Force Majeure

New Points Update #2

36 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

@Darth Meanie Epic and Huge ships will be releasing starting QTR 4. If I heard correctly the Huge ships will have a staggered release schedule.

So, 2020. 🤔

Maybe.

While I would love a Republic Corvette, all I need are dials and rules.

And maybe a mission.

C'mon FFG ol' buddy, don't let me down.

Republic update:

Arcs, Wolffe Jag and Seventh down 1, Oddball 3. Not sure Wolffe needed it, but it opens things

Jedi, Obi Wan, Bariss, and PLO waayyy down, mild drops to others Excluding Ahsoka. Anakin +2. Eh. Nothing too striking there. Not sure Mace needed that, and Obi Wan needed that much a cut (to 47).

Torrents except gold get cuts. The higher end get larger ones.

N1 points are interesting. Glad to see they are appropriately trying to cost abilities here. Padme and handmaidens get a big premium.

7b gets 2 points across the board. However this means most Jedi get +1 in 7b, Ahsoka +2, Anakin +4, and Obi Wan And Saeese both -4ish.

CLT the big winner. Scaling drops to 1 per I, caps at 5. Now 2 points on Jedi.

Dedicated to 1, thank the maker! Dedicated Blues will now be what Blues cost currently.

Unexpected changes:

proton torps up to 13, priced the same as plasma torps.

Angled deflectors costed against agility (which makes sense, actually, and I wish I had thought of it).

Sense down by 1 point.

Hate scaled by chassis size, and they super don't seem to want Maul or Dooku to use it. 

Playable first order lists don't seem to have changed much? 

Vynder goes up? He wasn't *that* good. 

Warden squadron pilot goes up? 

Guri goes up? 

4 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Republic update:

Arcs, Wolffe Jag and Seventh down 1, Oddball 3. Not sure Wolffe needed it, but it opens things

Jedi, Obi Wan, Bariss, and PLO waayyy down, mild drops to others Excluding Ahsoka. Anakin +2. Eh. Nothing too striking there. Not sure Mace needed that, and Obi Wan needed that much a cut (to 47).

Torrents except gold get cuts. The higher end get larger ones.

N1 points are interesting. Glad to see they are appropriately trying to cost abilities here. Padme and handmaidens get a big premium.

7b gets 2 points across the board. However this means most Jedi get +1 in 7b, Ahsoka +2, Anakin +4, and Obi Wan And Saeese both -4ish.

CLT the big winner. Scaling drops to 1 per I, caps at 5. Now 2 points on Jedi.

Dedicated to 1, thank the maker! Dedicated Blues will now be what Blues cost currently.

Dedicated Blues are definitely not bad at 29. It's a decent filler.

I really don't understand why they pushed pretty much all jedi up though, especially since they already hit the regen playstyle hard for them by adding +2 to every R2 droid

3 minutes ago, martini74 said:

My whole republic buy in seemed to go up in points.  

Not at all. In fact I’d wager most lists come down that aren’t regen double Jedi (meaning Anakin +1) go down.

1 minute ago, SavouryRain said:

82 points for 7b Anakin is a freaking joke.

Obi and Plo dropped, but all of the 7b 4s went up save for Bariss. Get rekt Republic

Overreaction much? Most 7b Jedi went up by a whopping… 1 point. The I5 7bs went down by about 4! All non lowest generic Torrents and Arcs came down but 1.

The Republic is more than fine. It’s just double 7b regen Jedi that aren’t. And I am more than ok with that (Republic and Empire are my mains)

4 minutes ago, millertime059 said:

Not at all. In fact I’d wager most lists come down that aren’t regen double Jedi (meaning Anakin +1) go down.

Overreaction much? Most 7b Jedi went up by a whopping… 1 point. The I5 7bs went down by about 4! All non lowest generic Torrents and Arcs came down but 1.

The Republic is more than fine. It’s just double 7b regen Jedi that aren’t. And I am more than ok with that (Republic and Empire are my mains)

You have good points, and it helps take the sting out, but I didn’t even get a chance to truly enjoy the list.  I’m gonna drop the droids and try to keep running it, but I’m thinking Obi-Wan and some ARCs may be worth flying, or some N1s.

I wanted to run Ric, Padmé and 2 handmaidens since the preview article, and that leaves me with 25 points of upgrades to play around with.  

Posted (edited)

Hmm, Hyenas are rough to envision

DBS-32c is literally the same cost as WAT!? so that'll be difficult. Still, I think I gotta run it just for shenanigans. Maybe struts help keep it alive?

DBS-404 - 30, Plasmas + 9 = [39]

DBS-32c - 42, Kraken + 10, struts + 1 = [53]

Bombardment Drone 32, Delay Fuses + 1, Proximity Mine + 6, Seismic Charge + 3 [42]

Baktoid Prototype - 28, Passive Sensors + 3, Diamond-Boron Missiles + 6 [37]

Techno Union Bomber - 26, Adv. Proton Torps + 6, Energy-Shell Charges + 5 [37]

Techno Union Bomber - 26, Adv. Proton Bomb + 5, Delayed Fuses + 1, Energy-Shell Charges + 5 [37]

Edited by ficklegreendice

4 minutes ago, FatherTurin said:

You have good points, and it helps take the sting out, but I didn’t even get a chance to truly enjoy the list.  I’m gonna drop the droids and try to keep running it, but I’m thinking Obi-Wan and some ARCs may be worth flying, or some N1s.

I wanted to run Ric, Padmé and 2 handmaidens since the preview article, and that leaves me with 25 points of upgrades to play around with.  

Padme, 2x handmaiden, Luminara 7b hits 194

ewww, I have to try that.

Just now, CardinalJester said:

Aaaaaaand now we’ll never see a B-Wing on the table again. The activation factor for them was a cheap Leia. Boosting their points (5!/2!) is just insult to injury. 

Strongly disagree. However they can’t be quite so abused, and they are capable without Leia.

You just can’t get 4X named mid high initiative pilots with Leia, and that is a very good thing.