Force Majeure

New Points Update #2

6 minutes ago, Scopes said:

Passive Sensors...any change to them? I don't see them on the list. 

Edit: NVM. Found 'em. 

Where are they?

Just now, Cgriffith said:

I'm trying it tonight.

It has one glaring weakness, it is light on firepower. 3 2 dice ships and 1 3 dice. However the mod denial means it probably punches above its weight.

Let me know how it goes! I’ve genuinely been very curious to try it out since I saw the article.

Just now, millertime059 said:

It has one glaring weakness, it is light on firepower. 3 2 dice ships and 1 3 dice. However the mod denial means it probably punches above its weight.

Let me know how it goes! I’ve genuinely been very curious to try it out since I saw the article.

Will do; My plan is to be very careful with engagement and throw as many red dice as possible each round. 

Posted (edited)

I think you're better off doing 7b Lumi + Padme + Ric + 2 Goldies.

Edit: Quote didn't work, but it's in reference to the 3 N1s and Lumi list.

Edited by SavouryRain

7 minutes ago, SavouryRain said:

I think you're better off doing 7b Lumi + Padme + Ric + 2 Goldies.

Edit: Quote didn't work, but it's in reference to the 3 N1s and Lumi list.

Sure, but can Goldie’s go zoom zoom like the N1 can? We’re talking 4 ships that just wanna go fast!

i rest my case.

41 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

The big winner for Scum is IG-88. You can finally run three IG-2000 ships at the same time. One of those can even be 88A, as long as you don't mind Jamming Beam as your only other upgrades. 

You could do this in the previous update.  Now they're cheap enough to MAYBE not stink.

But it's unlikely, they still have trash action economy.

2 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

You could do this in the previous update.  Now they're cheap enough to MAYBE not stink.

Previously, you could not run IG-88A in that list and still afford to put the title on all three. That's a huge improvement for your action economy, since you can now move Calculate tokens around where they're needed. 

Alternately, you can run B, C and D and still have 4 points free for upgrades. That will give you a pair of Tractor Beams or Autoblasters to complement the Jamming Beams.

Okay, slightly more optimistic about Hyenas

It seems that a lot of their playstyle is going to be focused around their (only 1 point) Landing Struts

In essence, they're absolutely immune to debris/asteroids at the cost of being "stuck" on them for one turn according to the text on Landing Struts (Open)

So...that's pretty huge

These little buggers can run like mad, especially if you only overlap with your template (you're only stuck on an obstacle if you're at range 0 of the debris/asteroid)

so that's cool

2 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Previously, you could not run IG-88A in that list and still afford to put the title on all three. That's a huge improvement for your action economy, since you can now move Calculate tokens around where they're needed. 

Alternately, you can run B, C and D and still have 4 points free for upgrades. That will give you a pair of Tractor Beams or Autoblasters to complement the Jamming Beams.

Either way, it's gonna be better to do two plus a D crew carrier, most likely a Quadjumper.

And they still have trash action economy even with A.  Calculates are terrible.

If the ship ability had been a free calculate after ANY action, maybe...

1 minute ago, Hiemfire said:

So Guri is up by another ******* point... Why???

Because Guri can dance around every other I5 in the game, and is the only I5 that isn't invalidated by being I6?

Posted (edited)

Rebels appear to have been nerfed all over the place for all the stuff worth flying - including generics.

The cynic in me is wondering if they have skewed points towards the new factions in order to sell more stuff.

And the AWs continue to be overlooked and continuously overpriced compared to similar units in other factions.

Edited by Gallanteer

1 minute ago, SavouryRain said:

Because Guri can dance around every other I5 in the game, and is the only I5 that isn't invalidated by being I6?

Underlined part is absolute bull. The first part is questionable...

20 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Sure, but can Goldie’s go zoom zoom like the N1 can? We’re talking 4 ships that just wanna go fast!

i rest my case.

That's fair. This is definitely going to be my first list I try when the N1s get released.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, thespaceinvader said:

IG88-A fitting instead of D in triBots actually seems like a decent boost, A is great and D sucks. Double calc or Boost Rotate, squad calc share, free Jam if you miss... sounds like something I want to try. 

Edited by prauxim

2 minutes ago, prauxim said:

IG88-A fitting instead of D in triBots actually seems like a decent boost, A is great and D sucks. Double calc or Boost Rotate, squad calc share, free Jam if you miss... sounds like something I want to try. 

From experience, the free Jamming Beam is almost entirely irrelevant, because of the range limitations and lack of damage.  Especially, the last one is basically entirely irrelevant, which is 1/3 of the potential uses.

Tractor Beams are better, but also of course, more expensive.