof see how lower agility gives it more value (generally higher health), but it feels weird.

In the same way as there are points for 7B and CLT at init values that don't exist, I assume they include the costs for the ones that don't exist just to avoid it being unclear where the scale is starting, which makes sense, though I would have just included a dash in those slots rather than a value myself.

2 minutes ago, K13R4N said:

(46) Black Sun Enforcer [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(3) Passive Sensors
(9) Plasma Torpedoes

(46) Black Sun Enforcer [StarViper-class Attack Platform]
(3) Passive Sensors
(9) Plasma Torpedoes

(38) Cartel Marauder [Kihraxz Fighter]
(3) Contraband Cybernetics

(38) Cartel Marauder [Kihraxz Fighter]
(3) Contraband Cybernetics

Total points: 198

ūüĎÄūüĎÄūüĎÄūüĎÄūüĎÄ

Don't think I like passive/plasma on Starvipers, just seems like an strictly worse carrier than the N1. Less relative power gain and more opportunity cost to use PS (not using linked econ, bendy BR, and 3 green defense suffers much more from lack of mods than 2 green + evade)

3 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

In the same way as there are points for 7B and CLT at init values that don't exist, I assume they include the costs for the ones that don't exist just to avoid it being unclear where the scale is starting, which makes sense, though I would have just included a dash in those slots rather than a value myself.

I mean either ship could technically equip it, so there has to be some value.

28 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

What's with Angled Deflectors, anyways? Are there any Agility 0 ships aside from the Decimator and Ghost? Both of which have white reinforces, no? I can kindof see how lower agility gives it more value (generally higher health), but it feels weird.

Durability = HP * defense

E.g. Bwings are considered "beefy", but they're not actually that durable since their defense is so low, they're about the same as a T-65, 4/4 is needed just to be able to achieve that

Reinforce however gives defense closer to 3 agi than 2. A reinforced Bwing has as much durability as a 10HP Firespray!

Posted (edited)

One Hyena config that might not be horrible is Techno + ESC + Adv. Protons + Struts = 38

It'll require support (32-c, 311; networked etc.) to get really up to snuff, BUT it also only costs as much as a Barrage Scimitar Bomber (+1 point for struts, which basically allow it to be asteroid/debris immune)

Of course, Baktoid + passive sensors + diamond-boron + struts = 38 is our only source of Diamond-Boron fire. 

DBS-404 is only 36 points with ESC + struts. That doesn't sound bad at all, especially with strut shenanigans.

Finally, Discord Missiles may end up being a sleeper hit. Might even replace ESC on your Vultures! Will have to test. 

32-c (kraken, struts) = 53

404 (plasma, struts) = 40

Baktoid (passive, boron, struts) = 38

3 Trade Fed Vultures (discords) = 69...heh

= 200

Edited by ficklegreendice

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

One Hyena config that might not be horrible is Techno + ESC + Adv. Protons + Struts = 38

It'll require support (32-c, 311; networked etc.) to get really up to snuff, BUT it also only costs as much as a Barrage Scimitar Bomber (+1 point for struts, which basically allow it to be asteroid/debris immune)

Of course, Baktoid + passive sensors + diamond-boron + struts = 38 is our only source of Diamond-Boron fire. 

DBS-404 is only 36 points with ESC + struts. That doesn't sound bad at all, especially with strut shenanigans.

Finally, Discord Missiles may end up being a sleeper hit. Might even replace ESC on your Vultures! Will have to test. 

32-c (kraken, struts) = 53

404 (plasma, struts) = 40

Baktoid (passive, boron, struts) = 38

3 Trade Fed Vultures (discords) = 69...heh

= 200

The buzz droids seem really quite hard to pull off though? I suppose against certain targets they can do good DoT. And I also suppose you often only manage to get off one ESC a game.... 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Goseki1 said:

The buzz droids seem really quite hard to pull off though? I suppose against certain targets they can do good DoT. And I also suppose you often only manage to get off one ESC a game.... 

that's basically my thought process as well

you get one ESC; you get one Buzz droid

except the Buzz Droid is farted out during engagement (before the vulture gets blown up), even though it triggers (critical) damage at Initiative 0 with no dice involved!

or the opponent could waste shots against them, either or

Edited by ficklegreendice

3 hours ago, Explorator88 said:

Do you run illicits on your Kirhraxz's? 3 mods? Switching one useless slot for another useless slot is pointless. No on said they were unplayable, just that this change is pointless without new illicits.

No.  I ran them with no upgrades.

I just tried to see my old list with the new points and a lot of things went down.  I was able to upgrade the Gand Findsman to Zuckuss with 4-LOM crew.  It should do even better now.

3 hours ago, Redblock said:

So they said Rebel Beef is dead...

Wedge Antilles (55)    
    Marksmanship (1)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 56  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 3    

Cassian Andor (51)    
    Leia Organa (6)    
    Pivot Wing (0)    

Ship total: 57  Half Points: 29  Threshold: 4    

Braylen Stramm (51)    
Ship total: 51  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 4    

Jake Farrell (36)    
Ship total: 36  Half Points: 18  Threshold: 2    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v7!s=200!5:125,,,,142:;32:,,46,,,140:;73:,,,,,:;50:,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

This version drops the Swarm Tactics and drops a 3 attack ship to a 2 attack.

3 hours ago, Maui. said:

k

July Beef (192)

Braylen Stramm ‚ÄĒ A/SF-01 B-Wing 51
Ship Total: 51
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 4

Ten Numb ‚ÄĒ A/SF-01 B-Wing 48
Ship Total: 48
Half Points: 24 Threshold: 4

Wedge Antilles ‚ÄĒ T-65 X-Wing 55
Servomotor S-Foils 0
Ship Total: 55
Half Points: 28 Threshold: 3

AP-5 ‚ÄĒ Sheathipede-class Shuttle 32
Leia Organa 6
Ship Total: 38
Half Points: 19 Threshold: 3

This version gives up the swarm tactics and Cassian's tricks.

I'm all for Rebels having good 4 ship lists (I've been flying one in extended since 2 weeks after wave 1 dropped) but everything you could do with the pre-adjustment Rebel Beef was a bit much for the cost.  Now Rebel Beef has to make some choices - which these versions show.  

Posted (edited)

Generic B-Wings have this now:

Gavin Darklighter (61)
Crack Shot or Marksmanship (1)

Blade Squadron Veteran (43)
Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)
Jamming Beam (0)

Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)
Jamming Beam (0)

Marksmanship (1)
Autoblasters (2)
Jamming Beam (0)

Total: 200

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v7!s=200!22:116,,,,:;75:125,,232,12,,:;75:125,,232,12,,:;75:125,,232,12,,:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Have Gavin spotlight (darklight?) the target, get the Bs out of the enemy's front arcs and watch token stacked dodgy force using aces behind a gas cloud cry.

Edited by Enigami

7 hours ago, saturnflight said:

Jumpmaster gained a gunner.

And none too soon.  It makes it marginally more useful; I still think the addition of a Sensor slot as well would have made it a halfway-decent ship (at least Dengar).  Still, Gunner+Astromech and Gunner+Crew do have some potent combinations, even if the attack's not the best.  It gives it a white rotate, for example, if you use Agile Gunner.  You can run Han+Lando at a reasonable intiative level, for a not-bad price.  Consider the fact that three of the four got cost reductions, as well, and there's some lists that might find them useful.

7 hours ago, Muff2n said:

VTG to 8! Ouch. I didn't think it was misspriced.

And Ion cannon turret to 5! My poor y-wings. I already preferred x-wings to them and now this :P

I agree, although it does put a big dent in the Rebel and Scum Yion lists (especially Scum, which is regrettable, since Drea's also gone up).

5 hours ago, JJH_BATMAN said:

Trick shot is up to 4? FFG keeps doubling it: 1 to 2, 2 to 4. Not super stoked on it being bumped up, I thought it was good where it was. I could be wrong though, what do y'all think?

I think it's a rather unfortunate jump, especially since Trick Shot is one of the few useful EPTs in the lower cost range.

3 hours ago, Goseki1 said:

If you load out three Vultures with them, you've got a potential crit gauntlet set up.  Even with two, launching them at the beginning of the engagement has definite value.  Vultures with 1 K-Turns can set up shots since the opponent will likely need to play around them.

Posted (edited)

Wait, so Init3 Torrents were 28 points before right? It looks like Torrents didn't drop in YASB 2.0. 

Also, anyone know if the new cost for R2 astro for Deltas is based on modified or original agility? 

Edited by Blail Blerg

1 minute ago, Blail Blerg said:

Wait, so Init3 Torrents were 28 points before right? It looks like Torrents didn't drop in YASB 2.0. 

Also, anyone know if t

They were 29 points before, so with the dedicated price drop Blue Squadron's Torrents live up to their name for effectively the same price.

35 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Also, anyone know if the new cost for R2 astro for Deltas is based on modified or original agility? 

All scaling costs are based on what is printed on the pilot cards.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Baby Anakin having a regular Talent seems like a typo to me.

He’s the first completely untrained Force user Pilot in the game (you could obviously argue Rey, but she’s considerably older, and her pilot represents a greater span of character development whereas lil’ Annie is quite distinctly only from one scene).

Plus at this point in his life, pilot is 100% his identity, and he knows nothing about the force. The fact that he has a force charge comes down to his innate use of the force helping him to fly slightly better; it doesn’t enable him to Coordinate two generic pilots or sense where others are going.

tl;dr I thought so at first but I like it better this way.

1 minute ago, SpiderMana said:

He’s the first completely untrained Force user Pilot in the game (you could obviously argue Rey, but she’s considerably older, and her pilot represents a greater span of character development whereas lil’ Annie is quite distinctly only from one scene).

Plus at this point in his life, pilot is 100% his identity, and he knows nothing about the force. The fact that he has a force charge comes down to his innate use of the force helping him to fly slightly better; it doesn’t enable him to Coordinate two generic pilots or sense where others are going.

tl;dr I thought so at first but I like it better this way.

puhleeze.  hes forcing thru the pod race. 

Also Corran Horn: has no force at all. 

1 minute ago, Blail Blerg said:

puhleeze.  hes forcing thru the pod race. 

Also Corran Horn: has no force at all. 

Right, in a free barrel-roll-that’s-not-an-action kind of way, not a Force Talent kind of way.

Also I just honestly don’t care that an EU Jedi character doesn’t have the force in this game. Be glad he’s in the game at all.